Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. GWS (R18, Sat 20/07 4:35pm GIA)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised Howe hasn't been given an opportunity up forward. Playing at Melbourne.. in a bad side.. probably not fully committed to training. Young kid. Etc.

He's matured a lot since arriving at Collingwood. Understands the game a lot more. Etc etc etc.

Throw him up front.. you just never know.

Yep try it ........ against the suns

Howe kicked 28 goals in 2013 for the Dees so I wouldn't say he's failed forward. Team lifting speccys and 1 - 2 goals a game is probably more use to us than his form down back this season, he'd take a very very good defender away from Mihocek or Cox

Howe kicked 28 goals in 2013 for the Dees so I wouldn't say he's failed forward. Team lifting speccys and 1 - 2 goals a game is probably more use to us than his form down back this season, he'd take a very very good defender away from Mihocek or Cox

If you want to look backwards then 42 from WHE in 2018 on top of 18 in 2017 is far more worthy a nomination.

It ain’t broke. No need to fix it

We have just reintroduced Elliott back into our forward set up, not the time for further tinkering.
Get the swoop squad firing (until Stephenson returns).
Shoring up the backline (with Howe) should be the priority.

His strengths of pace, running with the footy, marking and neat disposal seem just as if not more suited to defence. WHE hasn't been getting near it up forward. He's lucky to have held his place. Why not have someone lead him to the ball? I also think it'd be good to have a look at Howe up forward.

WHE is the best set-shot in the team, such a waste to have him in defence

What a wonderful attitude for a young man. Credit to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have just reintroduced Elliott back into our forward set up, not the time for further tinkering.
Get the swoop squad firing (until Stephenson returns).
Shoring up the backline (with Howe) should be the priority.
He wasn't shoring it up before injury

HE did play up front when he got to Collingwood and while he porbably wasn't given enough time to find his feet there, he wasn't good.
Spot on, hes not a natural forward however I wouldn't be against trying him forward in short bursts if the situation warranted it, ie getting flogged.

I'm surprised Howe hasn't been given an opportunity up forward. Playing at Melbourne.. in a bad side.. probably not fully committed to training. Young kid. Etc.

He's matured a lot since arriving at Collingwood. Understands the game a lot more. Etc etc etc.

Throw him up front.. you just never know.

If we’re losing and our forwards are giving us nothing that’s when we should throw Howe forward. He could become a handy swingman come finals if either Moore, Shaz and Langdon are fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back