Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Adelaide (R22, Sat 17/08 4:35pm AO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy to pick this week, this is all that's left

Sen:
Crisp Roughead Greenwood
Howe Scharenberg Maynard

Grundy Treloar Pendlebury
Adams Phillips Sidebottom

Varcoe Mihocek Brown
Thomas Hoskin Elliott

Int:
Wills Mayne Noble Madgen

Emer:
T Brown Crocker Appleby Goldsack

Is there any chance we could just ditch the netball and aflw team and just instead use the money to get that German Doctor living at the club all expenses paid for, just so he can exclusively look after Darcy's hamstrings 24/7?

So lets stop spending money on activity that has zero impact on the FD tax scenario and instead pour all that money into something that will attract FD considerations....

What we spend on AFLW and netball is over and above what we spend on AFL footy and in no way precludes us from spending more on AFL if we so choose. We (and every other club) choose not to pay a dollar for dollar tax for exceeding the $9.5M FD capped spend. The only way that will change is if the members direct the club to do so.

I'd like to see T.Brown get a game over Wills at some point. Just more upside imo

Realistically two weeks out from a finals campaign and with a top four berth still up for grabs I cannot understand why we would even contemplate changing our midfield mix unless it involves De Goey entering it for his short bursts when he returns. Even Sier is really behind the eight ball as he'll miss this week and only have one hit out before the AFL Finals commence which is not ideal for someone who isn't a naturally fit player and who won't have the VFL to continue building his match fitness.

The time will come for Tyler to get his chance, but he is averaging 15 disposals and 4 tackles per game in the VFL. It's very ambitious to think he could deliver this at the higher level. Wills, for all his flaws, is averaging 28 and 8 tackles which still highlights how much Brown needs to improve.

I'm really excited about Tyler, but I think his time is next year. Just needs another pre-season in the gym. Stephenson gets away with his size because of his pace and the fact he plays as a forward pocket. Tyler Brown will get mauled in the midfield with the bigger bodies.

But at VFL level he has shown strength and great poise. Really excited about his future. But hold him back until next year I reckon.

'tis a shame Stevo is still banned, this fixture was the one that kicked off his impressive first year

Actually think of it as a blessing because no doubt Stevo would have developed hamstring awareness and miss the season, with his hamstrings in doubt for the remainder of his career. I would hate to be recruited to Collingwood in this day and age. Who would have thought that Brisbane would be a club of choice for career longevity! The world is upside down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, it is shocking. Guess the only difference this year is that both players have a block of footy behind them. Jordy had an interrupted start to last year, Moore had interruptions all year.

Is there any chance we could just ditch the netball and aflw team and just instead use the money to get that German Doctor living at the club all expenses paid for, just so he can exclusively look after Darcy's hamstrings 24/7?

Would we be able to use those teams as spending spread?

Say we hire an overseas fitness guru on 390k and say he’s in charge of all Collingwood teams, when 95% of his job is for the AFL team.

130k cost to AFL, 130k cost to AFLW, 130k cost to Netball. Saving money on the footy department cap

Would we be able to use those teams as spending spread?

Say we hire an overseas fitness guru on 390k and say he’s in charge of all Collingwood teams, when 95% of his job is for the AFL team.

130k cost to AFL, 130k cost to AFLW, 130k cost to Netball. Saving money on the footy department cap

I’m not sure of the exact breakdown, but that’s the concept and why clubs were lining up for a aflw license.

Using your example above, let’s say we didn’t have those licenses your fitness guru would cost 130k (within cap), 260k (outside cap, 260k (afl tax). So your 390k guru cost you 650k.

Have we had a serious training session yet this week? Did any of our injured players like De Goey, Moore, Wells etc take the field?

Have we had a serious training session yet this week? Did any of our injured players like De Goey, Moore, Wells etc take the field?
Yes at Trinity. Doubt Jordy trained because he is now not available to finals but Moore trained as a ruckmancumforward today.

Yes lets take the boys to Adelaide oval (remember how great travelling to Perth went?) just so we can get some game time into their legs???
Its round 22...if they need miles in their legs now its too late!
Why risk an injury (plane flights and tall athletes don't often bode well) for nothing?
Get em right for when we need them, we'll only get one shot at it this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back