Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 9 vs. Sydney Swans, SCG Sat 15/05 @ 1:45 pm

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Bit harsh on Tyler there Mick.
Sure he wasn't best on ground or in the top 5 but "offered nothing"
He got the ball and did the good old sidestep and rushed disposal Callum does. If Callum plays that game he gets whipped for all eternity.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Howe for Roughhead
Macrae for Murphy

Probably the only changes they'll make, doubt they'll drop anyone coming off a win with already 2 changes and not much in the VFL.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
You obviously didn’t watch the VFL or AFL, Kelly had a mare and T Brown definitely showed improvement especially in the 1st half.
Kelly is the only other on our list that can play FB. The rest of our key defenders are CHB’s or third talls.

T Brown was coming from a really low base so improving isn’t saying much. Looked like a dear in the headlights ball in hand.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Kelly is the only other on our list that can play FB. The rest of our key defenders are CHB’s or third talls.

T Brown was coming from a really low base so improving isn’t saying much. Looked like a dear in the headlights ball in hand.

Kelly was barely at VFL level for most of the weekends game, he's a long way away from being considered at AFL level.

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

That’s what I don’t get with everyone talking up t brown. Every time he has ball in hand he treats it like a hot potato 🥔. Same as his brother, they get the ball and panic immediately

Aussie pie

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers

Like I said you obviously didn’t watch Kelly, he is and was very ordinary, not a key backman. Wilson and Tohill are so far ahead of him it’s not funny.

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Swans look good. Weren’t far away from Melbourne tonight and Buddy did nothing. Not sure you can keep him down in consecutive games.

Swans look good. Weren’t far away from Melbourne tonight and Buddy did nothing. Not sure you can keep him down in consecutive games.

Espically with Roughead being out

LuckyLee

Premiership Player
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
OUT - Murphy (so disappointed for him), Roughead, Thomas/WHE

IN - Howe Wilson Sier

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Ollie stays in. Had an almost night, will get there.

Apparantely Murphy and Roughy passed the concussion tests....

But if one has to miss..

Out: Murphy
IN: Howe

Or if both have to miss..

Out: Murphy, Roughy
IN: Howe, Wilson
If neither miss then

Out: Mayne
In: Howe

chop_me

Club Legend
May 8, 2007
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Collingwood
That’s what I don’t get with everyone talking up t brown. Every time he has ball in hand he treats it like a hot potato 🥔. Same as his brother, they get the ball and panic immediately

Not sure about the hot potato analogy... he just doesn’t seem to get rid of the ball when the chance first arises

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
I think Macrae Henry Poulter have shown enough awareness with the pill.. good footy nous.. to suggest that they will be very good players.. but what we need.. if we are gonna get serious.. is a bull in the guts.. a 5-10 ranked AFL player type. A beast.

That should be our number 1 priority moving forward. If it takes a yr or 2 of wheeling and dealing.. gotta do it. Don't want to full in to the trap of doing a St Kilda and stockpiling on mediocre to good talent without landing a big fish re..

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
did de goey also pass his concussion test before going back onto the field?

I don't think he did a concussion test prior to going back onto the field, as he went back on but only lasted a few minutes, then the doc asked for him to be taken back off, as he saw something he didn't like, and then tested him for concussion, l believe. I think prior to that they were just focusing on his broken nose.

Back