Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 9 vs. Sydney Swans, SCG Sat 15/05 @ 1:45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

If no Kelly or Madgen there will be no where for Keane to hide on the postage stamp SCG against the gorillas like McLean and Sinclair

will be interesting to see how he copes

This is what shits me with people at the moment.

Everyone is claiming "play the kids", but in my opinion its players in the C Brown bracket that should be getting consistent games to see where they are at.

The 'kids' or those in their first couple of seasons dont have the tank or body size to play week in week out. Stephenson was an outlier, that has a grand final worthy side around him.

This is Cal's fifth year, he's never going to be our best player, but what we need to do is develop him, give him, confidence and make sure that for the next 5 years, whilst he will rarely feature in out five best players on a weekly basis, that he rarely shows up in our bottom five.

This constant in and out isn't going to help develop into a non-liability.

Let it go mate Brown’s a poor man’s Jarryd Blair you aren’t winning anyone over here.

Anyone have the vfl team for tomorrow. Likely to be a very weak team with all the injuries

If no Kelly or Madgen there will be no where for Keane to hide on the postage stamp SCG against the gorillas like McLean and Sinclair

will be interesting to see how he copes

Heeney likely back this week and Sinclair the most likely to make way I'd have thought.

With Wilson a lock and Sier injured the last spot in the 22 should be one of C Brown and Madgen with the other taking the sub role.

I’d select Cal in the 22

It'll be a heavily contested game on the confines of the SCG so I would go C.Brown over Madge if it is a choice between the 2.

Neither inspire me with a great deal of confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what shits me with people at the moment.

Everyone is claiming "play the kids", but in my opinion its players in the C Brown bracket that should be getting consistent games to see where they are at.

The 'kids' or those in their first couple of seasons dont have the tank or body size to play week in week out. Stephenson was an outlier, that has a grand final worthy side around him.

This is Cal's fifth year, he's never going to be our best player, but what we need to do is develop him, give him, confidence and make sure that for the next 5 years, whilst he will rarely feature in out five best players on a weekly basis, that he rarely shows up in our bottom five.

This constant in and out isn't going to help develop into a non-liability.

You could mount a case that he's in our bottom 5 most weeks actually.

You could mount a case that he's in our bottom 5 most weeks actually.
When he's in and out every other week, that's going to hurt his consistency. The injury's sub compounds this.

He'd not a world beater, dont get me wrong but he's good enough to be in our 8-14 best players each week. Just give him the space to do so.

What's better, JT and WHE being in that bracket, as they are edging closer to the end of their career, or giving Brown the opportunity?

Trying to,pick team and positions is fun. Please no Magden.

Outs Murphy, Roughead
Ins Wilson, C Brown assuming Sier is unavailable
Medical Sub , Macrae.

Maynard Keane Wilson
Quaynor Moore Noble
Poulter Sidebottom WHE
Pendles Mihocek DeGoey
Henry Cameron McCreery

Grundy Daicos Crisp

Int Mayne, C Brown,T Brown, Thomas

Medical Sub No idea maybe Macrae

Any word on what came of Sier’s injury scare/scans?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
:think: I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing.
I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing. I hope he is playing. :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back