Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not too fussed if the change isn't made this week, but if the coaches decide to give up on Hayden I'd move Ziebell back and replace the skipper up forward with Stephenson or Mahony depending on how the former is tracking (i.e. he likely has KPIs he needs to hit to get back into the side and I don't want him in for the sake of it).

I know a lot of posters are over the Ziebell as a defender experiment, but I think that's the clearest way to fit our best 22 on the park.

There's clearly a weak link in the back 7, however with Hall, McKay, and Bonar all 2-3 weeks away it may be tempting to stick with Atu/Hayden until one of them is ready to come back in.
Jz can’t go back to defence, he will just be targeted

Jz can’t go back to defence, he will just be targeted

I think currently we only have five healthy capable defenders as well as Scott who is playing an attacking role. If Atu, Hayden or Ziebell are the 7th, then I think they're all going to be targeted.

It's worth mentioning that I didn't mind Ziebell's game on the weekend, but I feel like Hayden out of Stephenson just makes us a more talented team.

I think currently we only have five healthy capable defenders as well as Scott who is playing an attacking role. If Atu, Hayden or Ziebell are the 7th, then I think they're all going to be targeted.

It's worth mentioning that I didn't mind Ziebell's game on the weekend, but I feel like Hayden out of Stephenson just makes us a more talented team.
We need experience in the forward line more then the back line (where we have Corr McDonald already).

Last year the backline neglected the future & throwing Jack back takes away games from a young defender.

I want Stevo to find desire, long term having him sit until the penny drops is the best thing for us.

I would have a back group of young, Corr, walker, lmac, Perez,Scott, Turner maybe even Taylor on a flank

We need experience in the forward line more then the back line (where we have Corr McDonald already).

Last year the backline neglected the future & throwing Jack back takes away games from a young defender.

That first part is a fair point. You also have Turner back there as well for whatever that's worth.

With him keeping out Hayden and Atu, I'm not convinced that either of those will be on the list next year as defenders. I'd rather Ziebell take that spot and both get a chance to save their careers in other positions. It's only a temporary issue anyway with Bonar, McKay and Hall all due back soon.

That first part is a fair point. You also have Turner back there as well for whatever that's worth.

With him keeping out Hayden and Atu, I'm not convinced that either of those will be on the list next year as defenders. I'd rather Ziebell take that spot and both get a chance to save their careers in other positions. It's only a temporary issue anyway with Bonar, McKay and Hall all due back soon.
Not convinced on Bonar. The injuries are becoming a concern and I could end up being wrong, but I can't get that de Goey performance out of my mind. Physically it was the ideal match up.

He did a pretty fair job on Brown.

Not convinced on Bonar. The injuries are becoming a concern and I could end up being wrong, but I can't get that de Goey performance out of my mind. Physically it was the ideal match up.
Agreed x 2

Walker has been ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 11 v St.Kilda

Total:
Played: 162 Won: 81 Lost: 79 Tied: 2 Last: 68 v 88 (2021) - The only VFL club we're ahead of other than Fitzroy
At Marvel Stadium: Played: 26 Won: 13 Lost: 13 Tied: 0 Last: 68 v 88 (2021)
In Round 11: Played: 11 Won: 7 Lost: 4 Tied: 0 Last: 68 v 88 (2021)

NMFC v St.Kilda in the AFL Era (1990-2021)

Total
Played: 46 Won: 29 Lost: 19 Tied: 0 Last: 68 v 88 (2021)
At Marvel Stadium: Played: 26 Won: 13 Lost: 13 Tied: 0 Last: 68 v 88 (2021)
In Round 11: Played: 3 Won: 1 Lost: 2 Tied: 0 Last: 68 v 88 (2021)

Highest Score: 27.17-179 (Round 21, 1990) vs 12.15-87
Lowest Score: 6.3-39 (Round 2, 2010) vs 23.5-143
Biggest Win: 92 points – 179 to 87 (Round 21, 1990)
Biggest Loss: 104 points – 39 to 143 (Round 2, 2010)
Lowest Winning Score: 8.8-56 (Round 1, 2020) vs 7.12-54
Highest Losing Score: 19.13-127 (Round 16, 2003) vs 21.6-132
Lowest Score Against: 4.5-29 (Round 16, 1996) vs 17.16-118
Highest Score Against: 23.9-147 (Round 20, 2004) vs 15.6-96
Best Quarter: 9.3-57 (4th Quarter, Round 13, 1995) vs 3.2-20
Highest Scoring Game: 266 points (Round 21, 1990) - 179 to 87
Most Goals in a Game: 8 - John McCarthy (Round 21, 1990)
Biggest H&A Attendance: 44,287 (Round 19, 2016) at Docklands
Finals
1997 Second Preliminary Final - St.Kilda 15.14-104 d North Melbourne 11.7-73(MCG)
AFL Players for both teams (1990-2021)
Mark Arceri, Kristian Bardsley, Matthew Capuano, Joe McLaren, Luke Delaney, Nick Dal Santo, Mason Wood, Farren Ray, Tom Campbell
How many clubs do we have a positive win-loss record against in the afl era?

Get your ticket to Marvel Stadium

Although it's a North away fixture, we want as many fans as possible at Marvel to cheer the boys on against some stiff opposition. Get behind the Kangaroos as they look to build on the season so far.

It is a member replacement game, so reserved seat and social club members can use their barcode in the NMFC App (found under access my member card > Round 11 > ticket details) to redeem a seat on Level 1.

All other members can scan in using their mobile membership card and sit anywhere in general admission seating.

What better reason does North need than to win this game and start our comeback season after all that has been going on today...l cant wait to see how this weeks dilemas are portrade into action on the field...Go Roos!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back