lets make the Saints cry on Sunday...
and with that in mind:
Coach Emeritus Scamper
Resized_IMG951321.jpeg

and
Coach Sissy Rose:
Resized_20210507_204521.jpeg

both say the following:

Real backs against the wall type game now.

Coach and the players need to galvanise big time this week and do the club proud as we’re getting beaten the s**t out of off-field.
Hard to know whether or not we will continue last week's commitment and improvement or does this week unsettle them and set up another thrashing. Hopefully the boys rise up.

north-melbourne.jpg

The Kangaroos are still working through whether Curtis Taylor will be fit for this weekend’s clash with the Saints after copping a knock to his ribs. Should he be unavailable, it could mean a return for the recently omitted Jaidyn Stephenson. The club had a VFL bye over the weekend, which means there is no exposed form to pick from in reserve, but will take solace from a competitive display at senior level against the reigning premier last Saturday. Don’t expect Aiden Bonar (hamstring), Aaron Hall (hamstring), Ben McKay (knee) or Jared Polec (foot) to be seen before the bye.

R10 medical sub: Atu Bosenavulagi (replaced Curtis Taylor)

Verdict: Stephenson to replace Taylor, if he fails to recover from a knock to the ribs - Riley Beveridge

What ever we do, can we please not name our Game Day Thread "North Melbourne v Saint Kilda - Sheer Annihilation" :thumbsu::)

What we need is a real incentive to win ... like Carro Wilson and Craig Hutchinson threatening to run around the stadium butt naked after the game if North loses, and the team are forced to watch :eekv1: :sickv1: :eekv1: :sickv1: :eekv1:

Last edited:
I want us to go full slapshot/longest yard I want heads on platter.

Or at least look like we give a s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changes? Do the following for starters:

Play the players in their best positions. JHF, LDU and TP on the ball for the majority of the game. 70+ %.
Rotate Simpkin, Thomas and Greenwood through there but play them more as half forwards.
Comben comes in. What's it matter whether he hursts himself in the seniors or the reserves? Carlton suffered from the same lunacy with McKay a few years back. Eventually he was picked and hasn't looked back.
Zurharr plays deep forward.
Play all these guys in position and other players will look better. Even players like Stephenson would benefit from the cohesion.

Changes? Do the following for starters:

Play the players in their best positions. JHF, LDU and TP on the ball for the majority of the game. 70+ %.
Rotate Simpkin, Thomas and Greenwood through there but play them more as half forwards.
Comben comes in. What's it matter whether he hursts himself in the seniors or the reserves? Carlton suffered from the same lunacy with McKay a few years back. Eventually he was picked and hasn't looked back.
Zurharr plays deep forward.
Play all these guys in position and other players will look better. Even players like Stephenson would benefit from the cohesion.
I think recently the mids have been playing there, same as CZ .

Comben we can’t play until we can be confident in his body.

I want Stevo to earn a return through consistent 100% effort, the will he won’t he show up s**t needs to stop

This game being played for the Mason Wood Cup ?

I feel a big effort from the lads is imminent. Don't think it'll be a win, but marginal improvement last week combined with the shitstorm of this week suggests to me that we keep the Saints honest.

Plus I'll be at the game and I'm buggered if I spend a Sunday afternoon watching us get battered
Irredeemable mozz. Saints by 300.

I feel a big effort from the lads is imminent. Don't think it'll be a win, but marginal improvement last week combined with the shitstorm of this week suggests to me that we keep the Saints honest.

Plus I'll be at the game and I'm buggered if I spend a Sunday afternoon watching us get battered
Last week was the most consistent game we've played probably since the Sydney one and was a huge improvement. I think with a bit of luck we could have been in front at 3/4 time against the competition leaders. That level of effort and starting better will have us in a position to beat more vulnerable teams if we can sustain it. The late fadeouts don't bother me as much if we can start like this. For one I think when it goes well we will be able to put teams away and even if we get hauled in I can live with that as it will improve with fitness.

This week will be very interesting.

I’m really confident we will come out with a point to prove.

People around here wouldn’t think you’re such a w***er, if occasionally you gave credit where credits due. Scott has been very good the last few weeks. He is only 21 and you put a line through him about 2 years ago. Right now we need some average footballers because a lot of them are well below average.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sad but true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back