Preview Changes/prematch discussion vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Injuries. Lost all pace and power due to the foot. Same injury that ended Matt Egan and Trent Croad's careers.
Cheers for that.

Bloody shame, I hate seeing promising young careers stifled or ended because of injury. Jessie Smith was going to be our next big thing but injury soon put a stop to that. Very sad.

interesting that although Durdin is in the 18 for roos hes named for Werribee. normally its one or the other

And Swallow is the only one named on the extended bench who is not named for Werribee. Tells me that Sam will be out and Spitta the one certain in this week. The other two I suspect will not make the final 22 will be Clarke and Mountford, unless Garner and maybe Benny Brown don't come up through injury.

That was the initial team:

B: Sam Durdin, Robbie Tarrant, Ed Vickers-Willis
HB: Lachlan Hansen, Scott Thompson, Jamie Macmillan
C: Sam Gibson, Ben Cunnington, Shaun Atley
HF: Kayne Turner, Jarrad Waite, Marley Williams
F: Nathan Hrovat, Ben Brown, Shaun Higgins
Fol: Todd Goldstein, Jack Ziebell, Jed Anderson
Int From: Andrew Swallow, Luke McDonald, Ryan Clarke, Aaron Mullett, Taylor Garner, Mason Wood, Declan Mountford

In: Jarrad Waite, Andrew Swallow, Aaron Mullett, Taylor Garner, Declan Mountford
Out: Trent Dumont (concussion), Jy Simpkin (shoulder)

Last edited:

Updated squad to be something like this:

B: Aaron Mullett, Robbie Tarrant, Ed Vickers-Willis
HB: Marley Williams, Scott Thompson, Jamie Macmillan
C: Sam Gibson, Ben Cunnington, Luke McDonald
HF: Kayne Turner, Jarrad Waite, Mason Wood
Fol: Todd Goldstein, Jack Ziebell, Ryan Clarke
Int From: Andrew Swallow, Taylor Garner, Jed Anderson, Declan Mountford, Lachlan Hansen, Sam Durdin, Shaun Atley

Bench will be Hansen, Atley, Anderson, Swallow unless Garner is fit in which case he probably comes in for Anderson

We don't need Swallow. Not sure why we are rushing him back.

Midfield has looked so much better without him.

He's not our saviour.

He's not our saviour.
No, but with Froggy injured he seems like a reasonable option to hold things together at the coalface this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not our saviour.

The thing is, if he comes in and we win, what does it achieve?

However, you play Mountford and we win, it's huge.

Roll the dice North, go All-In on youf.

That was the initial team:

B: Sam Durdin, Robbie Tarrant, Ed Vickers-Willis
HB: Lachlan Hansen, Scott Thompson, Jamie Macmillan
C: Sam Gibson, Ben Cunnington, Shaun Atley
HF: Kayne Turner, Jarrad Waite, Marley Williams
Fol: Todd Goldstein, Jack Ziebell, Jed Anderson
Int From: Andrew Swallow, Luke McDonald, Ryan Clarke, Aaron Mullett, Taylor Garner, Mason Wood, Declan Mountford

In: Jarrad Waite, Andrew Swallow, Aaron Mullett, Taylor Garner, Declan Mountford
Out: Trent Dumont (concussion), Jy Simpkin (shoulder)
Balance restored.

So, the 25 isn't changed, just the starting 18 vs interchange. While Brad may have a habit of not dropping any of those named in the 18 from the final team, there isn't anything stopping the club from doing it, is there?

If so, then these cosmetic changes are probably no more than signals to the team. That is, if you're on the extended bench, you're a chance to get dropped or are receiving a message along the lines of 'In case you didn't get the message in your player review, you're skating on thin ice.'

It seems a bit silly to me. It's not even likely to fool the opposition.

So, the 25 isn't changed, just the starting 18 vs interchange. While Brad may have a habit of not dropping any of those named in the 18 from the final team, there isn't anything stopping the club from doing it, is there?

If so, then these cosmetic changes are probably no more than signals to the team. That is, if you're on the extended bench, you're a chance to get dropped or are receiving a message along the lines of 'In case you didn't get the message in your player review, you're skating on thin ice.'

I'm assuming it was just a mistake, then? We meant to name Durdin on the bench. Hah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sorry to interrupt, just been doing a touch of Oppo Scouting ;)

In response to the above tho, for Sunday squads, the starting 18 are indeed locked in, and it's only the extended 7-man bench that is changed at final selection. So if you wish to make changes to the starting 18, you need to formally do so, as you've obviously done this morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back