Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. WCE (R17, Fri 12/07 8:10pm OS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
In Crocker's short career, if he nailed the set shot snap on the boundary, he could have proved himself as more than useful. He runs all day and leads and presents very well, but his goal kicking lets him down at times.

He's also suspect if he gets it up the ground, ie HBF, as he is clearly scared to turn the ball over and he hesitates, often killing momentum.

As much as you can live with him working hard and being a link in the chain, you just hope he doesn't get the ball too much up the ground.

This is assuming he's not playing wing...

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m fairly sure Checkers played his first game as a forward last year. Recruited and played down back before this.

He played forward in the VFL first.

With only the 2 talls selected I reckon that they might play Roughead on Kennedy, Crisp on Darling and Moore on Allen.

This probably gives us a bit of rebound opportunity from Moore and Crisp.

If Crocker has earnt his spot in the seniors then he deserves an opportunity to prove himself. I'll afford him the respect that is due anyone wearing the jumper tomorrow.

It will be a tough day, my gut feel is that it could get ugly. I'm hoping against all hope that the trend of the recent weeks will be reversed and that the side will rediscover their mojo interstate with their backs against the wall.

Then again, Howe-Langdon-Adams-Stevo are BIG outs to cover. I agree with not risking Shaz; there is no way he was dropped IMO, we're managing him.

Can't believe the crap we label our players with on here. Let's have some faith and back our boys get through a difficult time. At least, give them a chance to improve and perform. We have to realise that not everyone in the squad will make it, but in the least let them give it a go. They've earned their place above the rest to be named in the team on the ground this week

Feb 13, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Shaz dropped?
Is that horses for courses?
I thought he played ok last week...
Although it was perhaps one of the worst games of football in living or dead memory that Nuts Coventry himself had as return case of neck boils..

With only the 2 talls selected I reckon that they might play Roughead on Kennedy, Crisp on Darling and Moore on Allen.

I like that match-up. I'd look to inject some Toovey DNA in Crisp, or is that doping?

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

So a guy who has struggled at VFL level all season ahead of a guy who has regularly been among the bests in those same games.... rightyo!

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
So a guy who has struggled at VFL level all season ahead of a guy who has regularly been among the bests in those same games.... rightyo!

The same guy we played last year in the finals......rightyo.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

They'll throw Nic Nat or Hickey down there as well. We don't control there midfield and allow there tall forwards good supply they will be tough to contain.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back