Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe most talented. Not sure he deserves a game though. Was pretty poor in AFL and hasn't exactly dominated VFL
Hard to make a case for anyone after the last weeks VFL game. Ahern has talent but isnt knocking the door down. Campbell is the only one consistently playing very good footy!

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hard to make a case for anyone after the last weeks VFL game. Ahern has talent but isnt knocking the door down. Campbell is the only one consistently playing very good footy!

Careful there, complimenting Campbell round these parts is taboo.

He is our best in the 2s by the length of flemmo straight

Agreed, I quite liked the pickup anyway as a good backup ruckman who has some drive.

Campbell hasn't put a foot wrong since he's come in, and he's had some real blinders for a big man in the 2's.

Just hope we bring the pressure early to rattle them. Just so they have perceived pressure permanently drilled in the back of their minds when they get the ball.

Need to stop their flow and expose them in the contests (contested) and be good with the ball (uncontested). We do those well, we win. Easily.

Garner for Higgins.

Hayden and Ahern travelling.
I wouldn't drop Taylor from the mix he's had some good games. Kyrons game wasn't his best last week, but he had a pretty good little pest all over him for most of the game, he'll learn to deal with that, Ahern was left more open. Campbell has been impressive, I'd like to see him have a run.

We pasted them down in Tassie last year.

I want a repeat of that.
It seems to be a similar scenario as to last season with GWS missing some best 22 players. However, I just heard on SEN that some of their senior players will be potentially returning to strengthen their experience.

This game will be ours if we just bring it to them in the middle and hurt them in the uncontested situations. The wing battles will be a '?' as to where they use their tagger. They might go to Polec.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paraphrasing The acurate one above, Shaw is building a tough uncompromising team and I bloody well love it. Adding Garner means Shaw is revving them up to be really physical this week. He looked very disappointed in the second half against the Suns so I think he will demand a response this week.

I am a big fan of Ahern but he needs to up the intensity, I think he's coasting.

Just on Tom Campbell. He has been a fantastic pick up, he has given it a 100% crack since he got there and has a fantastic attitude. Playing great footy and by all reports a good mentor to Xerri. Maybe coincidence but I think Xerri plays with greater aggression this year.

Great to see Kyron get on the extended, another tough nut Shaw is looking to get in.

I think we will go alright this week.

Campbell is doing well in the 2's, but just like the other almost 22's its going to take a massive drop in form or an injury to get him into the 1's. This week we're replacing higgins so if there isnt a big ol restructure happening he just isnt the (close enough) like for like. Even getting garner or ahern in for missy isnt exactly a like for like, but the restructure wouldnt be as big.

Paraphrasing The acurate one above, Shaw is building a tough uncompromising team and I bloody well love it. Adding Garner means Shaw is revving them up to be really physical this week. He looked very disappointed in the second half against the Suns so I think he will demand a response this week.

I am a big fan of Ahern but he needs to up the intensity, I think he's coasting.

Just on Tom Campbell. He has been a fantastic pick up, he has given it a 100% crack since he got there and has a fantastic attitude. Playing great footy and by all reports a good mentor to Xerri. Maybe coincidence but I think Xerri plays with greater aggression this year.

Great to see Kyron get on the extended, another tough nut Shaw is looking to get in.

I think we will go alright this week.
Thats a great point of campbells mentoring role, it doesnt get him in the side but it undeniably adds to our squad.

I reckon you have nailed it perfectly, although in this enlightened age I admit if I hear that our coach is an advocate of inflicting pain on the opposition I will be mortified!!

This is about best tries and ninth finishes, not hurting your opponent in a contact sport.

I reckon you have nailed it perfectly, although in this enlightened age I admit if I hear that our coach is an advocate of inflicting pain on the opposition I will be mortified!!

This is about best tries and ninth finishes, not hurting your opponent in a contact sport.

* that

Coniglio burns the footy

Josh Kelly is the one to stop

Coniglio wins his own ball, if Hayden could stop him feeding the others it would go along way to winning. Besides, Hayden couldn’t go with Kelly. If we decided to bring someone in to tag Kelly I’d go with Scott. Otherwise Dumont to run with him.

Maybe most talented. Not sure he deserves a game though. Was pretty poor in AFL and hasn't exactly dominated VFL
As the great Brent Crosswell once stated: “Give me a grey day at the Western Oval and I wasn’t worth a cracker, give me 100,000 people at the Melbourne Cricket Ground and I was Hercules”.
while Ahern isn't Crosswell, i honestly believe that there are players out there, that do perform better at a higher level, and they are generally the better skilled players. Ahern picking up less than 25 disposals in the 2s doesn't bother me, I feel it's where he's getting them and how he's using them that is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back