Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Melbourne Demons (Round 12, Mon 10/06 3:20pm MCG) FREEZE MND

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the game now has the added interest of us retaking 2nd spot. From that point this game is huge.

This win and the next after the bye can really set the season up and almost stitch up a top 4 spot barring a complete collapse.

Hopefully we can get it done. I just want to see a big win. I have suffered through the cats game, bulldogs and Carlton matches this year.

Can't live through another close one!

Some results have fallen our way this weekend with the Lions Tigers and Giants all losing. Great opportunity to take advantage of that and stay well in the hunt for top two (and top four).

If you keep winning, the results will come and the ladder position will solve for itself.. I can accept the Geelong and West Coast losses but you cant afford to lose many games you are supposed to win (eg the Freo one).

Pies Struggled to beat a team who is 13th, struggled to beat a team sitting 4th last, just beat a team that's sitting last, and will now play a team 3rd last on the ladder with three wins for the year.

Are they a victim of teams playing their absolute best when they come up against the Pies or are the underlying issues with the team midyear?
Have a feeling we'll find out tomorrow. Huge game as always to be honest but this is essential to win.

Pies Struggled to beat a team who is 13th, struggled to beat a team sitting 4th last, just beat a team that's sitting last, and will now play a team 3rd last on the ladder with three wins for the year.

Are they a victim of teams playing their absolute best when they come up against the Pies or are the underlying issues with the team midyear?
Have a feeling we'll find out tomorrow. Huge game as always to be honest but this is essential to win.
A big win will really set up our season. Consolidate our top 4 position and move forward from there.

We are third on the ladder with the third best percentage. Apart from injuries that can’t be underestimated ( especially Langdon and Adams imo) there are no underlying issues that I can see.

Good to see Cox and Sier back. Both were very important last year.

I thought Mayne was one of our best players last week. Fits into our best 22 even with several injury inclusions.

With our best 22 out there, I reckon it's a toss up between Mayne and Phillips on a wing. Sidebottom is the lock on the other wing.

With our best 22 out there, I reckon it's a toss up between Mayne and Phillips on a wing. Sidebottom is the lock on the other wing.

You do know Mayne has also played forward and defense the last two weeks Quicky?

Not many players in our team can be sent to McGovern if needed or be sent to the back line also.

As Bucks said this week.......he is one of the first picked nowadays.

We still have a few “closet” Fonzies I see.

I wouldnt lock Sidebottom on a wing. Hes good there but equally good in other positions.

That's very true. I consider his best position (for the team) to be a winger because he is far better than our other options for the role. Especially when considering the emphasis we place on transition and the need to work well defensively and offensively. Sidebottom provides the best balance of all our options.

That's very true. I consider his best position (for the team) to be a winger because he is far better than our other options for the role. Especially when considering the emphasis we place on transition and the need to work well defensively and offensively. Sidebottom provides the best balance of all our options.
Steele needs to lift.

You do know Mayne has also played forward and defense the last two weeks Quicky?

Not many players in our team can be sent to McGovern if needed or be sent to the back line also.

As Bucks said this week.......he is one of the first picked nowadays.

We still have a few “closet” Fonzies I see.

Closet Fonzies? What's that supposed to mean?

I'm not going to run down Mayne's efforts because he has been a good player and versatile. That is very useful for us.

If we have our full compliment of players I dont think he is in our best 22. Just my opinion. That isn't meant as an insult as I just reckon we have better options.

While I like Maynes efforts in defence I don't think he gets near the back 6 if everyone is fit. Up forward he just isn't dangerous nor clinical enough. There's good reasons why he was reinvented as a winger. As a winger his defensive application and work ethic to transition are great assets. Plus his neat field kick. But he lacks offensively, sometimes falls asleep defensively and does have his limitations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Closet Fonzies? What's that supposed to mean?

I'm not going to run down Mayne's efforts because he has been a good player and versatile. That is very useful for us.

If we have our full compliment of players I dont think he is in our best 22. Just my opinion. That isn't meant as an insult as I just reckon we have better options.

While I like Maynes efforts in defence I don't think he gets near the back 6 if everyone is fit. Up forward he just isn't dangerous nor clinical enough. There's good reasons why he was reinvented as a winger. As a winger his defensive application and work ethic to transition are great assets. Plus his neat field kick. But he lacks offensively, sometimes falls asleep defensively and does have his limitations.

He isn’t getting dropped even if by some miracle we have a full list to pick from.......that is the part some people are not grasping.

He is a smart footballer who understands Bucks game plan and follows it to a T.

He isn’t getting dropped even if by some miracle we have a full list to pick from.......that is the part some people are not grasping.

He is a smart footballer who understands Bucks game plan and follows it to a T.

It's a forum to discuss football. Just because Mayne is unlikely to get dropped by Buckley doesn't mean people can't express an opinion that they think he should. I don't really understand the angst about that.

I can't wait to hear what Gimp does to his membership if Crocker is a late inclusion

Feed it to ponies. Then nuke the ponies re

It's a forum to discuss football. Just because Mayne is unlikely to get dropped by Buckley doesn't mean people can't express an opinion that they think he should. I don't really understand the angst about that.

Not sure my post is construed as displaying angst.

As opposed to Rorzas opinion of Mayne I thought mine is quite balanced.

TV only gives you so much of a players true worth IMO.

Not sure my post is construed as displaying angst.

Closet fonzies?

As opposed to Rorzas opinion of Mayne I thought mine is quite balanced.

And I think my opinions balanced. We all like our own opinions.

TV only gives you so much of a players true worth IMO.

Live vs TV. I'm not sure if you mean it this way but I often find that thrown about to gain a kind of moral high ground with those that don't get the benefit of live footy. Many of the punters who watch footy live still don't really understand whats going on, and not saying thats you. TV offers other benefits from a viewing perspective. I don't need to be at the game live to know Mayne works hard and is important to the game plan and structure for example.

Closet fonzies?

And I think my opinions balanced. We all like our own opinions.

Live vs TV. I'm not sure if you mean it this way but I often find that thrown about to gain a kind of moral high ground with those that don't get the benefit of live footy. Many of the punters who watch footy live still don't really understand whats going on, and not saying thats you. TV offers other benefits from a viewing perspective. I don't need to be at the game live to know Mayne works hard and is important to the game plan and structure for example.

You wouldn’t have Mayne in your best 22 like many here but Bucks will always have him........that’s my point.

So is Bucks wrong in his assessment or value of Mayne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back