Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. North Melbourne (R15, Sat 29/06 7:25pm MRVL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a time and a place for it. When there is a target in the clear, it can be great. The issue is that Varcoe does too many blind knock ons. When you're a stoppage team like us it should not be done. I personally think it is because he doesn't trust his ball handling.

Likes to dish ferocious tackles, doesn't like to take them? Maybe he doesn't back himself to get away.

Word around our campfire is we're going to debut a 1st game midfield tagger.

Kyron Hayden.
Let’s introduce him to Mr De Goey.
That would be a nice how do you do for your career starter.

Likes to dish ferocious tackles, doesn't like to take them? Maybe he doesn't back himself to get away.
The thing is he doesn't need to get away. Without seeing any stats, I'm pretty confident that we're one of the best clubs in terms of scoring from forward line stoppages.

Let's just all prepare ourselves for the potential of:

3604008_fpx.tif

O'

images

I'll be in Melbourne this weekend. Checking out New Japan Pro Wrestling at Festival Hall on Saturday night, so won't make it to the AFL side's game. I was thinking of heading across to the VFL at Vic Park in the afternoon though, but the weather forecast looks a bit grim (certain rain). Is there cover at the remodeled Vic Park? I haven't been there before, and (as soft as it sounds) don't particularly feel like standing in the rain.

Heaps of cover. Vic Park is not so much remodelled as...um...cleaned up. But plenty of seats under cover in two of the old stands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos looked very fit when I last saw him, covering a lot of ground from the wing and a lot of sprinting, interested to see what role he plays.

Was hoping for Scharenberg but oh well, Daicos has paid his dues more all season.

I’d suggest quite strongly we are pretty much running out of potential emergencies to positional need.

Hence Scharenberg, Brown T and these days Lynch.

If there is a late out, assuming not a tall, Crocker will get his attack on crocs or clocks.

I like how we match-up with North around the ground. If we keep Cunnington accountable they don’t have much left in the midfield without Higgins. Our backline stacks up well too, only forward I’m concerned about is Zurhaar. Roughy & Moore can do the job on Brown & Wood. They seem a little short down back so I’d like to see how we go with the 3 tall forward set-up. I think it will work well this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back