Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Adelaide (R22, Sat 17/08 4:35pm AO)

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
So hamstring awareness and just one week off turns into a month stint on the sidelines. Only at Collingwood. :drunk:

Maybe he's been hampered by a few niggles and the club has decided to get him cherry ripe for the run into finals.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Goey and Moore to miss Crows

by Mitch Cleary (AFL Media), Aug 12, 2019 6:03PM

Collingwood superstar Jordan De Goey is expected to miss at least one more week with a hamstring injury as the Pies sweat on his availability before finals.

The 23-year-old was spotted at scans on Monday afternoon ahead of Saturday’s trip to face Adelaide, however the Pies have allayed fears he had suffered a fresh setback.

Instead, his absence is set to extend to a third week as a result of the original injury and is no certainty to return for the final round against Essendon on August 23.

De Goey is one of several Pies fighting soft-tissue injuries, along with Darcy Moore who is also expected to miss the clash with the Crows.

"Speaking to our medical guys this morning, it would be expected both him (De Goey) and Darcy would come up a bit short," Pies head of football Geoff Walsh told AFL.com.au.

"(De Goey) hasn’t re-injured (his hamstring)."

De Goey had originally told Triple M last Monday that he had been hopeful of returning for last week’s win over Melbourne or the match against the Crows.

Should De Goey and Moore miss the final round against the Bombers, the Pies could have at least three inclusions for the opening week of finals with Jaidyn Stephenson to return from his betting suspension.

Meanwhile, utility Ben Reid completed a one-on-one running session on Monday morning as he keeps the door ajar for an unlikely late season return from his latest hamstring injury sustained last month.

Collingwood’s VFL side has a bye this weekend, with fellow veteran Daniel Wells hoping to put his hand up to play the following week for the first time since his round 10 PCL injury.

Sounds like JDG was worse than they thought and only now are they getting him checked out. Not surprised.

Yeah, that'd be it.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
What a surprise Moore and De Goey will miss much much longer than the average for their injuries... How many weeks did Adams miss when they tried to get him back 3 weeks early then he tore it again? Absolute amateurs.

What's the average for their injuries? What are their actual injuries?

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bloody tough week for selection. Our problems would be all but solved if DeGoey played this week. The quickest, easiest fix would be Goldsack but I honestly don't think he's good enough for a Walker/Jenkins/Lynch type if played down back, and he's not big or springy enough to be a genuine "get out kick" down the wing or in the forward line.

The change: Noble for Daicos.

Roughead back down back as he needs to play on Walker, which means we need to shuffle someone else into the forward line who can halve a contest. Enter: Howe.

Scharenberg to Lynch.

Crisp/Greenwood to Murphy/Milera. Don't really know much about either player but should hopefully have them covered whichever way.

Noble to Betts.

Maynard to Fogarty, similar job to Darling.

Lynch is an aerobic beast, not sure I'd be sending Scharenberg to him.

Aug 17, 2009
In the Country,VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phila 76ers , Phila Eagles , Man U
I don't think many do. They are a clueless bunch of incompetents. Then the coach comes and says there is no issue and no review is needed.

What I have issue with is fans bagging players when they do their utmost best for the team, but unfortunately gets injured. How would a player feel when we call them to be traded or sacked when they have given their heart out. Darcy Moore is a case in point.

Couldn't believe it when I heard Bucks say that.

Also people bagging players (Crocker) when it's not their fault they are getting games because of our lengthy injury list.

I actually can’t believe there’s people who stick up for our medical team. De Goey now 3 weeks most likely will be 4 weeks for a “minor” hammy. Brisbane had a guy hurt his hammy and he played the next week.

Also I’m calling it. Darcy wont play the rest of the season. Exact same thing going on with him near finals as last year.

Collingwood Medical team "hamstring awareness 2-3 weeks then we will reevaluate" 8 weeks later " Player has gone in for surgery to reattach the hamstring to the bone Collingwood medical team " we were waiting to see if it would reattach itself " :( as much as this is a joke it not far from the truth.

Couldn't believe it when I heard Bucks say that.

Also people bagging players (Crocker) when it's not their fault they are getting games because of our lengthy injury list.
Maybe he was toeing the party line. The least he could have said was that we will review to see where we can improve. You can't keep on ignoring it year after year.

Bloody tough week for selection. Our problems would be all but solved if DeGoey played this week. The quickest, easiest fix would be Goldsack but I honestly don't think he's good enough for a Walker/Jenkins/Lynch type if played down back, and he's not big or springy enough to be a genuine "get out kick" down the wing or in the forward line.

The change: Noble for Daicos.

Roughead back down back as he needs to play on Walker, which means we need to shuffle someone else into the forward line who can halve a contest. Enter: Howe.

Scharenberg to Lynch.

Crisp/Greenwood to Murphy/Milera. Don't really know much about either player but should hopefully have them covered whichever way.

Noble to Betts.

Maynard to Fogarty, similar job to Darling.
Would not surprise me if Bucks persists with Roughead as a forward. Hope he doesn't

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
DeGoey lasts 5 minutes on the track last week after being a chance to play. Club denies set back to injury but DeGoey getting further scans yesterday.

I am not one that cares about the info that comes from the club if it helps us get an advantage but the above just once again makes me shake my head at our medical department. Seriously up there with the worst in the comp.

DeGoey back for more scans and by the time Moore gets back from a minor hamstring, it will be a similar time frame to someone that has ripped it off the bone.

Last edited:

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Out: Daicos, (concussion)
In: Noble

With the knowledge that Aish, Moore and DeGoey 9and a few others), will not be available this week.

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
Our medical/fitness department are a flaming joke. It's been that way for multiple years now and the club needs to pull its head in and sort it out once and for all over the off season. We're dead set costing ourselves a realistic shot at a flag this season with the huge injury list. We're still a flukers hope based on talent but having no continuity with our best side is killing us.

Would not surprise me if Bucks persists with Roughead as a forward. Hope he doesn't

He has already stated that he will persist with this. It will be the reason we lose on Saturday. Fog and Tex will kick a bag each while our best defender flounders in the forward line goaless.

Back