Unofficial Preview Changes/Prematch discussion vs Western Bulldogs (Ziebell/Garner IN Thomas/McDonald OUT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, comparing these Bulldogs to Hawks, is like comparing a dick to a finger.

0.jpg

Many girls would argue that finger>Dick
Not that many, I think you'll find. :)
The only people who would argue that Bulldogs (finger) are better than Hawks (dick), are the ones who haven't seen full strength Hawks in action. ;)

Not that many, I think you'll find. :)
The only people who would argue that Bulldogs (finger) are better than Hawks (dick), are the ones who haven't seen full strength Hawks in action. ;)
LOL well played sir

With the way the Dog's defence plays, I anticipate that by the end of the game half their team will have Jarrad Waite's stud marks in the small of their back. I can honestly see him having a field day. All our big forwards love to run and jump at the ball so if we can get our kicks inside 50 right and not just bomb the the ball in I can see them all having a big influence.

If forwards played in front of their opponents at centre bounce situations, they would be in position A to take a mark off a rushed skyball forward entry, instead of allowing opposition to structure up for the intercept mark, and slingshot rebound. An old theory i know, but it actually works more often than not, if said forwards have any semblance of marking ability.

Problem is the defenders are trying to get in front of the forwards.

If we try to get in front of them, so they try and get in front of us, so we try to get in front of them, so they try...well soon enough you're all standing in the cheer squad down the other end. Defenders 1, forwards 0.

Don't think goldy will have it allnis own way- roughy is very able player. Will match goldy in open play - ruck goldy will have the advantage.

Bombing the ball forward will not work - we need to let the KPFs run onto the ball.

Also try to congest their forward line..

Would make basti sub again as Garner wont impact as much as he would.

Would start Garner in the middle to get some ball and impact the game.

Don't think goldy will have it allnis own way- roughy is very able player. Will match goldy in open play - ruck goldy will have the advantage.

Bombing the ball forward will not work - we need to let the KPFs run onto the ball.

Also try to congest their forward line..

Would make basti sub again as Garner wont impact as much as he would.

Would start Garner in the middle to get some ball and impact the game.

Agreed. With Thomas out we need Garners pressure in the forward half

how quick people forget here. LT kicked three the week before and the week before that 5. one bad game and people calling for his head.
Well said. But LT lacks defensive effort over a sustained period when he has a stinker.

Petrie on the other hand, works his ass off chasing and pressuring when he is having an off night.

With LT its either a bag of goals or nothing...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Not going to lie mate; 'The Postman' is possibly the most cringe-inducing nickname I have ever heard.

Well ur gunna hate my nickname for Cunners seeing as he grew up on a dairy farm 'The Tit Puller'. Tried yelling it out when he got the ball at the the North v Carlton game 'go Tit Puller'; dunno tho just didn't seem to have the same ring as say 'go Spud' not sure it will catch on.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said. But LT lacks defensive effort over a sustained period when he has a stinker.

Petrie on the other hand, works his ass off chasing and pressuring when he is having an off night.

With LT its either a bag of goals or nothing...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
yea i agree about his defensive acts but to me it doesn't matter when he kicks goals. the pressure acts is why turn garner and stuff get games LT is to light up

I don't know about Basti being sub again. It doesn't help his match fitness. I'm of the opinion that Basti playing at his best is a lock in our team. I get the feeling that the penny has dropped for him and he's at, or getting near, the top of his game right now. He's a class player, so he's good to have out there. To the long queue hoping to see the demise of Gibson, the best chance of that eventuating is a fit and firing Bastinac, I think.

Yeah, dunno about that, Horizontal Event.

I'm a people, and believe me when I say that I don't need to see my local GP's "Hawks in action" to know which one of the two I'd prefer he use for a prostate examination.

Yeah, dunno about that, Horizontal Event.

I'm a people, and believe me when I say that I don't need to see my local GP's "Hawks in action" to know which one of the two I'd prefer he use for a prostate examination.
I wasn't talking about prostate examination. A finger is indeed good for something. :)

No wonder Goldy wins so many taps. He's got 5 hands!
I reckon the big fella is going to have a field day against the dogs. Redpath listed as starting ruck....194cm???? Really??? Are they simply conceding defeat at hit outs and hoping to outmuscle JZ, cunners, and swallow, at centre bounces, and put 12men in defence hoping to rebound it?

I reckon the big fella is going to have a field day against the dogs. Redpath listed as starting ruck....194cm???? Really??? Are they simply conceding defeat at hit outs and hoping to outmuscle JZ, cunners, and swallow, at centre bounces, and put 12men in defence hoping to rebound it?
It has the Cats SF written all over it.. Seriously

The one concern I have is their pace. They transition through the corridor like a sling shot and if Goldy doesn't give our mids first use, or they start roving off of him then I'm worried that they might blow us off the park. We might have more experience and bigger bodies but only a few of our players can halt theirs' at full belt.

I hope we smash these flogs...

They actually think they are good, wait for next year when they have to play some decent teams twice.

They will be in strife when Murphy, Picken, Boyd & Morris go.

As long as we are within 10 goals at half time, anything more than that and it will be touch and go.

Yep, turn the first half into an arm wrestle then break them open and crush them like bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back