Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garner will come in not Ahern. Deboer wont tag Cunnington, they will have a run with role against Cunnington with Deboer tagging an outside player like Polec.
Polec has been a keen cog under Shaw.

Agree that they may well tag Polec. With Higgins out, they will believe that our midfield immediately becomes very workmanlike if they can also tag Polec out of it. But if we make it into a high pressure scrap, it will not hurt us too much even if Polec has limited influence.

Agree that they may well tag Polec. With Higgins out, they will believe that our midfield immediately becomes very workmanlike if they can also tag Polec out of it. But if we make it into a high pressure scrap, it will not hurt us too much even if Polec has limited influence.
De boer has typically gone to one of the centre clearance mids, so it could easily be Cunnington.

His past scalps ( Oliver / Cripps / Kelly) suggests he will go to the best clearance player.
He tends to get burnt on the outside and he's a solid contested player (DB), so it makes sense.

Second best against Willy is a stretch, we had few winners against them. Richmond was his only complete game for the year.

For his skill level, he should be dominating the vfl each week and he hasn’t been for the most part, not even including the weeks he doesn’t bother to work defensively.

A few posters have got the Ayden Kennedy syndrome in regard to Paul atm. He hasn’t been unfairly treated.

Yeah, coz Ayden tore it up in the seniors against the eventual premiers when given a chance.

Reckon we’re more of a chance of winning down in Hobart than Docklands against GWS
It's a factor sure.

We did however lose to the Swans thirds there only few weeks ago.

TBH we're still a little bit WTF will happen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we’re more of a chance of winning down in Hobart than Docklands against GWS
I view it as 40/60 game in their favor, if I take the North glasses off.
If played at Marvel I'd say 30/70.

It's a factor sure.

We did however lose to the Swans thirds there only few weeks ago.

TBH we're still a little bit WTF will happen?
Sydney are 3 from 3 against us in Hobart.
No other team has a winning record there against us.
I view it as 40/60 game in their favor, if I take the North glasses off.
If played at Marvel I'd say 30/70.
They don’t usually lose two in a row is my only concern. Both of us have had back to back travel but if we got up for Ziebs then maybe we’ll do it for Cunners

Sydney are 3 from 3 against us in Hobart.
No other team has a winning record there against us.

They don’t usually lose two in a row is my only concern. Both of us have had back to back travel but if we got up for Ziebs then maybe we’ll do it for Cunners
My concern is that after three emotional weeks we are due for a letdown, and playing a class side just before the bye, if we only go to sleep for 1 quarter it will be enough to bury us. The scenario I can see happening is a bit of an arm wrestle in the first, then we have the usual crap second quarter and are 5 goals down at half time. Hopefully we finally manage to play well going into the bye, which seems a no brainer - knowing a week off is coming, leave nothing in the tank.

Sunday, June 16
North Melbourne v Greater Western Sydney at Blundstone Arena (Hobart), 3.20pm AEST

NORTH MELBOURNE

In: T.Garner
Out: S.Higgins (AC joint)

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

In: J.Stein, T.Greene, M.Buntine
Out: I.Cumming (head), N.Haynes (ankle), D.Lloyd
New: Jake Stein (Penrith)

My concern is that after three emotional weeks we are due for a letdown, and playing a class side just before the bye, if we only go to sleep for 1 quarter it will be enough to bury us. The scenario I can see happening is a bit of an arm wrestle in the first, then we have the usual crap second quarter and are 5 goals down at half time. Hopefully we finally manage to play well going into the bye, which seems a no brainer - knowing a week off is coming, leave nothing in the tank.

On the plus side, our past three 2nd Quarters have been eminently serviceable.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back