Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Sydney Swans (Round 10, Fri 24/05 7:50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So back to the drawing board.

Goldsack and Daicos in for Langdon and Varcoe?

Or move Mayne to defence and bring Crocker in on the wing?

De Goey reported soreness in the afternoon. After he completed training and after the press conference. So no, Bucks was not full of it.

Tom Browne only mentioning the Joe Daniher story on twitter so the De Goey mention may just be guesswork. The Langdon one is definitely a guess.

P.S l am sick of our injuries. Year after Year, it doesn't rain, it pours with us. Adams, DeGoey, Moore, Langdon, Elliott, Cox, Dunn etc etc.....Can we have just one season, when we have minimal injuries!!!

Still better then Last Year

The hand wringing over injuries in this thread is getting to hysterical levels. Sydney are a ******* rabble, they barely got over North last week. Yeah, we have injuries, but we covered them last week just fine, we’ll cover them this week too. Worst case scenario is that JDG isn’t right, which means we bring in one of Wells or Daicos for Varcoe, and probably Quaynor or Goldsack for Langdon. Not ideal, but we still should have well and truly enough quality on the park to win this game, with 2-3 players due to return in the next week or two. People need to calm the * down.

I’m not against giving JDG another week off either if he is indeed sore.

I’m actually quite happy Cox isn’t ready to resume because I want to see Reid again and I don’t want to see 3 talls in the same side as Carlton are doing.

The hand wringing over injuries in this thread is getting to hysterical levels. Sydney are a ******* rabble, they barely got over North last week. Yeah, we have injuries, but we covered them last week just fine, we’ll cover them this week too. Worst case scenario is that JDG isn’t right, which means we bring in one of Wells or Daicos for Varcoe, and probably Quaynor or Goldsack for Langdon. Not ideal, but we still should have well and truly enough quality on the park to win this game, with 2-3 players due to return in the next week or two. People need to calm the **** down.
Bro you are taking way to much sense right now, stop it.

Tom Brown does lots of guessing lol No way is Langdon season ending. And De Goey looked good this morning. I guess we'll see tomorrow whether he flies to Sydney.
They’re talking about surgery being a possibility for Langdon. Say what you will about Browne, but his injury info is generally a lot better than his trade info. He reported a week ago that Devon Smith would likely need surgery on his knee for his latest injury, and that they would repair his pre-existing PCL injury at the same, which would put him out for the year. Sure enough, a week later the bombers put out a statement saying exactly that.

They’re talking about surgery being a possibility for Langdon. Say what you will about Browne, but his injury info is generally a lot better than his trade info. He reported a week ago that Devon Smith would likely need surgery on his knee for his latest injury, and that they would repair his pre-existing PCL injury at the same, which would put him out for the year. Sure enough, a week later the bombers put out a statement saying exactly that.
Oh, I'm not questioning the surgery aspect. Even Bucks has mentioned that as a possibility they are looking into.

Tom Brown does lots of guessing lol No way is Langdon season ending. And De Goey looked good this morning. I guess we'll see tomorrow whether he flies to Sydney.

Im expecting JDG to be selected tomorrow, but like last week, he will be given up until the last minute to prove his fitness. Be interesting to see which carry over player/s we fly up to Sydney. Im tipping Goldsack and Sier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, I'm not questioning the surgery aspect. Even Bucks has mentioned that as a possibility they are looking into.
Yeah, my point was that he was bang on regarding Smith’s timeline a week before Essendon was willing to admit it was that serious. Don’t discount his injury info so easily imo.

The hand wringing over injuries in this thread is getting to hysterical levels. Sydney are a ******* rabble, they barely got over North last week. Yeah, we have injuries, but we covered them last week just fine, we’ll cover them this week too. Worst case scenario is that JDG isn’t right, which means we bring in one of Wells or Daicos for Varcoe, and probably Quaynor or Goldsack for Langdon. Not ideal, but we still should have well and truly enough quality on the park to win this game, with 2-3 players due to return in the next week or two. People need to calm the **** down.

They won't be a rabble on Friday night with Franklin, Kennedy and Jack, they are expecting back. I think just Franklin makes them a 3 to 4 goal better side.

He had a bad week on Membrey but it’s the clear match up to me, Reid or Roughead don’t have the speed
And Howe does? He got beaten on lead quite easily by Membrey a few times.

With Langdon now joining Moore, Appleby, Murphy and Scharenberg on the unavailable list our defensive depth is looking vulnerable for the first time this season.

I wonder if Goldsack is still in our thinking after he's spent most of the year playing forward in the VFL.

What is so wrong with Mihicek going back?
Weakens our forward line and our defence, given the lack of familiarity.

Better to bring in a Goldsack and have a weaker defence but keep the forward line intact. I'd also back Goldscak to be a better AFL defender than Mihocek with the difference in experience.

Our injury list is so bloody long again, but we have 9 scheduled to return in the next week. We just need to go over the line this week...

They will be far more formidable with their ins, we need to be switched on. Find a way, Pies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back