Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Sydney Swans (Round 10, Fri 24/05 7:50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only that but it was the game Moore went off and he was forced to cover. This time he'll know he has the job and will have studied a lot more vision, etc.
Plus, I don't think the club expects him completely nullify Franklin. His role would be to make him accountable and limit his influence as much as possible.

There are lot of "ifs" for this to eventuate though.

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

For what it's worth, if Franklin plays and Madgen lines up on him, it'll be interesting to see how far Madgen has come in twelve or so months. He was very raw and wasn't ready for the level whatsoever.
Interesting, yes, but from my dual position of ignorance and wishful thinking, I can't see how Franklin plays. He is coming off a hammy and from all reports did zero running at training yesterday. Now, we know that Buddy did virtually no training last year, but that was coping with some sort of groin complaint. Surely you want someone with a hammy injury to have at least get a few accelerations in before picking him? But this is Buddy, so normal rules may not apply.

Either way, Sydney have been genuinely atrocious this year. We should destroy them with or without Buddy. But please don't play Buddy.

What might also be interesting is selection over the coming weeks if we continue to go ok, and the resultant selection challenges.

I am not publicly bagging Magden again after doing it rather loudly at the Qualifying Final in Perth last year and realising he was sitting in the row behind me.

After that bake I'm sure he's keen to redeem himself in my eyes - so I back him in fully tomorrow night.
This would be even better if the bake you were giving him was directed at a player on the ground you thought was Madgen.

Interesting, yes, but from my dual position of ignorance and wishful thinking, I can't see how Franklin plays. He is coming off a hammy and from all reports did zero running at training yesterday. Now, we know that Buddy did virtually no training last year, but that was coping with some sort of groin complaint. Surely you want someone with a hammy injury to have at least get a few accelerations in before picking him? But this is Buddy, so normal rules may not apply.

Either way, Sydney have been genuinely atrocious this year. We should destroy them with or without Buddy. But please don't play Buddy.

What might also be interesting is selection over the coming weeks if we continue to go ok, and the resultant selection challenges.

If it wasn’t Buddy or us this week he’d be no chance. With those factors in play he’s almost certain to be included...

I am not publicly bagging Magden again after doing it rather loudly at the Qualifying Final in Perth last year and realising he was sitting in the row behind me.

After that bake I'm sure he's keen to redeem himself in my eyes - so I back him in fully tomorrow night.
Oh jeez, what did you say? And did he say or do anything?

Oh jeez, what did you say? And did he say or do anything?

Y'know, after the 3rd beer in the 2nd Quarter you become less inhibited and give more "truthful" appraisals of a player's ability to stop their player. You can imagine my honesty, especially at that stage of the match, when I said I was glad he wasn't out there.

He didn't give me any deadly stares but I did get a nudge in the rib from the guys directly behind me. Felt like a loudmouth fool (which I was at the time)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mate texted me to say he put $100 on Sydney to win between 41-50 points (@ $21). He thinks this game has all the similarities of the WB v Rich game. The Tigers expected to win, despite a number injuries, but the Dogs took advantage of that, and blew them off the park. Hoping he is wrong!!

Your mate is an idiot. When did the Bulldogs turn into the Swans??

Paige Cardona 🦊 🏉 paigecardona 11 minutes ago

So, at Sydney airport this afternoon, I saw that Jack Madgen was on the flight. Likely inclusion? I reckon so.. #GoPies

Look, I know I’m supposed to be professional and not take selfies with the players, but couldn’t help it when I bumped into @brodiegrundy at Sydney airport. Go well tomorrow night legend! #GoPies :D

Attachments

• D7OChLvUIAE9Zl3.jpg
    D7OChLvUIAE9Zl3.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 68
I’d prefer Madge from Neighbours come in than Madgen. FMD

View attachment 678859
Considering she’s 76 these days, perhaps not

Does remind me, one time on world of sport (back in the day) there was some very nice picture of a lady shown about something or other...

I think it was Lou who said “she’d be good off a half back flank....”

(back in the day when such things were said)

Oh boy, quality is flying off the board.

Greenwood Roughead Crisp
Maynard Madgen Howe Aish

Grundy Treloar Pendlebury Beams
Mayne Phillips Sidebottom Brown

Crocker Stephenson Hoskin
Mihocek Reid Wells Thomas

Emer:
Quaynor Wills Sier Daicos

Top 22 Unavailable:
De Goey Adams Langdon Moore Elliott Cox Varcoe Scharenberg Dunn

Boy, can you whinge or what? You finally get your wish with Langdon out and instead of enjoying your wish coming true you're straight into bagging a possible replacement.:)

If you’re rapt at Madgen in, then you must be trolling too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back