Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

**** pick 1. We don't want or need to be Melbourne or Carlton. I have us winning 3 more games, and anyone even considering us not giving 100% for the rest of the season can go support someone else. We're the North Melbourne football club, and that ****ing means something.

Most sensible thing I have read on this board in a long time.

**** pick 1. We don't want or need to be Melbourne or Carlton. I have us winning 3 more games, and anyone even considering us not giving 100% for the rest of the season can go support someone else. We're the North Melbourne football club, and that ****ing means something.
I absolutely want to lose this game, and I also refuse to go support someone else.

Sod all difference between pick 1 and pick 3
Ingraining a good culture on the kids running out on Saturday is much more important. We need to go full noise to win this
Could not disagree more! This is a clear 2 player (elite) draft. The one pick in the PSD is crazy big leverage in bringing in Kelly and or Martin.

Could not disagree more! This is a clear 2 player (elite) draft. The one pick in the PSD is crazy big leverage in bringing in Kelly and or Martin.
I don't care Phillyroo. you play to win the game. period
As soon as you start choosing where you want to finish on the table, its a downhill slippery slope

Carlton and Melbourne did it and its done F*** all good for them

I don't care Phillyroo. you play to win the game. period
As soon as you start choosing where you want to finish on the table, its a downhill slippery slope

Carlton and Melbourne did it and its done F*** all good for them
I'm not saying don't try... just be extra cautious with "injured" players. Tarrant and Jack at least another week off, get operations into any players that will require off season ops now. Play every untried player on our list. Players in new positions.

We will start underdogs in every game remaining this year anyway, in some games gross outsiders. The only 2 games that are winnable are the Collingwood and Brisbane games. I hope we get close, our youngsters show a heap.... but we just fall short.

I'm not saying don't try... just be extra cautious with "injured" players. Tarrant and Jack at least another week off, get operations into any players that will require off season ops now. Play every untried player on our list. Players in new positions.

We will start underdogs in every game remaining this year anyway, in some games gross outsiders. The only 2 games that are winnable are the Collingwood and Brisbane games. I hope we get close, our youngsters show a heap.... but we just fall short.

Hmmmmm I dunno,I'd like to see these young kids "sing the song" at least once this year,it'd be terrific for morale. If we don't win one then some of these guys will have played double figure losses with no wins.

Hmmmmm I dunno,I'd like to see these young kids "sing the song" at least once this year,it'd be terrific for morale. If we don't win one then some of these guys will have played double figure losses with no wins.
And when they win multiple premierships alongside elite players like Kelly, Martin, Rayner, Simpkin, Ahern, Thomas (Tarryn), Scott, Blakey, Crocker... it will be a distant memory.
Trust
The
Process

Look folks.

TIME OUT!

Our season is done, in relation to the primary goal of AFL football, so we have sent players off for surgery early and we are testing our list in relation to the "aggressive reset".

Despite what anyone thinks would be a better tactical outcome, and despite the hystrical fear in the media, the players are 100% committed to winning matches. If there is anything approaching "tanking" going on at the club, then it is at the selection table, however, can anyone honestly claim that there are players in the seconds kicking the door off its hinges to demand a spot in the seniors? No.

So, despite what anyone "wishes" the side will go out this week and give a 100% effort to beat Melbourne.

Look folks.

TIME OUT!

Our season is done, in relation to the primary goal of AFL football, so we have sent players off for surgery early and we are testing our list in relation to the "aggressive reset".

Despite what anyone thinks would be a better tactical outcome, and despite the hystrical fear in the media, the players are 100% committed to winning matches. If there is anything approaching "tanking" going on at the club, then it is at the selection table, however, can anyone honestly claim that there are players in the seconds kicking the door off its hinges to demand a spot in the seniors? No.

So, despite what anyone "wishes" the side will go out this week and give a 100% effort to beat Melbourne.
And hopefully get pipped by less than 10 points in a brave exciting performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it has become a strange situation, never wanting North to lose but now wanting to finish low on the ladder for obvious reasons.
so lets hope all of the Dees injured players get up for this game.
lets hope North pick a team with both eyes on the future

In: Anderson, Fordham, Taylor
Out: Cunnington (managed), Thompson (structure), Brown (General soreness)

FB: Waite, Gibson, Hrovat
HB: Higgins, Nielson, Garner
C: Mullet, Fordham, Simpkin
HF: Anderson, Dumont, Swallow
FF: McDonald, Durdin, Williams
Fol: Daw, Zurhar, Mountford
Int: Taylor, Atley, Larkey, Clarke

;)

FF: McDonald, Durdin, Williams
Int: Taylor, Atley, Larkey, Clarke

;)
Cunners looks sore, a fishing holiday would freshen him right up.

And hopefully get pipped by less than 10 points in a brave exciting performance.
Easily done naturally under Scott, good at just going through motions (2016 & 2017) both on-field and off-field, is not a winning type of coach, which is why we need a new coach of the Sheedy type.

Easily done naturally under Scott, good at just going through motions (2016 & 2017) both on-field and off-field, is not a winning type of coach, which is why we need a new coach of the Sheedy type.
Hahahahahahaha, brilliant. A sheedy type.

I absolutely want to lose this game, and I also refuse to go support someone else.
North has to do what is required for the future, as exampled by not keeping 'The fab 4', if North is serious about the future, they cannot be half-hearted about it, action is by far better than words or hope, they need to do what is required to achieve....even if means or requires tanking. They have to choose between tough or soft. Short-term success does not equate to long-term gain. In the words of Barry Gibb many years ago....'One hit does not make you a success'.

FF: McKay, Durdin, Williams
Int: Taylor, Watson, Larkey, Clarke

;)

Not far enough.

Also out: Atley (neighbours 12th birthday party), LMac ( haircut)

In: Watson, McKay

Team updated :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back