Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. GWS (R18, Sat 20/07 4:35pm GIA)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A sitter?
On his left side on the left pocket. That’s tough for most except Peter Daicos.
Poetic licence but he was only 25 out and not exactly on the boundary line. A sitter for a key forward

Doesn’t really change my point. Win some lose some. I’m not bitter about that kick. We had plenty of other chances on the day.

Last edited:

Not sure what that means long term but welcome to Collingwood (2020 version) Brodie Grundy!!!!!!

Hopefully it means he wants to stay and Will give us less salary cap strsss next year (still on old salary) and an extra year to make sure we can fit him in for 2021 and beyond.

Poetic licence but he was only 25 out and not exactly on the boundary line. A sitter for a key forward

Doesn’t really change my point. Win some lose some. I’m bit bitter about that kick. We had plenty of other chances on the day.
If it was a GF do you reckon he misses?

If It’s against us in a GF.... somehow he would kick it.....

Doesn’t really change my point. Win some lose some. I’m not bitter about that kick. We had plenty of other chances on the day.
That checkside by De Goey in the last quarter would go through 9 times out of 10!

I come in peace, for the moment.

If you are coming on Saturday please note.

Trackwork.

Buses replace trains this weekend between.....

Gordon and Wynyard/Nth Sydney

Sydenham and Central. (Remaining trains on the Cronulla line are a changed timetable)

Waterfall and Central (Illawarra Line)

Good luck and hopefully no injuries. Screenshot_20190717-221410_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

Trackwork.

Sydenham and Central. (Remaining trains on the Cronulla line are a changed timetable)

Good luck and hopefully no injuries.View attachment 710672
I didn't know Mike Larkan was a Giants fan......:think:

I know a few people have said we probably won’t go with a tagger but with Coniglio and Kelly out would tagging one more of their guns out of the game give us a huge advantage? With Pendles out I could see Greenwood taking his spot and Adams running off half back.
I'm not sure about a genuine tag, in fact I dislike it. It creates an exploitable situation at stoppages, but I like Crisp as a run with.

I think it’s more likely to be Howe in,not Shaz. I really can’t see how Crocker can stay in the team after that so one or Daicos/Tyler in too imo
I'd like Shaz at CHB. Howe to replace Crocker up forward and WHE to remain in defence. Obviously Adams for Pendles.

I'd like Shaz at CHB. Howe to replace Crocker up forward and WHE to remain in defence. Obviously Adams for Pendles.

No way WHE stays in defence. The move was purely situational. He has to go back forward with Howe in. His strengths are best utilised up forward

It’s almost like people don’t realise players can play other positions.

For weeks and weeks I’ve been saying bring in someone like a Quaynor and Appleby and push Crisp and/or Maynard up the field.

Apparently that couldn’t happen because Crisp has been so good down back. Then Crisp was pushed into the midfield against West Coast and many are praising Bucks for doing something you said couldn’t happen.

F**king lol

No. Crocker HAS to come out. Shaz can still come in. Guess what? Maynard or Noble can can also push up to the middle or wing.

Defenders that can play further up the ground provide the most flexibility so yeah I’d be bringing in Shaz and keeping Quaynor and Noble in the side.

If nothing else, Crocker is simply a terrible terrible footballer and shouldn’t be in the side.

This is the most sense you’ve made in a long time! Talent wins out and from everything I’ve seen Crocker doesn’t have enough to make it at senior level because he’s a grinder that wants to be a baller...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised Howe hasn't been given an opportunity up forward. Playing at Melbourne.. in a bad side.. probably not fully committed to training. Young kid. Etc.

He's matured a lot since arriving at Collingwood. Understands the game a lot more. Etc etc etc.

Throw him up front.. you just never know.

Trackwork.

Good luck and hopefully no injuries.View attachment 710672
Thanks very helpful.

I auto read any post mentioning trackwork.

Alas, not a race track.
Only kidding, we have had so many train track works in Melbourne in recent times.

Though I’m not going to Sydney this week your info is much appreciated.

I'm surprised Howe hasn't been given an opportunity up forward. Playing at Melbourne.. in a bad side.. probably not fully committed to training. Young kid. Etc.

He's matured a lot since arriving at Collingwood. Understands the game a lot more. Etc etc etc.

You’d only throw him there as a once off pinch hit.
Long term he’s not that player.
Much superior running at the ball.

I don't often agree with you.. but I think you could be right.
So you don’t often agree all those times I’ve said:

you are the styler and profiler,

You are a great one re

You are the man.

All those times, you don’t agree re?

I’ll have to revise my thinking re.

:D

Mihocek kicked four last week Cox kicked three. De Goey is a gun.

Howe has failed as a forward in the past.

And we have two kiddies in the backline and Langdon and Moore missing and Shaz dropped after coming off a reco

Apart from all those obvious reasons to leave Howe in defence where he belongs I got nothing

So you don’t often agree all those times I’ve said:

you are the styler and profiler,

You are a great one re

You are the man.

All those times, you don’t agree re?

I’ll have to revise my thinking re.

:D

I'm just saying it as insurance..

All good re.

No way WHE stays in defence. The move was purely situational. He has to go back forward with Howe in. His strengths are best utilised up forward
His strengths of pace, running with the footy, marking and neat disposal seem just as if not more suited to defence. WHE hasn't been getting near it up forward. He's lucky to have held his place. Why not have someone lead him to the ball? I also think it'd be good to have a look at Howe up forward.

HE did play up front when he got to Collingwood and while he porbably wasn't given enough time to find his feet there, he wasn't good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back