Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs Western Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hopefully boomer gets called into Noble's office today and gets raked over the coals for that comment. You can't be giving away lineup and tactic information. Now the bulldogs will be prepared.
I'm sure they had a plan on the off chance he played forward the week after kicking a bag of 5. And Noble said Jack will play forward, he can rake himself over the coals too

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Drama Dis Gonna Be Good GIF by MOODMAN

Reading between the lines, this is the message from North Melbourne to Footscray...

I'm sure they had a plan on the off chance he played forward the week after kicking a bag of 5. And Noble said Jack will play forward, he can rake himself over the coals too
Its too late now, the cats out of the bag etc etc.

Its incredibly unlikely that a guy moved forward who kicked five in a struggling forward line is gonna stay in the forward line. That would be just too obvious and make it too easy for the opposition to work out. I reckon they have a master stroke up their sleeve - playing Jack on the wing.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Its too late now, the cats out of the bag etc etc.

Its incredibly unlikely that a guy moved forward who kicked five in a struggling forward line is gonna stay in the forward line. That would be just too obvious and make it too easy for the opposition to work out. I reckon they have a master stroke up their sleeve - playing Jack on the wing.
Give him a run in the ruck wallsy

TurnoverMerchant

Vanilla Campaigner
Jul 11, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
My feeling is the opposite to what everyone else is thinking. I'll be optimistic going into the game, but my gut is telling me that the Dogs use a struggling team to rebound from bad form. What better team to rebound against than us? Hopefully the young guys put in some good performances.

Hopefully boomer gets called into Noble's office today and gets raked over the coals for that comment. You can't be giving away lineup and tactic information. Now the bulldogs will be prepared.
Are you serious?

While another good effort will be most welcome, and really, it would be another step towards making it non negotiable, as it should be, I don't want us to fall into the habit of close enough is good enough either. Rebuild or not, we are in the business of winning, and when the game is on the line, we need to be hurting if it doesn't go our way, not patting each other on the back for a good effort.

The Sydney game wasn't just winnable, it was very much in our hands until middle of the last quarter, and even late on we obviously had the chance to go deep forward. Need to be training that scenario and not be content with just another close one.

As for the Bulldogs game specifically, they are huge favorites and rightly so. But you'd hope that we approach it as a big game for the club. GF plus Jy's 100th. A 4 quarter effort is very much required.

Aug 24, 2006
THE BIG V
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Roo4Life Member
We must come to play. They aren’t travelling well, time to make a statement
I beg to differ... if they had kicked straight they would be on top of the AFL ladder... they have had numerous shots on goal.. if they have another 30+ shots on goal than i fear for us in a big way...

we need to limit their forward entries (obviously)

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We must come to play. They aren’t travelling well, time to make a statement

Western would be looking at this game as a chance to kickstart their season and their coaches will have drummed in into them to fight hard.

North/we have to be ready to go to war for this game. We need our blokes to come in with the same internet as against Sydney.

Good hard battle coming up imo. I’ll be absolutely gutted if our blokes roll over. I want the win but most of all I want them to back up last week with the same hard edge.

North have shown they’re capable of it and that’s now the standard.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yeah he kicked 5 and sucked s**t in defence but the Bulldogs have NFI where he’s going to be lining up tomorrow…

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Need to get around to watching that. Must've thrown Barry's gameplan right out when his opponent was actually facing him.
Let alone hits back.

* the ******* coward

My feeling is the opposite to what everyone else is thinking. I'll be optimistic going into the game, but my gut is telling me that the Dogs use a struggling team to rebound from bad form. What better team to rebound against than us? Hopefully the young guys put in some good performances.
I think you're right about that to a point but I'll just be happy seeing us stand up and fight like we did the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back