Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs St Kilda - Firrito in, Mullett out

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah you would think McKenzie is done at our club

BMac is a1st rnd draft pick,is 21 and is hopefully learning and improving

plenty of players have played a lot of games in the 2nds and gone on to have good careers

Wood and Dumont in same boat

continuing to play firrito gibbo and nahas will be proved wrong or right over the next few weeks
maybe the team is too old
but no one really knows

This game has DANGER written all over it!

We drop this and we're cooked. The comp is too even and sides around us have some pretty easy games coming up.

I'm as toey as KD Lang in a fish market..

Last edited:
This game has DANGER written all over it!

We drop this and we're cooked. The comp is too even and sides around our us have some pretty easy games coming up.

I'm as toey as KD Lang in a fish market..
True - but every game has danger written all over it if you are a NMFC supporter.

True - but every game has danger written all over it if you are a NMFC supporter.
Hence the reason our family has top cover medical insurance, my ticker can't keep up.

Come to think of it it's a wonder medical funds don't have a section asking if you're a Nth supporter on their application forms.. following this club must cost the medical industry millions..

seriously youguys saying drop nahas bring in harper are tripping obvously nahas is doing the thing needed and he kicks goals harper hasnt had breakout games in vfl like nahas did i like harper but he gotta show what he can do before taking nahas spot same goes for turner
Fortunately for us, the team isn't picked by BF posters. I remember watching Nahas at Port Melbourne, he was a little ball tearer. I think clubs were put off because of his size, but they were put off for the same reason about Harvey, not to make a comparison, obviously. If we could manage to win the ball in the middle more often than not, Nahas would be a positive because I've noticed when it happens, his energy and unpredictability worries opposition defences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fortunately for us, the team isn't picked by BF posters. I remember watching Nahas at Port Melbourne, he was a little ball tearer. I think clubs were put off because of his size, but they were put off for the same reason about Harvey, not to make a comparison, obviously. If we could manage to win the ball in the middle more often than not, Nahas would be a positive because I've noticed when it happens, his energy and unpredictability worries opposition defences.

Yeah good point, i'd much rather a stubborn, belligerent man picking a team to save his coaching career over a bunch of people who have spent their entire lives supporting the club emotionally and financially.

This attitude is so wrong.

This is Dads army bullshit, even if we win a final with this side is makes no difference to our future chances of winning a final and/or a flag.

Nahas & Gibbo, why?
4 tall defenders, why?
No rest for injured players in Higgo, Swallow and Brown, Why?
Not playing kids in form, in Wood, BMac, Dumont, Harper, (Black)

Yeah...let's back in the turkeys that have had 6 years to take us where exactly?

Yeah good point, i'd much rather a stubborn, belligerent man picking a team to save his coaching career over a bunch of people who have spent their entire lives supporting the club emotionally and financially.

This is Dads army bullshit, even if we win a final with this side is makes no difference to our future chances of winning a final and/or a flag.

Nahas & Gibbo, why?
4 tall defenders, why?

Yeah...let's back in the turkeys that have had 6 years to take us where exactly?

don't see what's wrong with nahas, great pressure and unpredictability.

4 tall defenders? tarrant, hansen and...thompson? he's only 193, that's a utility...no idea who your other tall is...wright?

no rest because it's a must win game.

other than taking gibson out i don't see why you'd start dropping players in a winning team.....and harper and black aren't in form players.

team is very different to the one six years ago....

BMac is a1st rnd draft pick,is 21 and is hopefully learning and improving

plenty of players have played a lot of games in the 2nds and gone on to have good careers

Wood and Dumont in same boat

continuing to play firrito gibbo and nahas will be proved wrong or right over the next few weeks
maybe the team is too old
but no one really knows
Reggie, for a weird little dude[1] you're an astute poster.

[1] Obviously I actually have no idea, but I'm going with my mental picture here.

Nahas & Gibbo, why?
4 tall defenders, why?

Isn't the best chance of us winning a potential future flag to win as many games as possible now hopefully win some finals which will keep our membership and sponsorship numbers good and encourage more free agents like Dal Santo, Waite and Higgins to get on board. Therefore I think we should pick the best side every week regardless of someones age.

How many good free agents have gone to sides near the bottom of the ladder?

None of this refutes the point being made in the post you replied to.
Wasn't trying to refute, just highlighting the teams we play especially dockers and dogs, they are games we will need to play very well in to win but given Ross the boss has rested players previously and the trip after playing in the west is always a tough one to win which it will be for the dogs..

true mist people in here want pick people cause potenial not if players can play there roles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back