Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Only the 1 change required this week.

Out - Higgins

In - JMac

And I would play JMAc on the wing - a straight replacement for Higgo.

Will be a real mid field test this week and we need our guys all playing well and working hard off the ball.

Tough - but winnable - match.

You would play Jmac on the wing? Well thank * you are not in charge of our team!

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I booed Adam Goodes....
I was happy Brad Scott got sacked.
I didn't think Boomer deserved another year.
I was happy to see the back of Gibson and Petrie.

I still can't believe we swapped John McCarthy for Blakey.

I would keep Wood and trade Dumont, Macmillan, Turner and Goldstein.

You need to realise that no one cares about North but North supporters, are you suggesting I'm not a North supporter?
Agree with most of it, im not a booer and i’d keep goldy for leadership/development purposes for Xerri

Goldy lacks the raw aggression. Zurhaar to put a knee through his back and leave him pissing blood after an early marking contest. That kind of thing.

Tarryn to tackle him in a perfectly legal way that breaks his arm.

giphy.gif

Thats the winning formula isnt it! 78 (?) tackles against the tigers! Pick up ball bang, pick up ball bang! With the way we played against the tigers would beat ANY team!

Not only tackle but the intent of the tackling. This group play best when they are aggressive. Everything else feeds of that.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not only tackle but the intent of the tackling. This group play best when they are aggressive. Everything else feeds of that.
We’ve always known that! Was 2016 we beat the hawks in very similar fashion, we crushed em from the first bounce! Its the only way to play this game is to dominate your opponent physically.. skills become irrelevant if you crush your opponent like a cheeseball!

We have the cattle to do it too

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Just nicked this from the GWS board. Thanks goes to Billy Bob65.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game. If you haven't seen a previous post, this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids (inside + wings) at bounces. As the match was close, instead of an overall 2nd half summary, I'll be providing you with a specific final term summary instead.

Overall Summary - 25 Bounces

Kelly 24 (16i, 8w)
Perryman 20 (19w, 1i)
Taranto 19 (5w)
de Boer 17
Coniglio 14
Tomlinson 13 wing
Hopper 13
Deledio 2 wing
Lloyd 2 wing
Cumming 1 wing

Rucks:
Mumford 22 (O'Brien 24)
Tomlinson 3 (Jenkins 1)

1st Half - 9

Kelly 9 (6i, 3w)
Perryman 8 wing
Taranto 6 (1w)
de Boer 6
Coniglio 6
Tomlinson 5 wing
Hopper 4
Lloyd 1 wing

Mumford 8
Tomlinson 1

Final Term - 9

Kelly 9 (6i, 3w)
Taranto 8 (4i, 4w)
Tomlinson 6 wing
Hopper 6
Perryman 5 (4w, 1i)
de Boer 5
Coniglio 5
Cumming 1 wing

Mumford 8
Tomlinson 1

Notes:
- Fewest rotations for Hopper in analysed games this season - he finished top 2 in Rds 1, 2 & 8
- Most starts and highest finish for Perryman in analysed games. Perryman also had his first inside start in analysed games since Rd 16, 2018
- 2nd highest starts for Coniglio in analysed games this season after Rd 2's 19
- 2nd appearance for Cumming in analysed games; his previous appearance was Rd 9, 2018.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
De Boer will likely sit on Cunners. He's a good tagger too.

Might need Jack in there to counter him this week, whilst Jed Focuses on JK.

Jy, LDU, and possibly Ahern, are going to be very important in picking up the slack this week. In fact, I reckon they're our most important focal point going in to this match. If they can pick up 8-10 clearances between them then we should be right in the match.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
VFL Player stats

AFL-listed

Paul Ahern (21 disposals)
Tom Campbell (21 disposals, 33 hit-outs)
Joel Crocker (21 disposals)
Bailey Scott (17 disposals, 1 goal)
Tom Murphy (16 disposals)
Taylor Garner (12 disposals, 2 goals)
Aaron Hall (12 disposals, 1 goal) - Injured
Nathan Hrovat (12 disposals)
Kyron Hayden (11 disposals)
Lachlan Hosie (9 disposals, 2 goals)
Ben McKay (9 disposals)
Red Og Murphy (6 disposals)
Declan Watson (6 disposals)

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Much prefer to see McKay in the side than Durdin. McKay has a bright future in the game, Durdin doesn’t. McKay is more physical, shows urgency, and can mark the ball with relative frequency. Durdin has none of these capabilities

What game was that in?

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I've just booked my tickets to fly up to Tassie this week. We need to beat The Filth to put the fear of God into the top 8 teams. I dare say, if we can knock the Giants over, it would be Shaw's finest hour as coach of NMFC.

Hope your old bladder is in tip top shape Arfur....male stand alone cubicles down there, expect a queue

Oh wait it’s GWS...you might be okay if 68 of their fans turn up

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Higgins huge loss, BUT... it’s a cracking opportunity for our young midfielders to get some more minutes on the ball.

I for one am really looking forward to seeing LDU, Simpkin, Anderson & Ahern getting a run in the middle.

Silver finger

Senior List
Mar 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We’ve always known that! Was 2016 we beat the hawks in very similar fashion, we crushed em from the first bounce! Its the only way to play this game is to dominate your opponent physically.. skills become irrelevant if you crush your opponent like a cheeseball!

We have the cattle to do it too

You had better take a sedative drug.
I know Brad Scott built up your anger and something unknown for a decade. That's not your fault.

Out Higgin
In Hall with injury

Silver finger

Senior List
Mar 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I booed Adam Goodes....
I was happy Brad Scott got sacked.
I didn't think Boomer deserved another year.
I was happy to see the back of Gibson and Petrie.

I still can't believe we swapped John McCarthy for Blakey.

I would keep Wood and trade Dumont, Macmillan, Turner and Goldstein.

You need to realise that no one cares about North but North supporters, are you suggesting I'm not a North supporter?

I agree w some of your comments.

I booed many annoying players.
I'm extremely happy Brad pissed off.
I don't wanna see Gibson and Petrie any more. But I wanna see Harvey and Harper again.
I still can't believe we picked Durdin, Nelson, Makenzie.
I would keep all of Wood, Dumont, Goldstein. No one wants Macmillan and Turner, so no chance to trade them.
I realise sometimes North supporters don't care about North neither, are you suggesting I'm not watching footy at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back