Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Sydney Swans (Round 10, Fri 24/05 7:50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickering said on radio yesterday his ankle was black when he saw him before the Saints game. I think for most of his career we will need to accept that he will be very conseravtive. Whilst some can and do play at 80% Moore seems to be one that likes to be much closer to 100% than that.

Have to play Buddy the same way we play Dusty. Reckon Howe plays him on the lead and Roughead can take him if he's sitting inside 50.

Either way, hopefully Buddy doesn't play!

Don't want Roughhead on him inside 50. Buddy is dangerous in a one out marking contest, which Roughy could handle, but his biggest threat is his agility and recovery when the ball hits the ground. Buddy would eat him alive at the fall of the ball.

It's actually a shame Kelly had the preseason injury issues. If he'd had a full pre-season and played every VFL game, Friday night a potential matchup on Blakey might have worked. It's likely something we'll see a lot in their futures.

With JDG now definitely returning, could we see Mihocek released to defense? Or will we see Goldsack or Madgen promoted?

Out: Langdon, Varcoe, Wills

In: Goldsack, De Goey, ???

Would love for Sier to come into the side, not sure if he's done enough work through the VFL though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Brown?!? WTF are people thinking?

A young, energetic player who can kick opportunistic goals, apply tackle pressure and dance through traffic?

Sure, let's bring in Wells who can kick but will last half a match and move like Yertle the Turtle.

Sigh - if Buddy's back in and Moore isn't we're in for a long night I think.

As the SCG is a shithole, I had the feeling the club wouldnt bother playing Moore this week. Hopefully back in next week and nothing tooserious with his ankle injury, it is slightly concerning though.

This is hardly the Buddy of old and I'd back our defence to work him over if in fact he does play. Reidy stays forward for mine, so maybe we see Goldy come in given Langdon is out.

We must kill this game early and not get stuck in to a s**t fight as the Swans love it. Lowering the eyes going inside 50 will be key, so looking for big ones from JDG, WHE and Stevo.

Confident we get the job done by 6-7 goals.

Moneybags needs to come in. Just has too.

Maybe apples for Langdon?

Not yet certain he'll return to the VFL from injury this week.

In reference to people throwing up Goldsack's name - and while I do openly acknowledge stats can be deceiving - I think it's worth pointing out that he has played forward in the VFL the entire season and has had a grand total of 21 disposals in his last four matches and has booted only four goals in that time. It could tell us quite simply he isn't a forward, and if so it begs the question why we're persisting with it, but I find it hard to fathom they'd bring him in to play a role down back when he hasn't played there all year. That said, if they do go that way he'll have my full support as will the other 21 players.

More than happy for them to unleash IQ.

With Aish and Greenwood already in the defensive group I'm not sure there's a matchup for him, especially if Buddy returns adding further height to the forward group. Wouldn't expect to see any more than 2 of Papley, Parker, Haywood, Rowbottom, Heeney, Dawson or Fox forward too often over the course of the game and when we do it'd be to cover the rotations of the taller guys which in turn frees up Crispy to take 1.

Out: Brown?!? WTF are people thinking?

A young, energetic player who can kick opportunistic goals, apply tackle pressure and dance through traffic?

Sure, let's bring in Wells who can kick but will last half a match and move like Yertle the Turtle.

No shock there ?????

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In reference to people throwing up Goldsack's name - and while I do openly acknowledge stats can be deceiving - I think it's worth pointing out that he has played forward in the VFL the entire season and has had a grand total of 21 disposals in his last four matches and has booted only four goals in that time. It could tell us quite simply he isn't a forward, and if so it begs the question why we're persisting with it, but I find it hard to fathom they'd bring him in to play a role down back when he hasn't played there all year. That said, if they do go that way he'll have my full support as will the other 21 players.
He's always been a crap forward, even in his prime so I'm ignoring his VFL form.

Having not played in defence this year I believe would not make one iota of difference to him as he's played defence his whole career pretty much and his discipline and technique are natural to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back