Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 9 vs. Sydney Swans, SCG Sat 15/05 @ 1:45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm very excited for Wilson.

He's not a kid, so he should be able to hold his own size wise.

Hearing his story, the whole eastern European basketball stint, he clearly is determined and if the Australian Basketball Team is anything to go by he should be a tough, gritty, in and under kind of player.

I wouldn't be worried about him playing out of position, he's lining up at CHB - whilst undersized slightly at 194cm, he is still taller than Howe and I expect him to play a role closer to that, than Roughead.

Assuming Sier is injured who plays on Kennedy and Parker and Mills.?
Tyler Brown will likely get anther run with role after his performance on Cunnington last week - he'll probably take Parker.

Mills will play off half back, so a defensive forward would be required - it's a massive ask, but potentially McCreery, although he would be a lot higher up the ground than we would probably like. The alternative would be to play Pendles on him.

Kennedy, probably no direct opponent other than whos on the ball at that time. He has the tools to hurt us tomorrow, especially if Grundy drops the ball at his feet. Hitting the ball to space will be the best thing Grundy can do tomorrow to curb Kennedys influence.

Tyler Brown will likely get anther run with role after his performance on Cunnington last week - he'll probably take Parker.

Mills will play off half back, so a defensive forward would be required - it's a massive ask, but potentially McCreery, although he would be a lot higher up the ground than we would probably like. The alternative would be to play Pendles on him.

Kennedy, probably no direct opponent other than whos on the ball at that time. He has the tools to hurt us tomorrow, especially if Grundy drops the ball at his feet. Hitting the ball to space will be the best thing Grundy can do tomorrow to curb Kennedys influence.

Crispy played full time midfield last week so not unreasonable to assume he'd do the same again this week.

I need to start getting to the captains run before 9:30, as most had finished up.

But my guess is

Out: Roughy, Murphy
IN: Callum , Wilson
SUb: ? Hard to say. Suppose they could go with Cal and Madgen in. Or one of the mids.

It was hard to tell as they weren't all out there at the same time. Except with the VFL boys who went in together and this included Macrae, Madgen, Rantall, Cox etc

I need to start getting to the captains run before 9:30, as most had finished up.

But my guess is

Out: Roughy, Murphy
IN: Callum , Wilson
SUb: ? Hard to say. Suppose they could go with Cal and Madgen in. Or one of the mids.

It was hard to tell as they weren't all out there at the same time. Except with the VFL boys who went in together and this included Macrae, Madgen, Rantall, Cox etc

So 1 Good and 1 Crap in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I think Wilson is the wrong call, Tohill has been playing better but unfortunately he got injured last week, he’ll still play this week but I guess they didn’t want to risk it, which is a fair call. I guess it means the return of Cal and Madge too 😞 I’d rather not keep giving them games they don’t deserve but with Sier out and the rest being un tried I gues we don’t have a choice.

Are you able to elaborate?

Anyone suggesting Madgen also has NFI and it would be a very accurate reflection of we’re the coaching group is at if he came in. He’s going like a turbo diesel with unleaded in the tank at VFL level and Sydney are the last team he should be picked against given how they move the ball. #liability

he can’t kick. Complete liability
This is what shits me with people at the moment.

Everyone is claiming "play the kids", but in my opinion its players in the C Brown bracket that should be getting consistent games to see where they are at.

The 'kids' or those in their first couple of seasons dont have the tank or body size to play week in week out. Stephenson was an outlier, that has a grand final worthy side around him.

This is Cal's fifth year, he's never going to be our best player, but what we need to do is develop him, give him, confidence and make sure that for the next 5 years, whilst he will rarely feature in out five best players on a weekly basis, that he rarely shows up in our bottom five.

This constant in and out isn't going to help develop into a non-liability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back