Preview Changes & prematch discussions vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish - Stringer is in worse form than when he got dropped last year - only missed against the bottom sides. Now their season is hanging by a thread Stringer can be putrid and stay in.

Back to back smashings and no player dropped? Yeah so brave.
Yeah lets just focus on our own coach who has done that most of his career.

Not sure why posters are harping on about finals. Every year coaches use the mathematically possible line. Improbable - yes Impossible - no.

So why give up publicly that finals have been ruled out?
Exactly. Can you imagine the meltdown on here if Brad said we have 'given up on finals'?

I thought Beveridge was ruthless and dropped under performing players? "Names don't matter" Stringer and JJ have been putrid but still get a game. Does he only drop players when there is little on the line? Brave Bevo not so Brave!!!

He dropped him last year i think

He has to persist with some players otherwise there will be no one out there lol

North go into this game with an attitude similar to Adelaides last night and it's bye bye Brad . But then again pick 2 in the draft wouldn't be that bad;-);):D

If that's the case then Kelly & Martin won't matter.

They won't come and if they do, it won't matter.

We are massive frauds, mentally, physically... list managementally.... just blind leading the blind, mediocrity and incompetence celebrated.

If we win another game for the year it will prove this. We finally are in position to get a pick 1 or pick 2 and you watch us * it up.

Why wouldn't they play a kid over Swallow? or bring in Nielson for a tall defender?

The idea of rebuilding is to find new players, our objectives are to find a new player that we can rely on every week.

Last week we found Mountford.

This was a perfect game to play Nielson on Redpath.. and find ourselves a 10 year full back.
Dropping 2 small forwards, perfect opportunity to bring in Zurhaar and show us what he has.

We simply don't get football.

Skill set?

He doesn't have the intent or tenacity.

Please. It's embarrassing.

Swallow doesn't have a skill set, he is a dead set ******* who has a special move called throwing the ball over his head... yeah he can tackle but only because he fumbles everything that comes to him and is 2nd to the ball. His skill set is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Dumont is just about our best youngster.

Dickhead coach making him tag is ridiculous. **** tagging, win the ball and execute skills which he can do unlike 90% of his team mates.

Kicks goals too, long bombs from outside 50, boonanas...
Not sure it's that simple.

He is still an inexperienced player, spending some time following around one the competition guns like Dusty is exactly what should form part of his program imo.

We'd be a better side with Williams and Zurhaar in for Waite and Swallow.

Quicker, more skilful, hungrier. We might actually learn something about our list too.

We love playing players that are cooked.

Why wouldn't they play a kid over Swallow?

The relevant point is why would you? There is nothing to be gained from this mentality. There is a reason we are falling over ourselves to get Kelly & Martin. Dumont is a squib with little or no upside left. He will not make a starting midfielder in a top 4 side. Period.

or bring in Nielson for a tall defender?

There is no spot for Neilson. A person with a modicum of actual footy understanding would know this. He is a deep stay at home defender and he is simply not yet up to taking a spot off Tarrant, Thompson or Vickers Willis for that matter. Playing youngsters just for the hell of it is a pointless exercise.

The idea of rebuilding is to find new players, our objectives are to find a new player that we can rely on every week.

Last week we found Mountford.

We "found" Mountford in the 2015 draft. Do you think we pick players out of a hat?

This was a perfect game to play Nielson on Redpath.. and find ourselves a 10 year full back.

1) Redpath is a brute that has 10kgs on Neilsen.

2) We currently have the best full back in the competition and he still has 5 years of footy left in him.

Dropping 2 small forwards, perfect opportunity to bring in Zurhaar and show us what he has.

Zurhaar would be in an oxygen tent at quarter time.

We simply don't get football.

I like you pep, but I think you're the one that lacks understanding.

Agree with this. Initially sounds counter intuitive but Dumont will probably learn more from running with an Ablett than what he will learn on the training track or a whiteboard. Once Jacobs is back then we resume regular programming.
Exactly. Have some people only just started watching football or something. Alot of mids follow this path. Mountford did it last year in the VFL. It's an excellent way to learn from the best. Intentionally designed to make them become better footballers. Unfortunately for dumont he's had his flag lowered a few times now. I'm sure the coaches, harvey and swallow are going through the footage with him too.

I'm not sure why so many are writing him off. We knew what this year was going to be. Get around the boys as they look to develop into better footballers. At this rate we will be delisting 20 players by season's end.

Wouldn't do any worse then Waite last week, I would love to see him with the big boys, but his body is a little thin at the moment.

We played sugar when he was no bigger than a bean sprout (still is really) and my man Jy isn't exactly a Greek Adonis so that shouldn't come into it, having said that, we make a show of new blokes first games so I wouldn't expect him to be a late change.

To the changes, this really has to be Maj's last chance, if he dosent make the most of this crack I reckon its too late for him, hope im wrong but another injury or poor performance could spell the end.

Spitta.....................................

Hansen had to go after last week and Mc was the likely change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe said kid aint better than swallow?

like Melbourne and Carlton have been so successful over the last 20 years blindly playing youth regardless of form.

Are you ******* serious?

Melbourne only needed 3 years with Roos to go from basket case to closer to a flag than we have been at any stage since 1998.
Carlton are better than us and closer to a flag too and have only been coached by Bolton for 18 months.

We are older than Melbourne who are 10 spots above us without their 2 best players. This sits ok with you? You understand the ramifications of this?

It doesn't matter that Swallow is better, our "senior" (Ziebs, Cunners, Jmac) players are better than Melbourne's were 5-9 years ago, our core group is older and more experienced than Melbournes ever was. It's totally different.

Both Melbourne and Carlton defend better than we ever have under Brad and that is what win's flags.
The relevant point is why would you? There is nothing to be gained from this mentality. There is a reason we are falling over ourselves to get Kelly & Martin. Dumont is a squib with little or no upside left. He will not make a starting midfielder in a top 4 side. Period.

There is no spot for Neilson. A person with a modicum of actual footy understanding would know this. He is a deep stay at home defender and he is simply not yet up to taking a spot off Tarrant, Thompson or Vickers Willis for that matter. Playing youngsters just for the hell of it is a pointless exercise.

We "found" Mountford in the 2015 draft. Do you think we pick players out of a hat?

2) We currently have the best full back in the competition and he still has 5 years of footy left in him.

I don't care if you like me or not mate.

How's your meat grinder going? The game is an outside game now and you are putting square slow s**t kicking pegs in round holes.

Gibson is a squib - how else do you play 120 games straight unless you avoid contact?
Goldstein is a squib... a genuine coward, sleeps with lights on and hates body contact.
Atley - a coward deer in the head light fraud.
Hansen is s**t, always has been, dumb and s**t, has never been able to defend.

Get rid of all the old blokes and we are half a chance of winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
He dropped him last year i think

He has to persist with some players otherwise there will be no one out there lol
Correct - against the Freo (3rd last) after 2 weeks where he had 12 & 11 touches and 2 goals. Against freo last year they couldn't make top 4 and couldn't miss the finals - so this brave coach really wasn't that brave. Stringer comes back in V the Eagles and has 11 disposals and 0 goals - but stays in the side.

Scott gets a lot of heat for playing favs - bevo is no different. He pulls the trigger on plays when there is really no difference is they play or not. I am glad Stringer is playing - he is a liability but with their season plummeting out of control Bevo no longer is so brave.

After back to back 10 goal hidings no one gets dropped? If this was Scott this place would be rioting.

Your starting to sound like "Thats Wright" with his LT vendetta. Give the kid a break a lot of very good players weren't very good early.

Are you ******* serious?

Melbourne only needed 3 years with Roos to go from basket case to closer to a flag than we have been at any stage since 1998.
Carlton are better than us and closer to a flag too and have only been coached by Bolton for 18 months.

We are older than Melbourne who are 10 spots above us without their 2 best players. This sits ok with you? You understand the ramifications of this?

It doesn't matter that Swallow is better, our "senior" (Ziebs, Cunners, Jmac) players are better than Melbourne's were 5-9 years ago, our core group is older and more experienced than Melbournes ever was. It's totally different.

Both Melbourne and Carlton defend better than we ever have under Brad and that is what win's flags.

How's your meat grinder going? The game is an outside game now and you are putting square slow s**t kicking pegs in round holes.

Gibson is a squib - how else do you play 120 games straight unless you avoid contact?
Goldstein is a squib... a genuine coward, sleeps with lights on and hates body contact.

unnamed (25).gif

Are you ******* serious?

Well said but a bit tough on your description of the players.

Guess the old saying is doing the same thing over and over n expecting a different result.

A prediction in 2011 that a side that finished 9th would be a contender. Played in preliminary finals in 2014 & 2015 and could have actually won the thing in 2016 if not for a tsunami of injuries.

I don't reckon that's travelling too bad, get back to me when you get even close to that.:thumbsu:

You simply don't have a clue.

I reckon posters like you have * all in the way of actual footy acumen and you pine to see juniors in the senior side, because you simply don't have a clue whether they are up to it or not by going along to the VFL to watch them.

Dumont is the least of our worries.

He'll definitely be the least of our worries if we land Kelly & Martin.

He'll have an outstanding VFL career.

Are you ******* serious?

Get rid of all the old *******s and we are half a chance of winning.

Dees finally got their drafting right - under Roos they added:

Petracca (2) Brayshaw (3), Oliver (4) Salem (9), Hogan (2 mini draft) Tyson, Vince, Hunt, Jetta, Garlett, Lewis, Hibberd. That is a fair group to add to any list.

Those top 5 picks are gold - Petracca, Hogan and Oliver are outstanding. In the same time our best live pick was 16 - Durdin as McDonald went as a F/S.

They stopped butchering their good picks and things have turned - Watts at 1, Cale Morton at 4, Toumpas at 4, Trengove at 2, Gysberts at 11, Cook at 12. Hitting their picks were more important than Roos.

Not sure why people are surprised we are finally having our turn down the bottom of the ladder.

On balance happy with changes this week.

Waite's plays his Community Chest get out of Werribee card yet again.

Swallow has been playing the same lionhearted football as he always has. Skills notwithstanding he deserves a game ahead of some of the peahearted taller, fast, more skillful imposters. Kudos to Brad on this one, at least they're not being so pigheaded to have dropped him and then locked the door regardless of circumstances.

WRAPT that Mountford kept his spot. Was worried he'd be sent straight back "to work on a few things".

Very happy Daw comes in. Even if it roots structure, we need to know where he's at now.

Anderson must be getting a loan of Waite's Monopoly card. He was correctly dropped. But it should've been a tumble off the emergency list. He can probably thank Kayne's PCL for the semi-reprieve.

Sad for Lachie. I really like him and he was getting it all together again this year. Then in a milestone game he unfortunately served up some rolled gold cat turds. His omission is justified, but he'd be entitled to look at a few blokes in the locker room wondering why they're not joining him at Victoria uni this weekend.

A prediction in 2011 that a side that finished 9th would be a contender. Played in preliminary finals in 2014 & 2015 and could have actually won the thing in 2016 if not for a tsunami of injuries.

I don't reckon that's travelling too bad, get back to me when you get even close to that.:thumbsu:

You simply don't have a clue.

I reckon posters like you have **** all in the way of actual footy acumen and you pine to see juniors in the senior side, because you simply don't have a clue whether they are up to it or not by going along to the VFL to watch them.

You are 100% correct. I wouldn't go to a VFL game if you paid me..I wouldn't piss on local footy if it was on fire.

I think AFL/Aussie Rules is s**t other than North Melbourne.

But to say I don't know MY club is a bit rich, I have been attending games since i was in my mothers womb, I used to watch u19, reserves and seniors whilst my dad was the club doctor. I have experienced growth from within, attempted trading coups, multiple rebuilds.

I know what a nice bunch of kids looks like coming through the club (1987-1992)

And our current crop is not even close.

And we weren't close to a flag, we were ******* miles off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back