Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs Melbourne [OUT: Spud/Basti/KT | IN: THE GENERAL/Mullett/Tripod]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basti stiff, at least he plays the odd good game.

Fancy being so stubborn that you continue to back in frauds to get back to their best which is still s**t.

Nahas and squibson have no business playing AFL.
I know, right! If only Harper had as many touches as Nahas kicked goals last week.

I agree with you on Basti though.

3 good ins

But Gibson survives, so disappointing. God knows how poorly he has to play to get dropped.
Hopfully is sub so we don't have to carry this liability for 4 quarters.

I know, would prefer to see Daw on a wing running around with no idea then watch Gibson kick the ball OOTF every friggen week.

So either:

Out: Hansen In: Warren

Or No Change and take $6k from our $4k bank balance and we are trading insolvent!

Both will cost the same.

And most pay increases aren't paid in a lump sum immediately.

Plus Hansen will definitely play.

Oh, and the circumstances you describe would not constitute trading insolvent.

Because it makes no sense to elevate him and not play him. Thats all I'm going on.

There are clearly reasons for elevating him, it seems like he is being rewarded with a spot going forward.

But frankly, he's not the sort of player that we need to rush into the team, so that doesn't explain the elevating IMO.

Why? If they were going to play him, they would have included him tonight.

Reading between the lines from the emergency list they are worried about one of the forwards. They won't make 4 changes as teams that make 4 changes or more usually lose. I'm tipping he'll play unless one of the forwards is a late out.

Thanks Tas.

So the point is, he wasn't ultimately picked after being elevated and there's no guarantee that he will be in the next few weeks. If he isn't, then we have pissed away $6,170 on a strategic genius move that will have upset Melbourne's game preparations for around half a nano-second.

I hope the match committee, and in particular, the coach are prepared to reimburse the club for this unnecessary expense.

You have to elevate them for them to be available. I guess there is a risk he wont be used but that amount of money would be 0.0617% of our salary cap and the AFL distribution directly goes towards us paying the salary cap, we received future fund payment on the assumption we would raise our TPP to the cap so one way or another, we have to spend that money.

The reality is senior players would have a much higher base salary component for games played, with players like Wells, Grima, Adams, McMahon playing zilch and Dal Santo missing half a season I think we are probably under budget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is starting to make me laugh a lot... Warren is the one of the emergancies. He could not be an emergency unless he was elevated. Why is there people wasting their time peaking out over this?

This is starting to make me laugh a lot... Warren is the one of the emergancies. He could not be an emergency unless he was elevated. Why is there people wasting their time peaking out over this?

Because the club is supported by idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back