Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. GWS (R18, Sat 20/07 4:35pm GIA)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to watch the VFL today, I'm pretty sure you'll change your mind about Goldsack
I think he’s likely to perform better in the AFL. At the moment we need leadership, selflessness and good attitude he brings that to the game 100% of the time. We play best when the system is doing its job.

I think he’s likely to perform better in the AFL. At the moment we need leadership, selflessness and good attitude he brings that to the game 100% of the time. We play best when the system is doing its job.
We are second on the ladder after an epic win and you think we lack leadership selflessness and attitude?

Yeah I reckon when they analyse the individual efforts, Sier's won't stand out but it'll be noticeable

OUT: Moore (inj), Crocker, Mayne
IN: Scharenberg, Adams, Howe

Mayne been poor for a little too long now imo. Due for a run in the seconds.
Mayne was one of our most important players last night.

I have a theory that they just didn’t really want to take Scharenberg to Perth on a plane and that surface.

He’ll return this week for Moore as it were.

When Howe is ready it might be Noble or Quaynor that makes way.
Both going well for debutants but that’s where I’d think the Howe entry comes from.
I think your right.
In : Shaz, Adams
Out : Moore, Crocker

Leadership = Pendlebury
Selflessness = WHE, Maynard
Good Attitude = Grundy, Mihocek

Is that ^ what you mean

I'm not sure about that, we are sitting pretty ATM so I would imagine the 3 things you mentioned might not apply, he won't be getting a game

Everyone’s mad coz I want to drop WHE.
Happy for him to play in defence. It was his best game since Queens Day.
WHE was pretty good last night, but I think his form in general has been below that of Josh Thomas.

I'd like him to play in defence. I think he could be a ripper back there. He goes missing too much as a forward/wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldsack is done and has been for a while.

Was worst on ground in the GF last year by a distance. I like the bloke, but had literally any competent defender played that day instead of him, we would be reigning premiers right now.

Scharenberg and Dunn were our kpd pillars for much of last year and were great. Schaz comes straight in for Moore, to play next to the excellent Roughead.

When is Langdon back? He's hugely important to our backline.

The club is being coy about when Langdon might return. Which makes me think his injury is serious and there's a chance he won't be back this season. I hope i'm being unecessarily cynical and end up wrong.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I feel replacing Daicos with Crocker deprived Josh of important development and gave us little (if anything) extra on game day. All due respect to Crocker as he wore the jumper and tried his heart out. Two wrongs do not make a right, so Croc is fairly due another chance, but if this was his last game for the club, fair enough.

Shaz/Howe for Moore, whoever of the 2 is closer to 100% fit and a better match-up for the GWS forwards.

Dropping WHE after he successfully executed a role that was out of position for him, and arguably his most important job for the year? Yep, good call. :drunk:

The club is being coy about when Langdon might return. Which makes me think his injury is serious and there's a chance he won't be back this season. I hope i'm being unecessarily cynical and end up wrong.

That's how I read the situation as well. They're making no announcements because they want to see if surgery can be avoided; historically that only ends one way for Collingwood.

Outs: Moore and Crocker
In:Howe or Scharenberg for Moore.And Daicos for Crocker
As for Adams rather see him get some game time and fitness in the VFL as our next 2 weeks will not be easy.Not that any game is.
Sier will be in he copped a hard hit to his head the other week and did some great things last night that went unnoticed could have kicked a goal.We need big Bodies in the Middle!
And young Brown could have kicked 2 goals and his hands are just so good,So for me he must stay in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back