Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. WCE (R17, Fri 12/07 8:10pm OS)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have a game plan that relies on intercept marking, our two best intercept markers out at the moment in Langdon and Howe.

We aren’t the tallest team and we are playing by far the tallest team, so we drop a tall defender who can intercept mark. Makes sense.
I think it's more because west coast have 3 small and quick forwards, it's there smalls that will beat us not their key position players in my opinion

Oh no Shocker is playing, he’ll take the most ridiculous shots at goal because he thinks he can kick them from anywhere that is if he gets a touch.

So we have a game plan that relies on intercept marking, our two best intercept markers out at the moment in Langdon and Howe.

We aren’t the tallest team and we are playing by far the tallest team, so we drop a tall defender who can intercept mark. Makes sense.

We’ve added mobility to cover their elusive smalls and rebound aggressively.
I reckons it’s the right option.
And Moore and Roughead can cover their talls.

Happy enough with the changes. Crocker deserved a go after a decent body if work in the VFL, will be interesting if he sees extended minutes up the field tomorrow night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are we doing defence wise? I feel with no Howe, Langdon or Scharenberg we're brutally exposed with regards to Allen and in particular Darling.

I'd consider playing Crisp on Darling but 🤷‍♂️

I suspect:

Moore on Kennedy
Roughead on Hickey/Nic Nat
Greenwood on Darling
Mayne on Allen
Maynard on Rioli
Crisp on Cripps
Noble/Quaynor on Cameron

Aish to the wing.

Darling to kick 6.

That was so hard and I'm still completely unsure.

We’ve added mobility to cover their elusive smalls and rebound aggressively.
I reckons it’s the right option.
And Moore and Roughead can cover their talls.

There won’t be much ball to rebound when we have Greenwood playing on a resting Nic Nat or Allen and they mark everything.

They mostly have 3 talls forward, Shaz on Darling, Moore on Kennedy then Roughead on either Allen, Hickey or Nic Nat.

Without Shaz I could only think Crisp has the height to play on Darling, but then we lose a rebounder

What are we doing defence wise? I feel with no Howe, Langdon or Scharenberg we're brutally exposed with regards to Allen and in particular Darling.

I'd consider playing Crisp on Darling but 🤷‍♂️

I suspect:

Moore on Kennedy
Roughead on Hickey/Nic Nat
Greenwood on Darling
Mayne on Allen
Maynard on Rioli
Crisp on Cripps
Noble/Quaynor on Cameron

Aish to the wing.

Darling to kick 6.

That was so hard and I'm still completely unsure.

Greenwood takes Shazs spot. So no tag.

Noble takes Daicos's spot.

Crocker takes Thomas's spot.

No point in a tag imo.

So we put someone who has been playing in the backline in the forwardline for his first game of AFL?

I’m ok with Shaz missing this one. Can’t help to think that we are being cautious with his return and prefer him not play on the Optus surface. A run in the twos at Vic Park to keep building fitness and touch might hold him in good stead for GWS the following week

There won’t be much ball to rebound when we have Greenwood playing on a resting Nic Nat or Allen and they mark everything.

They mostly have 3 talls forward, Shaz on Darling, Moore on Kennedy then Roughead on either Allen, Hickey or Nic Nat.

Without Shaz I could only think Crisp has the height to play on Darling, but then we lose a rebounder

Greenwood on NN or Allen will not happen so do t stress.
We need to rebound aggressively from their backline so Shaz was always at risk if Noble was picked.

Seriously what is crocker gonna Do??

Wheels are off
Crocker is... going to help ensure that seeing further improvement out of Quaynor, Brown, Sier along with Noble’s debut is what I’m pinning my hopes on in this match.

Really, if this is our approach I wouldn’t have minded Lynch getting a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back