Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Western Bulldogs (R14, Sun 23/06 3:20pm MRVL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we f lose this.. I f swear man.. imma get a job as a security behavioural control expert at the G and that re so I can prank my mates Spiro and Doodoo and get em ejected for a laugh and that re.. ill say some s**t like 'eh you 2.. come with me'.. spiro will probably say ' what the f you're security here.. shut up re were mates what about kivotos and that re'.. I'll then just say.. 'don't know who you are mate.. let's go'.. he'll then say.. 'f off re'.. then I'll call 10 more security officers to surround em boot em out re.. f it re..

I have f had it man.. that's it for me.

By no means celebrating an injury but that's good news considering we'll still be without Adams.

Tim English had his career best game last night. Wonder if he has come along at all since Grundy demolished him a month or two ago.

Tim English always projected as a very good prospect. Probably getting games in the No.1 ruck role before his time but they're light on for alternative options.

If we f lose this.. I f swear man.. imma get a job as a security behavioural control expert at the G and that re so I can prank my mates Spiro and Doodoo and get em ejected for a laugh and that re.. ill say some **** like 'eh you 2.. come with me'.. spiro will probably say ' what the f you're security here.. shut up re were mates what about kivotos and that re'.. I'll then just say.. 'don't know who you are mate.. let's go'.. he'll then say.. 'f off re'.. then I'll call 10 more security officers to surround em boot em out re.. f it re..

You're close on the new term, but in the spirit of fitness trainers becoming high performance managers, I'm pretty sure that security guards have become "appropriate behaviour managers". The term security has become too clouded with a negative connotation to remain in their job title.

Our best game of the year so far was at Etihad. Hopefully we can replicate that form this week. Dogs have a vulnerable defence, would like to see a good spread of goal-kickers.

Our best game of the year so far was at Etihad. Hopefully we can replicate that form this week. Dogs have a vulnerable defence, would like to see a good spread of goal-kickers.
De Goey 6
Stephenson 6
Cox 5
WHE 5
Elliott 5
Mihocek 5
Thomas 4 (because he's out of form)

I've already penciled him in for 5. We'll take him off at three quarter time to rest him for the North clash.

I just watched that video and he kicked 5 straight before I closed it. That has to be a good omen.... ;)

I've been very impressed with Greenwood recently. I too think he's cemented in our back 7. He's a good size to play as that small/med defender who lines up across half back.

If they are both fit we'll have 9 defenders who have played a lot of AFL footy and performed well. Need 7 defenders in the team every week, so 2 don't make the cut

Langdon 190cm
Scharenberg 191cm
Aish 183cm
Greenwood 181cm
Roughead 200cm
Crisp 190cm
Moore 203cm
Maynard 189cm
Howe 190cm

Need to find the right balance

fwiw I have Aish and Shaz OUT

I think the bottom 5 picks themselves, unless injured - so 2 out of 4 from the top

Elliot has been my favourite player for some time now but was very rusty when he was playing. I would make him force his way into the side through the VFL, then play a bit higher up the ground in the seniors because he looked lost in the small FF role.

Elliot has been my favourite player for some time now but was very rusty when he was playing. I would make him force his way into the side through the VFL, then play a bit higher up the ground in the seniors because he looked lost in the small FF role.

Straight in for Thomas for me.

Thomas has been poor the last few weeks.

If we f lose this.. I f swear man.. imma get a job as a security behavioural control expert at the G and that re so I can prank my mates Spiro and Doodoo and get em ejected for a laugh and that re.. ill say some **** like 'eh you 2.. come with me'.. spiro will probably say ' what the f you're security here.. shut up re were mates what about kivotos and that re'.. I'll then just say.. 'don't know who you are mate.. let's go'.. he'll then say.. 'f off re'.. then I'll call 10 more security officers to surround em boot em out re.. f it re..

I won't lie to you Gimpy, if we f lose to the doggies... I'm gonna spend every Friday arvo for the rest of the year wearing white New Balance runners with Kmart jeans at my local, my phone on a belt clip, telling everyone I would've been a star AFL player right now if it weren't for that bad knee of mine. I'll pay for every beer on card, and when they ask "savings?" I'll respond "savings? More like 'spendings' LOL"

I've f had it!

Money management by Gill and the henchmen.

As an aside how many times have the losing side kicked the first 2 goals, since they started the 'pay em out early" promo?

How many winning players or sides have taken that bet by letting in two goals??

The AFL aligning itself with gambling companies is a disgrace and it should be banned.
I would bet good money the number would be a big fat zero. Those bets are limited to $250. And if the team you bet on ultimately loses, you don't get your stake back. So for a massive, massive outsider at $5, you are looking at a max $750 profit ($1000 payout at the 2 goal lead, less the $250 gone when you lose) for each bet. So you are proposing that a fair amount of players collude to let the goals in, and organise bets in other people's names just so they can earn a lot less than $750 per bet??

AFL players have made some dumb bets over the years, and gotten caught, but this would be next level stupid. And very easily detected.

But I do agree with you and would like to see less AFL connection to gambling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

De Goey 6
Stephenson 6
Cox 5
WHE 5
Elliott 5
Mihocek 5
Thomas 4 (because he's out of form)
I think 36 goals is still a bit light as the roof will be closed.

Crisp should get one at least.

Wouldn't be surprised if Adams and Elliott were on both being held until the Hawks game given our next two are at Marvel.

Likewise Shaz if he's deemed ready.
Must say, I’d think Scharenberg will be high caution approach.
Let him run out games in the lesser level.
Then launch at AFL, a good few games, then finals.

Fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back