Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs GFC (OUT: Thomas/Hansen/Daw/Dumont | IN: Brown/Basti/Garner/Mullett)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHB is where he belongs at the moment mate. 3 talls hasn't worked at all for us in 2015.

One 200cm+ FF in Brown to bomb it in to

Ziebell at CHF - still close enough to the middle to make an impact and lock the ball in our fwd50

Wood and Higgins on respective flanks hopefully slotting goals from outside 50 and setting up Brown on leads

Black and Thomas in the pockets cleaning up Brown's crumbs and making short leads to HF

All with an eye on the future of our foward line and developing cohesion between our young gunners, Higgins being the oldest player in our F50.

Even better if Garner can come in for Higgins/Thomas, I think Higgo should be trialled as a full time mid before the season ends too.

you're talking to the converted mate, I have been banging on about Drew to CHB since 2013. but no one is listening.:(

From opposing teams,
Gibson, happy to let him get the ball as much as he wants.
Petrie, can't believe how he just relies on his height/reach no body work. Easy to stand.
Boomer the 100yr old most dangerous player on our team and most effort goes into on game day.
Thompson, no idea why he doesn't stand the best foward.
Our squad/coaches are a shambles. Poor that boomer is by far our most damaging player by a long way at his age

Certainly hope not.
Me too, but the likelihood is either one of Swallow, Ziebell or Cunnington will have to be dropped, injured or dead before they give Frog a full game in his best position.

For interest's sake what are you basing this on - his form from 2 years ago?

Surely it was not based on 3 qtrs of footy the other night on a greasy deck with rubbish supply? If you were using the other night as a one off decision criterion then you'd write off Ziebell and Swallow as footballers on the same basis.

How many of his VFL games have you seen this season?

His whole career. He just isn't an AFL footballer.

VFL is his limit because he can play in a position that suits him but he is behind the best ruck in the game at AFL level.

"The players understand the coaches are going to pull the trigger if you're not in good form or you're not playing the team structure," Thompson said on the eve of his 150th game for North.

"The message is clear and we're all on notice. That's good – the players like that and you perform, or you don't play."

Thompson said the coaches have challenged Thomas to be switched on defensively for the entire contest.

"He's one of the best forward pressure players in the game so if he keeps working on that and making sure he does it the whole time, consistently, he'll be straight back in," Thompson said.

"He's one of our best players. We love him in the team and we hope he can come straight back in."

"The players understand the coaches are going to pull the trigger if you're not in good form or you're not playing the team structure," Thompson said on the eve of his 150th game for North.

"The message is clear and we're all on notice. That's good – the players like that and you perform, or you don't play."

Thompson said the coaches have challenged Thomas to be switched on defensively for the entire contest.

"He's one of the best forward pressure players in the game so if he keeps working on that and making sure he does it the whole time, consistently, he'll be straight back in," Thompson said.

"He's one of our best players. We love him in the team and we hope he can come straight back in."

Say what?

'Notice' must be code for mescaline or something.

The club must have hired an expert nuerologist to tamper with his brain whilst he was under from the surgery.

The bullshit coming out of the club has reached epic proportions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explains a few things about Loogie...

I saw him at Parkville a few weeks ago. His wife must play netball there. He was, in true Loogie fashion, knocking around in shorts (keep in mind this is the middle of June in Melbourne) throwing a netball in the general vicinity of the hoop. Just a truly outstanding individual.

I dont blame the club. How do you drop players for not meeting a certain standard when there isnt one in force in the first place :stern look

I hate the word and its been whored around here for years but really leadership, we have * all of it.
On each line.

Our players lack of accountability that has built up over the years is why development has been scarce. If I played for North why would I push myself harder when I wont be pulled up on it.

sigh

If I wasn't so emotionally invested in this club I would walk away , the media says the playing list has no leadership and not enough mongrel keep turning up not ready for what the opposition bring .
Our president is a media clown who doesn't promote us and the most talented bloke to walk in the joint was Eugene and he couldn't stand the whole "boys club " bullshit .
I'm feeling much the same Chrissy. If I'm truly honest the only twinge if excitement I'm feeling is around our potential to right royally clusterf&%*ed this weekend to put the pressure on and get some movement at the club.

We're weak as piss in every department. I'd love Euge back.

In fairness, it's one of only hundreds that give them ammunition against BF, if they wanted it.

If I was at the club, I would ignore BF and ask the players to avoid it, too. Too much emotion. The downside of that is that there is some pretty good analysis done here and some good suggestions that might work if taken on board.

There is a bit of bs floating about, but sadly the BF board is probably too honest and confronting for the club.

We aren't killing his development at all. The club has been extremely patient with him and he just isn't an AFL footballer. Ben Brown has shown more in heaps less time.
How can he play well if the mids are not working hard enough? Ben Brown showed more because we decided to step on the throttle after the loss to Brisbane last year. Ben Brown had support from good delivery and from our sudden mini resurrection to do well last year. Daw received FA support from his team-mates on the weekend, was fed with the worst delivery and don't get me started on how slow we were when we moved it! Why single Daw out when Waite did nothing? Yep, we are very patient indeed. If we are patient, play him for the rest of the year. Let him build chemistry on GD. Don't give him 1-3 weeks and drop him. He's our future, time to play the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back