Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. WCE (R17, Fri 12/07 8:10pm OS)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says that he was "effectively sacked"? Malthouse I suppose, in his recent tell-all interview, but I'm not buying it.

As far as is officially known, he changed his mind about being Director of Coaching half way through 2011, when he did the infamous Footy Show interview, and he basically sabotaged our 2011 season from that point.

in his post GF speech on GF night 2011 basically confirmed he was gone, and it was his choice to walk away.

Dear WCE supporters who are in this thread ...

... how long did it take you lot to stop banging on about whether Malthouse left of his own accord or was pushed?

I really wanna know what the statute of limitations is on that one because it’s been friggen’ eight years for us and we’re still going on about it :mad:

(Oh, and don’t you dare answer “Until 2006 when we won our next premiership” ‘cause if you do then I’ll bang away at the report button and demand that your sorry backside gets flamed ...

... BringouttheGimp will empty a bottle of Carlton FC Eau de Toilet over your silly scone ...

F2D_800.jpg

... TradeDraft will type at you in all caps with more angry faces than you can ever count ...

... and Saintly Viewed will tell you an excruciatingly bad dad joke)

So just don’t

:mad:

Cracked it?

He was effectively sacked after taking us to our first premiership in 20 years and then a subsequent grand final appearance.

Will go down as one of the worst mistakes in the history of our football club.

In no way is bucks a better coach than MM, past, present, or future.
Sacked?
After a Premiership?
No, your memory fails you.
He agreed to a changeover plan. He was given a five year contract to oversee The coaches after the changeover.
His petulance and inability to make the simplest of moves, Tarrant to Hawkins, cost us a Premiership. His media appearances throughout 2011 did nothing for our cause.
Now I’m no Buckley fan, and I didn’t think an unproven coach was what we needed, but I was happy to see the back of Malthouse.
Back to Malthouse, he certainlycracked it and broke his five year contract. By all accounts he told Carlton that he could take their list at the time to the GF. And he also said he could bring Daisy with him.
One out of two.

There once was a man named Barass,
Who would hound, niggle & harass,
Then along came big Cox,
Who made him fill up his jocks,
And now he gives no more lip or more sass!
There was a wild Texan boy
Mason Cox was his name
Born of American parents
He was never destined for any fame
Every time he tried to mark the ball
His effort was so lame
Buckley told him to just go on
and continue to play the game
But he was no match
For the big NicNat
and in the ruck
He was put to shame
In the forward line
he loped around
Barass toyed with him
through out the game
The Maggies lose another one
So Bucks is taking the blame

Mason Cox was his name
Born of American parents
His effort was so lame
But he was no match
For the big NicNat
and in the ruck
He was put to shame
In the forward line
he loped around
Barass toyed with him
through out the game
A franchise team, the so called eagles
Are destined for torture, that shouldn't be legal
Their fans hit the meth pipes right up until dawn
After playing the mighty pies back into form

*drops mic*

Mason Cox was his name
Born of American parents
His effort was so lame
But he was no match
For the big NicNat
and in the ruck
He was put to shame
In the forward line
he loped around
Barass toyed with him
through out the game

Ti lesssssssss reeee

IN: Crocker, Noble, Greenwood
OUT: Daicos (omitted), Thomas (omitted), Scharenburg (omitted)

I don't rate Crocker all all, but I'll allow him to blow me away :)
At least Thomas knows that he isn't immune from the selection table. Daicos unfortunate to miss, starting to show some promise.
Sad to miss Scharenburg who was one of our best last Friday, though I heard he left training early?

Hmm, the Scharenberg omission... due to travel/hard deck/load management I wonder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sacked?
After a Premiership?
No, your memory fails you.
He agreed to a changeover plan. He was given a five year contract to oversee The coaches after the changeover.
His petulance and inability to make the simplest of moves, Tarrant to Hawkins, cost us a Premiership. His media appearances throughout 2011 did nothing for our cause.
Now I’m no Buckley fan, and I didn’t think an unproven coach was what we needed, but I was happy to see the back of Malthouse.
Back to Malthouse, he certainlycracked it and broke his five year contract. By all accounts he told Carlton that he could take their list at the time to the GF. And he also said he could bring Daisy with him.
One out of two.

Agreed to the new structure - then won a flag.
So new contract/structure delivers another Flag for MM.
And still we have people who don’t get that MM got MORE than he could ever have expected when signing.

The “poor MM “ posts here are a complete distortion of the facts as you point out.

How many coaches would have happily swapped shoes with MM to win a flag?

Yet he’s portrayed as the victim- spare me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back