Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs Port @metricon Saturday 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Is daw on the chopping block at the end of the year?

Wood looks like he will stay.

Don't necessarily disagree, but on the other hand he's had three games in a row and hasn't shown a great deal. I think there are things to work with going forward, but I also think that depending on list cuts and other recruitments that giving him a list spot and more time for development might be a luxury we can't afford.
Well we know what Atley can do, and he's had a lot more than 3 games. Williams the same. Even Hall. Playing 2 minute Jack, seriously? We are not making a late run for the finals. Imo. Anyway, no members cards, no Murph, it's been a bad week for NMFC in my house.

Just posting a pic of Malcolm Blight so that the Port Adelaide team stops being the thumbnail for this thread on my phone
14bb69476566867234befb54e7a22046.jpg

We have about 26 to choose from.

I have backed Wood as he works hard - did you notice Ahern omitted?

Shaw has clear plans.

Yes I think so, if u ain't in the team now, prob won't be there next yr.

s**t, titanic is bank, can't run, can't turn, can't kick, why are we not resting ziebell for the rest of the year? Him in the team means we are down by 1 player automatically as he can neither play middle nor be a competent forward.

I can’t actually believe he has put Ziebell straight in.

We’ve lost him 3 times? this year inside of the first half? Why not 4? Especially after missing 4 months of pre-season as his natural fitness base.

Shaw has some balls on him, I will give him that. Because he will look like a complete and utter goose if Jack gets injured again. Not for the first time either after how he handled Cunnington, Thomas etc...

If this is Ziebell putting his hand up, well based on his track record in that regard this year that should of meant an automatic 1 week scratch match. The two times he went in at last minute in the same scenario were probably the two most embarrassing performances of Jacks career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sh*t, titanic is bank, can't run, can't turn, can't kick, why are we not resting ziebell for the rest of the year? Him in the team means we are down by 1 player automatically as he can neither play middle nor be a competent forward.

We’ve lost him 3 times? this year inside of the first half? Why not 4? Especially after missing 4 months of pre-season as his natural fitness base.

Shaw has some balls on him, I will give him that. Because he will look like a complete and utter goose if Jack gets injured again. Not for the first time either after how he handled Cunnington, Thomas etc...

If this is Ziebell putting his hand up, well based on his track record in that regard this year that should of meant an automatic 1 week scratch match. The two times he went in at last minute in the same scenario were probably the two most embarrassing performances of Jacks career.

He is our Captain Jack, if he wants to go down with the ship, in a blaze of glory, then why not?
Leave him alone FFS

Fool me once shame on luck. Fool me twice shame on jack. Fool me thrice shame on shaw. Fool me four times shame on........?

He is our Captain Jack, if he wants to go down with the ship, in a blaze of glory, then why not?
Leave him alone FFS

The club is bigger than the player.

He’s no good if he’s on the bench for 3 qtrs in his tracksuit.

I hope he goes well, however if he breaks down again, both he and Shaw should have the blowtorch applied to them.

I hope he goes well, however if he breaks down again, both he and Shaw should have the blowtorch applied to them.

In the context of this game this season I don’t begrudge him taking the helm against the top team, regardless of the outcome. Who knows maybe this will be his swan song? I hope he does a Ragnar Lothbrok and leads us to an unlikely victory 👹

Probably my ignorance but can someone explain why we persist with 3 talls down back.

It seems to slow our ball movement out of D50 allowing opposition to close down space and end up giving us little option than long down the line or a risky kick in board (usually resulting in turnover).

Ive been happy to see Mckays improvement but he for one really does chew up valuable time in transition (allowing opposition to close space) when he takes possession and usually ends up taking a safe short option anyway. Someone else is tasked with a more risky kick, which results in a tuenover and ends up copping the heat of the BF boards.

With 3 games to go, 17th on the ladder, I wouldve thought it would be a great opportunity to change things structurally.

Or perhaps ive just missed the mark completely.

What is happening with Pittard? Have not seen many of your games so has he been a turnover king or something? Did really like Jasper, but for every good thing he did he would undo it with an absolute shocker of an error. The crowds at home games would visibly and audibly be scared anytime he had the ball in hand.

Nothing has happened to him, he is s**t,has always been s**t and his haircut and Tatts are worse than his form.

He has had a bigger gap this time though hasn't he.... when was the last time he played? Mid July so he has been out for 6-7 weeks so not being rushed back so much this time

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

sh*t, titanic is bank, can't run, can't turn, can't kick, why are we not resting ziebell for the rest of the year? Him in the team means we are down by 1 player automatically as he can neither play middle nor be a competent forward.

Translation - he was one of only 9 players in the entire Comp to average 20+1 last year, 9.

HE IS ALSO THE SKIPPER.

why is ziebell back?, why is ziebell back? um . . . . . . perhaps because he is the Captain of North Melbourne, if he is available he plays. Skittle a few tonight Jack!

Probably my ignorance but can someone explain why we persist with 3 talls down back.

It seems to slow our ball movement out of D50 allowing opposition to close down space and end up giving us little option than long down the line or a risky kick in board (usually resulting in turnover).

Ive been happy to see Mckays improvement but he for one really does chew up valuable time in transition (allowing opposition to close space) when he takes possession and usually ends up taking a safe short option anyway. Someone else is tasked with a more risky kick, which results in a tuenover and ends up copping the heat of the BF boards.

With 3 games to go, 17th on the ladder, I wouldve thought it would be a great opportunity to change things structurally.

Or perhaps ive just missed the mark completely.

Yes playing two Kpd is the way to go and we played a better footy when he had this setup.
I’d play walker forward.
We need more speed/agility to transition the back from the back half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back