Preview Changes & prematch discussion Rd6: vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
+ They recruited like they're having a crack at a flag.
+ they just dropped a home game, they'll be up for the game.

We have to continue with our pressure game. Pressure pressure pressure and see where the cards fall.
Ken is our coach. It's at Etihad (right? We suck at Etihad). Ken will find a way to screw this up. Don't be so worried.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

EVW is a chance but Higgo almost no chance.

Maybe.

All depends, concussion is pretty subjective and I'd suggest we would give him all the time we can before ruling him out.

Whatever we do, we can't move Ziebell into the midfield for Higgo.

When we did that in the 3rd - and also to try and stem the flow - our previously ultra dynamic forward set up fell apart.

I'd be keener to give young Will Walker a run in a Higgo role, certainly the outside aspects, than I would moving Ziebell.

In realityness though, I reckon Wrighty in, and Luke Mc gets the challenge - alright big shot fashion mullet footy player nightclub rooster, you're going into the midfield, you're going to run your guts out and you're going to use the ball well.

Whatever we do, we can't move Ziebell into the midfield for Higgo.

We might not have any choice mate. Aside from Ahern, they are also getting touched up in the VFL.

Our stretch limit on midfielders is paper thin.

I reckon Ahern has to come in if Higgo misses.

We might not have any choice mate. Aside from Ahern, they are also getting touched up in the VFL.

Whoever it is, the key is to keep JZ forward.

With JZ in midfield we return to a slow hack it forward side with the marking options blanketed too often.

With JZ forward we look way way better.

I know Higgo is very very hard to replace, but it is for one game I reckon - as I said, I'd like Luke given the challenge.

With captain playing mainly up forward Cunners had to step up to a new level yesterday, and then had to go even beyond that when higgs went down.

It was a truly remarkable performance.

However one which we can't expect to happen again. We're going to need a serious boost in midfield if we are to keep up with Port

LDU for Higgins

Wright for EVW if he doesn’t come up

Not sure whether Wright is ready (as in physically) but I suppose it will come down to him or Ahern and whichever they feel is more so. Wright obviously has more experience but if it comes down to physical condition and form only Ahern looks the better bet at the moment. Particularly if Higgins is out too as he could float midfield or take LMac's role and he goes to the middle.

Don’t forget we’re talking about a bloke who hasn’t played one AFL game yet.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We cannot underestimate the benefit we receive in the middle from the constant hunting and harassment by Anderson, Simpkin and Jacobs. It frees up Cunnington to be the skillful beast that he undoubtedly is. Higgins will be a massive loss, though.. However, if Goldstein can shade the ruck, we're in with a big chance, regardless of who we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back