Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Melbourne (R21, Sat 10/08 1:45pm MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN: DeGoey?
OUT: Cox?

Depends on injury of course.

I'm surprised this game didn't end up on the Friday night on the AFL's assumption that we could both be pushing for a top 4 position. Maybe they knew something after all?
Traditional Saturday arvo time slot 👌

IN: DeGoey?
OUT: Cox?

Depends on injury of course.

I'm surprised this game didn't end up on the Friday night on the AFL's assumption that we could both be pushing for a top 4 position. Maybe they knew something after all?

They pass around the Friday night games. They don't aim for it to be the best game.

Only change if someone better becomes available.

What happened to Cox?

No change if he is right, although I'd love to get Noble in there. Would typically be expense of Daicos, but he bought himself another week with the good game.

How bad was the injury to Cox, and how heavy was the hit to Mayne? Other than those two, only Thomas looked like he needed to be replaced urgently. If De Goey isnt available, its forced changes only.

Will see how those two come up first.

How bad was the injury to Cox, and how heavy was the hit to Mayne? Other than those two, only Thomas looked like he needed to be replaced urgently. If De Goey isnt available, its forced changes only.

Will see how those two come up first.

It looked like Mayne was hurt, he landed very awkwardly, but I think he brushed it off and was just winded.

An eye injury hopefully it's just a poke and Cox will be fine. Nobody seemed concerned about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos and Mayne were probably the 2 I would be most keen to replace based on today. Thomas wasn't far off having a decent day, IMO.
Thomas is such a tough one. I love him in the side and think our front half functions better with him playing rather than not, but I understand why he's a bit of an easy target. He's clearly better than Daicos. If our midfield works, we don't necessarily need Varcoe because we just appear quicker; but Varcoe adds something if we look a bit slow. Callum Brown appears to offer more versatility but is still a little raw at times. I think Elliott has had the biggest impact on Thomas' output just because of positioning and patterns.

I hope he stays in the side for the rest of the season because he links really well with whomever, and I think this is such an underrated aspect of our we function. He's clean and facilitates speed with and without the ball for the rest of the front half. Being captain obvious, he just needs to hit the scoreboard more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back