Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Melbourne Demons (Round 12, Mon 10/06 3:20pm MCG) FREEZE MND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m seeing a few :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: to be unleashed.

Deep breaths deep breaths

Last edited:

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
I quite often keep an eye on collingwood related stuff because my dad is a fan. So I like to read your forums a lot.

Do you ever post anything positive? Literally 95% of your posts are negative
Yes Dave (TradeDraft) is a long time poster and often posts enthusiastically but like any passionate Collingwood supporter he can get a bit down.

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
I quite often keep an eye on collingwood related stuff because my dad is a fan. So I like to read your forums a lot.

TD might post a lot of negative stuff (that is usually backed up with reasoning) and tip against us each week but his heart is in the right place. Never gets any joy out of being negative unlike how some seem to.

Well that is what the IGNORE BUTTON is for

Of Course I post Postive Stuff.

I just call it how I see it

Not that much wrong with what he posted. WHE hasn't exactly burned the house down, was only last week that he did a bit.

probably coming up against Melbournes best side they have fielded all year (typical) so this wont be an easy game like the ladder positioning suggests. Must bounce back!

Hopefully last week have them a Scare so they don't come out Flat again

ColinMochrie

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
My preference would be not to risk Top 2 or Top 4 though.

Top 2 will be tricky to get back now given GWS' form and we're a mere game and percentage from potentially dropping out of the 4.

Can I just point out GWS good form has come from the Suns, Carlton and Melbourne. They were very average before that losing to the hawks and Fremantle.

They are struggling now. They aren't invincible and could easily slip up. As quick as tonight. You keep saying top 2 is gone because we lose one match in the first half of the season. Absolutely wrong.

ColinMochrie

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes, but they didn't did they? That is a fact too

Maybe if Reid could do anything outside of the forward 50 we would have won too. Maybe if that goal was paid we win. Maybe if it rained we win. Maybe if Cox played he injures his ankle in the second quarter, is out for 12 weeks and we lose the match being a man down.

No point playing the maybe game.

ColinMochrie

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mayne is not an AFL standard midfielder, never was and never will be, no matter how hard he tries and what a good bloke he is. Holding our midfield back IMO.

Mayne is a another product of Buck's overly defensive mind set....

Funny because he almost won the grand final for us. Really amazing for someone who isn't afl standard. Some people are just too stubborn to change their opinions. Also was a big influence in our win over the swans.

He is a solid and consistently good player. I don't see him abused anywhere but this forum.

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Funny because he almost won the grand final for us. Really amazing for someone who isn't afl standard. Some people are just too stubborn to change their opinions. Also was a big influence in our win over the swans.

He is a solid and consistently good player. I don't see him abused anywhere but this forum.
Who is being abusive, if anyone has been abusive today it has been those posters supporting Mayne.

Mayne is a solid AFL player, no player plays 150+ games without being solid but AFL standard midfielder, please..

Re-write history if you like and send a memo to the AFL with BF signatures requesting Mayne receive a second Norm-Smith Medal.

Personally, I don't recall any of the 17 disposals Mayne had and won't be signing. There is small minority of BF supporters that might sign who think Mayne's game was Gary Ablett Senior esk.

I stick by my original post, Mayne is no midfielder and is a product of Buck's defensive mindset...

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Dave has autism which can colour how he reads things and phrase his responses.

ColinMochrie

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who is being abusive, if anyone has been abusive today it has been those posters supporting Mayne.

Mayne is a solid AFL player, no player plays 150+ games without being solid but AFL standard midfielder, please..

Re-write history if you like and send a memo to the AFL with BF signatures requesting Mayne receive a second Norm-Smith Medal.

Personally, I don't recall any of the 17 disposals Mayne had and won't be signing. There is small minority of BF supporters that might sign who think Mayne's game was Gary Ablett Senior esk.

I stick by my original post, Mayne is no midfielder and is a product of Buck's defensive mindset...

He was one of our best and laid 14 tackles! He is always showing effort, pressure and has great disposal efficiency which is something this team is often missing.

He has played 200 AFL games. That is bloody AFL standard. It makes no sense to say he isn't AFL standard when he performs average to above average in most games in the AFL.

If he performed well in VFL then just completely embarrassed himself in AFL the comment would make sense. Crocker is a potential example of not up to AFL standard.

He plays a role and plays it well. He isn't about 40 disposals and isn't about kicking bags of goals.

There are other players on this list that could be critisied for performance. Mayne isn't one of them.

What do you hate specifically about his game? Explain what he does wrong. Just opened ended "nah he is s**t because he is s**t" isn't criticism.

I will stick with my opinion of him also and I can never recall being abusive. Everyone is entitled to an opinion (except @CFC2010:p).

In all seriousness I don't get Buck's thinking he is almost one of the first selected.

My biggest concerns are when he is on the wing that he doesn't give us enough nor is he very defensive minded, however when he is put down back and only has one job, he has performed, I will give him that. Thomas also despite what Buckley has stated, doesn't do enough although, he is pretty reliable when kicking for goal.

Maybe we don't see it as others see it but when he has played well, I have said so.

Not sure where the abuse comes from.

Anyway, here's is hoping he proves us both wrong on Monday as I will be happy to take what comes from posters as long as we win.:D

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Mayne is not an AFL standard midfielder, never was and never will be, no matter how hard he tries and what a good bloke he is. Holding our midfield back IMO.

Mayne is a another product of Buck's overly defensive mind set....

I think you need a balance and Mayne offers transition and defensive pressure. I think we need that. If we had our best 22 out there I think he'd narrowly miss. But we rarely do so i'm not surprised he plays most weeks.

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
As a midfielder he is:
Slow
Doesn't extract his own ball.
Isn't able to stand up in a tackle and distribute.
Can't run away from congestion.
Can't keep up with his apponent.
Doesn't have elite disposal or quick midfield mindset.
Is not accountable as a midfielder.
looks for the easy ball in pockets, over laps, etc.
Kicks side ways and generally risk free.

Do I need to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back