Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. GWS (R18, Sat 20/07 4:35pm GIA)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't you drop Crocker if he is ineffective and has never shown himself to be at the level?

Think you need to give guys 1 game to adjust. Elliot was invisible last week, for example.

For the record, I don’t reckon across Crocker will be in our next premiership team, but I don’t reckon you can drop him the week.

I wish Crocker could just do one or two really good things to give him a chance to stay in.
I wish he was a better player so he could stay in. I wish I was a better player so I could play for the Pies and make it rain flags.

Reality can be a real downer.

In: Scharenberg, Adams

Out: Moore (injured) Crocker

that simple

Out: Crocker, Moore
In: Schaz, Adams

Give Howe another week to recover.

In. Howe Adams
Out. Moore Crocker

Feel for Crocker, off the pace as he admitted post match. Only one way to fix that, but can't see it happening

Maybe if Aish doesn't get up that could be a reprieve. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few cracks at it, last chances for him now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sen:
Noble Roughead Greenwood
Crisp Scharenberg Quaynor

Grundy Treloar Sidebottom
Adams Phillips Pendlebury

Mihocek WHE Maynard
De Goey Cox Elliott

Sier Aish Brown Mayne

Emer:
Crocker Thomas Daicos Wills

Res:
T Brown Appleby Broomhead Madgen Goldsack Bosenavulagi Wilson Keane Tohill

Unavailable:
Moore Langdon Stephenson Howe Beams Varcoe Wells Reid Dunn Lynch Murphy Kelly Murray

I'd give Crocker one more go.

No need to rush guys back in. Let's save our best for finals, and see if guys like Crocker and Sier can get their sht together.

Crocker was annoying getting caught with the ball.. but he was in the right place where he needed to be to get the ball. He just needed to dispose of it a bit quicker.

In saying that....

Out Moore
In Shaz/Howe (whoever is fitter/less likely to get re-injured)

I'd give Crocker one more go.

No need to rush guys back in. Let's save our best for finals, and see if guys like Crocker and Sier can get their sht together.

Crocker was annoying getting caught with the ball.. but he was in the right place where he needed to be to get the ball. He just needed to dispose of it a bit quicker.

In saying that....

Out Moore
In Shaz/Howe (whoever is fitter/less likely to get re-injured)

Lol Crocker fair dinkum couple of times for caught and I almost handed in my mantle for him being my favourite player, but he did get keep it down there right at the end, and nearly kicked the winner.

I really think Adams, Shaz and Howe are the only blokes could possibly come in in the foreseeable future. Moore gone for weeks now. Stevo comes in for finals, and perhaps Varcoe for one last chance saloon.

I reckon Crocker did about what JT has been contributing this year, and he had reduced game time, so didn't really find time for THAT goal ;)

Yeah I reckon when they analyse the individual efforts, Sier's won't stand out but it'll be noticeable

OUT: Moore (inj), Crocker, Mayne
IN: Scharenberg, Adams, Howe

Mayne been poor for a little too long now imo. Due for a run in the seconds.

His job tonight wasn’t to get possessions but stop Hurn. Plus he was blocking many Eagle defenders so Checkers and Cox had a clear run at the footy, while also stopping their marking. He played his role well

His job tonight wasn’t to get possessions but stop Hurn. Plus he was blocking many Eagle defenders so Checkers and Cox had a clear run at the footy, while also stopping their marking. He played his role well
Thought he may have tagged, wasn't sure when I posted, just focused on his 8 disposals. What I did notice all night was how little Hurn was able to influence the game so well done Mayney on that matter.

Thought he may have tagged, wasn't sure when I posted, just focused on his 8 disposals. What I did notice all night was how little Hurn was able to influence the game so well done Mayney on that matter.

It was the same last week. He gave Henderson (Hawthorn's best all year) one of the all time greatest baths, but people were criticizing his game. He's becoming a good tagger.

Moore out because injured.

Crocker out because he's a bloody awful footballer at AFL level. Everything he touched (which wasn't much) turned to poo tonight. Those two straight htb calls killed us.

Brown had another ineffectual showing but probably survives.

WHE patchy but won't be dropped I don't think. He showed some important versatility when he went back.

Everyone else played their role well.

Last edited:
Adams to have more time building in the VFL after a long layoff

Out: Moore, Crocker

In: Scharenberg, Daicos

Daicos turned it over a bit last week but also looked to get himself into some decent scoring positions. Offers more inside 50 as a small forward than Crocker does as a mid sized forward.

If they persevere with Crocker... it better be on a wing and not as a forward, otherwise they are just setting him up for failure

Question: is it common for a team to be drawn to play their Finals opponents from the previous year consecutively in order?

Last years Finals WCE-GWS-RIC-WCE. These 3 weeks WCE-GWS-RIC...

Changes for next week... Crocker has a ton of heart and minimal skill. Kinda like me... need to drop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back