Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out: Hall, Turner, Goldstein, Mahony

In: Bergman/Goater, Curtis, Comben, Zurhaar

Comben gives us far better structure and Curtis is a small forward who can actually do what a small forwards supposed to do: kick goals.

If Goldy's not in the ruck he's giving absolutely nothing and it's clear we're prioritising (rightly IMO) X's development over perhaps playing the better ruckman. Goldy's just as much of a forward as X was last year, ie, not at all one.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldy did nothing all day, 2nd to his opponent every time. 4 possessions!
Yep. Xerri had a torrid first quarter (with plenty of mates) but he at least cracked in, kicked a goal in our fightback and kept going all game. I'm still not convinced he's the long term ruckman but if it was my team and I decided Chom was ready I know which one of the two I'd be dropping to make way.

Goldy was ******* invisible and that's just not enough if you want to hang around to top off you super at the one club. Has to be better and consistently contribute. His good games are still there every 4-5 weeks but he is invisible around the ground most of the time nowadays - concerning if they insist on playing him and Xerri in the same team for the rest of the year. It's not fair on the younger team mates and midfield to have to cover the run of an extra senior big player.

No way Xerri gets dropped over Goldy. Time to move on.

Out : Mahoney, Hall, Goldy, Atu
In: Curtis, Comben, Bergman, Goater
Yep

1 had 20 possession, 26 HO and a goal
the other just 4 possies with 19 HO

I did think we were better set up at stoppages with Goldy though.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m sick and tired of the lack of changes at the selection table.
Time to send a message to the players who show no effort and are just not up to it.

Out: Goldstein, Atu, Young, Mahony, Turner, Hall (inj)
In: Comben, Curtis, Zurhaar, Phillips, McGuinness, Bergman

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep

1 had 20 possession, 26 HO and a goal
the other just 4 possies with 19 HO

I did think we were better set up at stoppages with Goldy though.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree with both of those comments. When looked at bluntly though my mind just says structure up around the average ruckman who is <25 years old and is hitting contests all day long. I'd rather an extra runner around that average ruckman than playing two of them and getting little from both. Love Goldy and he will come back, likely as not he'll kick 3 goals next week and look great but they are becoming too far in between now and I hope they don't drag it out - it helps nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back