Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovin the coach this year.
Scott made some bad errors in the first few games of the year - both in selection and on game day. I think that directly cost us 1-2 wins.

Since then he has been much better - very good in fact - keeping it simple at selection, showing flexibility on match day and now making the hard calls.

Scott made some bad errors in the first few games of the year - both in selection and on game day. I think that directly cost us 1-2 wins.

Since then he has been much better - very good in fact - keeping it simple at selection, showing flexibility on match day and now making the hard calls.
So happened 2 weeks ago when we were smacked in our worst loss for the year?

Who says Scott made some selection errors, you? He gave senior respected players at the club an opportunity to succeed and some have taken it and some havent. I think he's handling the transition brilliantly.

Who says Scott made some selection errors, you? He gave senior respected players at the club an opportunity to succeed and some have taken it and some havent. I think he's handling the transition brilliantly.

Playing swallow in a position other than inside mid is asking for failure IMO

I was not talking about 'the transition' - that is a different conversation - i was talking about selection and game day decisions that had a direct bearing on us losing games early.

The second dropping of Swallow this week tells us that Brad may well feel the same way in hindsight - i.e. that he held on for too long on certain players.

But that was then and this is now - he is doing a very good job now.

Playing swallow in a position other than inside mid is asking for failure IMO

Players need more than one string to their bow and Scott gave him an opportunity to add one.

Why we don't have any options to go smaller defensively.

I do not understand these emergencies. Where is the utility defender.

Carlton have 1 tall forward, 2 medium , and 3 smalls. We have 2,3 and 1 for defenders.

If they play Weitering down back (likely with our tall forward line), we will have an extremely bad match-up.

Carlton have 1 tall forward, 2 medium , and 3 smalls. We have 2,3 and 1 for defenders.

If they play Weitering down back (likely with our tall forward line), we will have an extremely bad match-up.
Actually, they have Casboult. How can i forget him. Big arse mits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um.

Tarrant: tall + loose
Hansen: tall + loose
Thompson: tall + loose + medium + small
JMac: medium + small
EVW: medium + small (will be able to play on talls when he puts on mass)
Mullet: small
Marley: small

Our defense is quite flexible and has been for some time.

I expect Tarrant to play on Levi. Thompson on Weitering. Hansen loose. Marley on wright. EVW on silvani/curnow. The rest.

Um.

Tarrant: tall + loose
Hansen: tall + loose
Thompson: tall + loose + medium + small
JMac: medium + small
EVW: medium + small (will be able to play on talls when he puts on mass)
Mullet: small
Marley: small

Our defense is quite flexible and has been for some time.

I expect Tarrant to play on Levi. Thompson on Weitering. Hansen loose. Marley on wright. EVW on silvani/curnow. The rest.

Hmm. I dont think Thompson can play small anymore.

Personally I think we are way too tall for them, but I also don't think that they have too many quality smalls. So maybe its fine.

I agree with the decision to drop swallow this week but I still think he could be in our team GF day next year!!

When I was writing that post i almost said I'd have him in for this years GF. For sure. If we make the Granny this year, and I haven't given up on it yet, Spitta would be the one to get us across the line i reckon.

Yeah it only took a couple of easy fixes......oh and 8 years, great job Brad :thumbsu:

And as we get Jacobs, Simpkin and others back, he'll fall further down the ladder

McDonald Dumont Clarke Atley is a bloody good bench for a team now missing 7 two hundred gamers from last year along with the players you mentioned and Wright injured.

Sure, we got some moneyball recruits but also have 2 million to spend and Ahern in a rehab year.

Swallow's papers are stamped.

Any rebuild that lasts longer than 9 weeks is a failure now.

Abject failure.
McDonald Dumont Clarke Atley is a bloody good bench for a team now missing 7 two hundred gamers from last year along with the players you mentioned and Wright injured.

Sure, we got some moneyball recruits but also have 2 million to spend and Ahern in a rehab year.

Swallow's papers are stamped.

Could have easily given Hansen and Gibson a rest too.

We are still far too old for a rebuilding team. 4th oldest team last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back