Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 9 vs. Sydney Swans, SCG Sat 15/05 @ 1:45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

:think: I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing.
I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing. :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

He’s named on the ball in the VFL side, so hopefully he plays and can build on his past two strong performances.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I want him playing AFL!! He is no use to us floundering about in the VFL team!

I agree but he’s no chance to be named in AFL side this week coz of the injury scare so best we can hope for is that he plays VFL, performs well and builds pressure for selection over coming weeks.

This is what shits me with people at the moment.

Everyone is claiming "play the kids", but in my opinion its players in the C Brown bracket that should be getting consistent games to see where they are at.

The 'kids' or those in their first couple of seasons dont have the tank or body size to play week in week out. Stephenson was an outlier, that has a grand final worthy side around him.

This is Cal's fifth year, he's never going to be our best player, but what we need to do is develop him, give him, confidence and make sure that for the next 5 years, whilst he will rarely feature in out five best players on a weekly basis, that he rarely shows up in our bottom five.

This constant in and out isn't going to help develop into a non-liability.
5 years in the system and still can’t kick. It’s a pretty important skill for an AFL player to have.

I agree but he’s no chance to be named in AFL side this week coz of the injury scare so best we can hope for is that he plays VFL, performs well and builds pressure for selection over coming weeks.

Who cares about next week or the weeks after! I want him in now!!!

I am just waiting for the team announcement so I can make some final changes and it will be up. I was told tonight or tomorrow morning but it will be up within 20 min of the team announcements.
It’s going to be amazing, you’re such a beautiful writer 😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he's in and out every other week, that's going to hurt his consistency. The injury's sub compounds this.

He'd not a world beater, dont get me wrong but he's good enough to be in our 8-14 best players each week. Just give him the space to do so.

What's better, JT and WHE being in that bracket, as they are edging closer to the end of their career, or giving Brown the opportunity?

C Brown averages 13 disposals, 3 tackles and .5 goals... for a non defender, that’s a bottom 5 player... which is why he’s in and out of the side

Even Thomas is shading him this season

And WHE

C Brown hardly making a case for best 22

C Brown averages 13 disposals, 3 tackles and .5 goals... for a non defender, that’s a bottom 5 player... which is why he’s in and out of the side

Even Thomas is shading him this season

And WHE

C Brown hardly making a case for best 22
Any idea exactly what an "effective disposal" is?

Stop hating on C Brown. The kid gives his all.

Doesn't do enough to warrant continually getting games. Hasn't improved since being at the club unlike Daicos. Can't even get above 20 disposals.

It's not up to the older guys like Pendles and Steele and the first year players to carry us. It's up to the middle tier aged players and Callum is one of them.

Doesn't do enough to warrant continually getting games. Hasn't improved since being at the club unlike Daicos. Can't even get above 20 disposals.

It's not up to the older guys like Pendles and Steele and the first year players to carry us. It's up to the middle tier aged players and Callum is one of them.
How many AFL games have you played?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back