Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Best 22 perspective this might be the strongest team we've put out on the field in 3 months.

Wright > Mullet
Thompson > Hansen
Jacobs > Dumont
Waite > Daw

No excuses for not winning on Saturday.

Certainly a stronger team, but I'd definitely have Dumont before Jacobs. When fit maybe Hansen over Thompson also, he's really dropped off.

I know Jacobs tags well but Froggy looks a very good talent, creative and composed (which we lack) and don't want to see him dropped again :thumbsu:

The real unknown this week is what effect the delisting news has had on the players. I'd like to think it will galvanise the group but there remains the possibility that it's done the opposite.

Every interview grab I've heard with a GWS player has had them trotting out the "it's all about us this week" and "we're treating this as our first final" lines.

Well I hope we give them a 120 minute taste of true finals footy intensity and show the departing legends the regard they're held in by our uncompromising attack on the man and ball.

North by 15pts.

Just a little bit of light relief from the prevailing angst, maybe. North Melbourne have won in absolutely every single Brent Harvey milestone game. The following major Brent Harvey milestone games remain:-

• Final Melbourne game.
  • Final game.

The only way the trend can continue is if we win the GF. Now, that would be a thing!

The real unknown this week is what effect the delisting news has had on the players. I'd like to think it will galvanise the group but there remains the possibility that it's done the opposite.

Every interview grab I've heard with a GWS player has had them trotting out the "it's all about us this week" and "we're treating this as our first final".

Well I hope we give them a 120 minute taste of true finals footy intensity and show the departing legends the regard they're held in by our uncompromising attack on the man and ball.

North by 15pts.

spot on, we will find out what effect it has on the playing group Saturday night when we will be fighting for a home final if things go right. If we get smashed well the club totally stuffed our finals series.

I think EVW should have been playing a month ago. Bringing him in now when we need to be getting a settled finals team wouldn't make much sense.
He needed to get some continuation in his game first. He has been plagued by injuries every since he arrived. Let him develop and he will get his moment soon enough.

Certainly a stronger team, but I'd definitely have Dumont before Jacobs. When fit maybe Hansen over Thompson also, he's really dropped off.

I know Jacobs tags well but Froggy looks a very good talent, creative and composed (which we lack) and don't want to see him dropped again :thumbsu:
I think on output right now Dumont provides as much as Jacobs.
I wouldnt have Thompson in as KP defender, nor next year and beyond. His best games this year has been on mid sized forwards and that should continue from now.

I'm currently in the Sydney Virgin Lounge and the whole GWS team is here. Is there anyone in particular I should target for some harm, such as a "stink palm"?
Shiel.

I'm currently in the Sydney Virgin Lounge and the whole GWS team is here. Is there anyone in particular I should target for some harm, such as a "stink palm"?

On the flip side I hope you've been making coffees for Josh Kelly in your early 80's #14 North jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real unknown this week is what effect the delisting news has had on the players. I'd like to think it will galvanise the group..........

Early signs are that it has indeed galvanised the group, based on this pic from training yesterday.

be4fa0da3119aa5c8f04f099863fd2dc

On the flip side I hope you've been making coffees for Josh Kelly in your early 80's #14 North jumper.
I've just hip and shouldered Mumford while he wasn't watching and I can report the result wasn't pretty, blood and broken bones everywhere.......hopefully I can make a fast recovery!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back