Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. North Melbourne (R15, Sat 29/06 7:25pm MRVL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't dropping reid on that performance. Bucks said he was the only one of the talls who stood up, and was the best amongst them. They will trial this experiment a bit longer.
It's either continue the experiment or drop one of Cox or Mihocek based on Bucks' comments.

Sharenberg in for Howe
Adams (is he ready?) in for one of Thomas or Varcoe

B - Maynard Roughead Greenwood
HB - Sharenberg Moore Crisp
C - Phillips Pendlebury Treloar
HF - WHE Mihochek Sidebottom
F - DeGoey Reid Thomas/Varcoe
R - Grundy Sier Adams
INT - Cox Aish Brown Mayne
I think we'll see Elliott before we see Adams.

Sharenberg in for Howe
Adams (is he ready?) in for one of Thomas or Varcoe

B - Maynard Roughead Greenwood
HB - Sharenberg Moore Crisp
C - Phillips Pendlebury Treloar
HF - WHE Mihochek Sidebottom
F - DeGoey Reid Thomas/Varcoe
R - Grundy Sier Adams
INT - Cox Aish Brown Mayne
Adams not ready yet. Hopefully he can train fully this week, but friday he was unable to.

To the VFL watchers, how did Appleby go? Wouldn’t be against Appleby getting a run.

We need to insert a defence first-player into the midfield. We are leaking too many goals since the absence of Langdon.

To the VFL watchers, how did Appleby go? Wouldn’t be against Appleby getting a run.

We need to insert a defence first-player into the midfield. We are leaking too many goals since the absence of Langdon.
7 disposals 1 Mark 1 tackle. Not a performance you’d be called in to the senior squad for. We’ve lost two of our best intercept markers in Howe and Langdon, Scharenberg is the most logical replacement. 16 marks and 30+ disposals is a performance that says he’s ready.

There's only one MM re.. and now there's only one MMM.. you know who that is re..

Magden Membership Microwave.

If he gets picked.. you know what's going on max microwave power re..

I have f had it man.. that's it for me man.
Dear Gimpy

The microwave is only for Richmond memberships or to warm up toast if you get gastro.

Sincerley

SV

Talking about how cold it was yesterday, I was convinced someone accidentally left the air-con on for the game.
Really was cold.

Its a cold stadium.

It was very cold there.
We worked out it's the breeze off the water - must sit on the other side this week!
It's poorly lit and that contributes to the feeling as well.

That or try to avoid the bay/aisle directly in front of an entrance gate. The wind just funnels straight through those areas, irrespective of which side of the ground you’re on. It’s an awful stadium full stop.

Had 15 possessions playing as a small forward, managed the 2nd highest tackle numbers for the team with 7 which is 1 shy of the combined tackles of the other 5 forwards, and a career high 33 pressure acts. The only thing he didn't do was hit the scoreboard. Not sure that qualifies as "insipid". Maybe it's more about what supporters want to see than whether or not he's playing his role.
His work at the stoppages is really good in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s no chance JT gets dropped before Varcoe.

Varcoe’s first half was up there with the worst I have seen.
He was infuriating.

play either reid or miacheck down back to cover for howe

Think Reid's backline days are over. Wouldn't mind persisting with 3 forward talls, Reid's ruck work can keep Cox as a permanent deep forward also which can be a handful for the opposition.
Scharenberg straight swap for Howe is my preference.

Roughead > Brown
Moore > Larkey
Schaz > Wood
Maynard > Thomas/Simpkin
Aish > Zurhaar
Crisp > Garner

All their 'smalls' are like 187cm+, I dont see too many issues though Howe and Langdon would be handy with their extra height. Zurhaar has been in good form so put Aish on him in a super tight lock down role.

Talking about how cold it was yesterday, I was convinced someone accidentally left the air-con on for the game.

During the game the temperature dropped to 6.5 degrees with a feel like temp of 4.5 degrees. It was cold everywhere but that place blocks out any sun warmth and the concrete gets cold. Need a ski jacket in there on a winter's day.

If we want to keep Reid in then send Brodie back in place of Howe and bring Daicos in. Rather keep the same structure that has got us this far, than playing three talls, especially against teams with quick movement of the ball.

Scharenberg is beating the door down and is an upgrade on Howe.
He is only three games back playing, rather he have one or two more games at that level of play first, just to make sure he is right to go.
Not sure he is an upgrade on Howe to be honest

Are you sure it was Harvey? I swear I saw him in the coaches box.
I think Dave was referring to them at the Reserves game.
Harvey was certainly in the coaches box for the seniors, next to or near Buckley.

For the seniors Hine was with Guy watching the game on the third tier.

That’s the logistics for yesterday.

Thompson > Mihocek (even though Checkers killed him last time for memory)
Tarrant > Reid
Durdin > Cox
Marley > JT
McDonald > De Goey (??? good luck I guess)
Atley > Varcoe
You reckon they’ll put their weakest KPP on Cox?

Really was cold.

Its a cold stadium.

It wasn’t cold around section 14 lowest level. I think it depends on whether there is a stadium exit in the vicinity of your seat. For what it’s worth I reckon it’s a mighty stadium to watch footy. You can hear the players’ voices on the field and the smack of them hitting each other. The action also seems shared equally on both wings whereas at the MCG it seems 75%+ on the MCC side. What concerned me; for the first time in my living memory, was the roar from the Bulldogs supporters seemed significantly louder than our mob.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back