Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. GWS (R18, Sat 20/07 4:35pm GIA)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple average VFL form, throw Goldy a bone! We might just need him and a couple of AFL games might help. Utility who inspires teammates!
Goldy would be my preference as he can play tall but has the pace and mobility to pay on smalls. He had a very good game last week too. We are one tall short (if you can call Howe a tall) so either Cameron, Himmelburg or Finlayson are going to be in a mismatch for size.

I am sure the one glaring weakness I have always seen in Shaz. his his lack of pace, is the reason for his non selection. He can get away with it at the lower level but can get exposed in the top tier. I am sure he will play again but I don't see a match up for him in the GWS forward line. Their three talls are all very mobile. I like Shaz- I am not knocking him. I just see a problem moving forward and if he isn't selected when we are so injury hit it must be ringing alarm bells for him.
Wouldn't be surprised if Pendles doesn't play and Shaz comes in. We've been playing games with the announced team lately, and i wouldn't be surprised if he's given more time to recover.
Would seem odd to name Apples if that was the plan, but maybe Crisp goes to the centre

Silly me but I am ok with the selection. I liked Apples last year so happy give him a go. Can’t argue Howe and Adams and Varcoe needed for forward grunt. It’s a holding pattern for run into finals and interstate games

I find it interesting that Madgen was named as an emergency despite not being "in the mix" and Goldsack was named as one of our best last weekend.
Hasn't looked like it before that game, assumed he'd hit the wall age wise

It’s obvious that we are sticking to our smaller backline that worked much better last week.

It looks like both Greenwood and Noble only came out from today’s training after pulling up sore.

Judging by the fact that Elliott trained fully today I’d say the plan all along was not to play him this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just my opinion Elliott was never doing to interstate trips back to back, Crocker was always getting 2 weeks to show if he can do something. Don’t know what’s the go with Sharenberg not getting picked I thought he was a Certainty this week.

I don't believe them when it comes to Jamie. Bet he has another hammy injury. This load management will turn into 2 weeks then 4 weeks.

Also Pendles named even though he broke a finger. And people say he is soft. What a load of s**t.

They are very different players who are suited to very different positions.

One has ability the other has no future with us......the position on the ground is irrelevant domus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back