Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Sydney Swans (Round 10, Fri 24/05 7:50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I'm basing this on those games and his current performance

Would you like me to look up a U12's game and judge him on that?
So who are you suggesting should have been picked?

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Or there aren't too many alternatives....

Collingwood VFL side:
B: 64. C. Lane, 47. M. Keane, 51. L. Tardrew
HB: 27. W. Kelly, 59. S. Glover, 35. I. Quaynor
C: 39. B. Crocker, 53. J. Hellier, 54. A. Gallucci
HF: 26. J. Daicos, 57. S. Ralph, 63. C. Wellings
F: 40. A. Bosenavulagi, 6. T. Goldsack, 29. T. Broomhead
R: 65. L. Howe, 56. C. Hustwaite, 36. B. Sier
Int: 58. T. Cameron, 52. E. Le Grice, 45. M. Lynch, 73. A. Oxley, 43. A. Tohill, 50. A. Woodward, 69. A. Zimmerman
23P: 75. P. Marks

Jeez that's a terrible VFL side

Jeez that's a terrible VFL side

Not pretty. Having only 11 of 25 possible senior and rookie listed players available certainly doesn't help.

And isn't it great to have a whipping boy again LOL?!
You really need to learn the meaning of that term. Wills is not a whipping boy, he’s not even best 22. He played a serviceable game against StKilda, but let’s not pretend that he set the world on fire, or that he would be considered to play in the seniors if JDG or Adams were fit. Are you related to Wills or something? You seem to be taking extraordinary exception to a relatively tame criticism.

I don't think our depth is anything special beyond players 23-27ish I just think we have a lot of really good players in our best 22 and that talent helps cover the loss of best 22 players because they're still good enough to win games. I think our system also plays a part in this.

A full squad and we'd have the following players in the 2s...

Scharenberg
Dunn
Sier
Aish
Reid
Wells
Varcoe
Appleby
etc

Plenty of quality depth that would be a walk up start in a lot of other teams

A full squad and we'd have the following players in the 2s...

Scharenberg
Dunn
Sier
Aish
Reid
Wells
Varcoe
Appleby
etc

Plenty of quality depth that would be a walk up start in a lot of other teams
Outside a couple of those its nothing special, a lot of other teams would have similar quality players waiting in the wings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside a couple of those its nothing special, a lot of other teams would have similar quality players waiting in the wings

Yeah maybe... I think we'd have a lot more depth that would be best 22 elsewhere than other teams would.

geez, hasn't goldsack fallen back in the pecking order. I know he has been playing forward, but didn't think Magden would be ahead of him for a defensive spot.

He is coming off a knee reco so he was always going to struggle this year, strange decision to give him a contract really.

I don't think our depth is anything special beyond players 23-27ish I just think we have a lot of really good players in our best 22 and that talent helps cover the loss of best 22 players because they're still good enough to win games. I think our system also plays a part in this.

The plug and play types just need to play their role and if that's the prerequisite we've probably got 30+ players so our depth is fine. We've used 27 players already this season. Wells and Madgen makes it 29. We still have Goldsack, Broomhead, Scharenberg, Daicos, Appleby, Murphy, Dunn, Crocker, Sier (off the top of my head) who still haven't played. IQ, Lynch and T Brown all developing.

He is coming off a knee reco so he was always going to struggle this year, strange decision to give him a contract really.
Rookied or contract I thought it was a good decision especially if you have watched him in the VFL. Experience and very vocal on the field given all the new VFL players and our recruits, think he still has a role to play after giving so much to the club. Doubt that he cost us very much except for a place on the list.

You can make a halfway decent team with our outs:

Appleby Dunn Scharenberg
Murphy Langdon Quaynor

Lynch Broomhead Sier
Murray Adams Crocker

Varcoe Moore Daicos
De Goey Cox Elliott

T Brown Goldsack Bosenavulagi Kelly

Last edited:
geez, hasn't goldsack fallen back in the pecking order. I know he has been playing forward, but didn't think Magden would be ahead of him for a defensive spot.
In many ways I think we’ve just moved beyond him.
He’s an amazing hard worker and trier but just lacks that extra addition to his game that makes him a must pick.

But will always be revered as a clubman and what he has got out of his talent by sheer hard work.

You can make a halfway decent team with our outs:

Appleby Dunn Scharenberg
Langdon Murphy Quaynor

Lynch Broomhead Sier
Daicos Adams Murray

Varcoe Moore Crocker
De Goey Cox Elliott

T Brown Goldsack Bosenavulagi Kelly

Swap Daicos and Crocker and that's a very handy forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back