Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Adelaide (R22, Sat 17/08 4:35pm AO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood hammering teams?
tenor.gif

Fair enough. Lets beat them by 10 points after leading by 35 at the last change. Is that better?:oops:

Does anyone else find it strange that Adelaide are already talking trading players and picks, when they can still finish in the eight? I hope they dont, because it will mean we beat them on Saturday, but I'm surprised. Maybe its a media beatup, but it seems defeatist to me. We should take advantage of an attitude like that, and hammer them.

They didn't look defeatist against wc, nah Vicky they're up to their eyeballs in this game.

He apparently declared himself as unfit last year despite appearing to train well. I think he gets mental issues in regard to his hamstrings.
That’s a pretty big assumption

Want to back the boys in for a win but it’s a massive game that the crows won’t give up easily. We travel well but I feel we really need Pendles and Sidebottom to dominant against the Crouch brothers to get the upper hand.

Home ground advantage can’t be underestimated, especially because a finals chance is on the line. Crows could have easily got the win last week... we’re coming into this game with wins against Melbourne and Gold Coast, which make me nervous. Still their loses against essendon and Carlton make them beatable.

I don’t know what to make of it all... will be watching as I holiday in Greece with interest!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know who was on the flight over? Seems like the boys have already landed.

What? What makes you say that?

They should be out on the track now or any minute now. Bucks' presser midday.

Fly out tomorrow morning, train at Adelaide Oval in the afternoon.

Or at least that's normal programming...

I think we will need to tag in the finals, so would like to see Greenwood back in this role. He should go straight to Sloane or Brad Crouch.

I know Bucks doesn't like tagging, but it's not like our midfield is firing at the moment. I understand the theory is that sending in a negative player impacts your midfield setup...but we are getting smashed in clearances anyway. So can't see how it makes us any worse. Surely taking out the oppositions best midfielder is a good way of stopping the rot.

It's highly possible we play either Geelong or Richmond in the finals at some point...and Greenwood has great records against Selwood and Martin. I for one would love to know those guys are kept under control in a big finals game.

Now would be the time to give Greenwood some practice in that role. Perhaps he isn't conditioned enough.

I think we will need to tag in the finals, so would like to see Greenwood back in this role. He should go straight to Sloane or Brad Crouch.

I know Bucks doesn't like tagging, but it's not like our midfield is firing at the moment. I understand the theory is that sending in a negative player impacts your midfield setup...but we are getting smashed in clearances anyway. So can't see how it makes us any worse. Surely taking out the oppositions best midfielder is a good way of stopping the rot.

It's highly possible we play either Geelong or Richmond in the finals at some point...and Greenwood has great records against Selwood and Martin. I for one would love to know those guys are kept under control in a big finals game.

Now would be the time to give Greenwood some practice in that role. Perhaps he isn't conditioned enough.
Agree we need to put some work into Sloane and Crouch around the contest if we want to win this. Wills and Adams to go toe to toe with them and give our outside runners 1st use. Have a feeling they will tag Sidey , so need others to step up (Phillips, Treloar , JT , Brown)
We need to leave Greenwood in the backline while we have Aish and IQ out.

Bucks said today there'll be 24 players flying over, so if anyone finds any info on who the travelling emergencies are that would be much appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back