Preview Changes/Preview – Round 10 vs Yartapuulti @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, that's a concern but don't think it's going to lose us the game. We need a forward who kicks goals and Ben Brown does that very well. It might backfire but don't think Port are particularly lethal off half back. Would be good to see how JVR goes next to him as well.

Our mid and small forwards are some of the beast in the league, we actually don’t need our KPFs to kick bags at all. We just need effort in the air all game and the other guys will take care of the scoreboard. Brown gives us none of this and has since start of 2022, TMac is a little better but has lost athleticism with the feet injuries.

You can’t say we are judging guys off a handful of games when their exposed form since start of 2022 has been bad.

If BBB is in R1 and R2 kinda form AKA moving well, getting up the ground and getting 15 touches/7 marks/x goals then i'm not against him coming in. He kicked his 8 goals across those 2 weeks against the 2 best teams we've probably faced so far in 2023.

I think Fritsch/BBB/JVR and resting ruck is a good set of talls. If BBB is back to shuffling around he can stay out and I'd take a gamble on Joel Smith. Tmac hasn't even played VFL for 2 weeks now? Obviously there's training form that I'm not privy to, but I just can't see Tmac getting his mobility/strength back to compete.

Big game, under lights - can't see Goody having JVR, Fritsch and Smith as our starting talls.

If BBB is in R1 and R2 kinda form AKA moving well, getting up the ground and getting 15 touches/7 marks/x goals then i'm not against him coming in. He kicked his 8 goals across those 2 weeks against the 2 best teams we've probably faced so far in 2023.
That's the problem though - he's looked miles off 100% lately. Both knees heavily strapped in the last Casey game, didn't look very mobile and couldn't make the distance from 40m out on one shot for goal. Since then he's been on a modified training program. Can't be anywhere near fit.

Problem is, TMac was on light duties this week as well apparently, so not sure if he's having problems with the ankle or he's just managing the foot still.

a couple of weeks ago when i was watching the VFL, i saw TMac, BB, and Melksham, all run back out onto the field after half time moving like a bunch of old pensioners, looking sore and sorry, and shuffling their feet, then straight after Joel Smith ran past in massive bouncing strides moving quite free and easy. the contrast was *ing hilarious.
even injury prone Joel Smith moves better than those guys, they are absolutely cooked.

If the choice of Petty’s replacement is between BBB, T-Bone and Melkshakes then I’d rather just go small and play another mid/flanker type.

JVR contests everything. Fritsch plays bigger and is a good leading forward. Then we have Grawndy who seem attached at the hip each time they make a foray forward.

I don’t see why we need to bring in a tall (or Melk) who provide no pressure and are incapable of being providing a marking contest.

Bring in Harmes if available. He can take a grab and knows where the goals are at least.

Tom is cooked, if Brown was a racehorse he'd be dog food by now, moves like he belongs in the legends game.

Smith should get a go, failing that I'd go with Disco and see how that goes up the wrong end of the ground, the skinny 1st rounder because why the hell not give him a quick spin early to show him how it goes, ShaqE just to get the 'are we 100% sure he's not AFL standard' thing out of the way, Melk just because Goody will get him 100 games anyway at some point and then whoever else is listed and not the two cooked blokes.

I like the idea of going with whoever is fit. Make a contest in the air and chase. On the whole the team is pretty much bombing it in if it isn't a quick rebound.

There were times JVR, Gawn and Grundy were all in the same pack in the forward line, so I don't think a tall is needed. One more tall on the wing for a bailout kick from defence probably would be handy at times against Port, but I reckon it's way more important we have someone chase and tackle and smash the defenders and give them a hard time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No love for Schache apparently.
music videos 80s GIF
👀

Being serious, I hope it’s either Schache or Smith to come in. Each option would give a different look to see if it works.

But Goodwin on AFL360 just flagged it will be one of Brown or Tmac to come in. Each are allegedly in good form at VFL according to Simon.
I don't think this week is the time to experiment.
If not this week, then wait until after KB/D match.

Notes:
B - Rivers, May, Hibberd
HB - McVee, Lever, Bowey
C - Langdon, Oliver, Hunter
HF - Spargo, Van Rooyen, Pickett
F - Petracca, Grundy, Fritsch
Fol - Gawn, Brayshaw, Viney
Int - Jordan, ANB, Laurie, Chandler
Sub - J Smith
I'd almost be tempted to play Chandler; ahead of Fritsch, on the bench. Fritsch's defensive efforts this year have been lackluster.

Last edited:
Chandler has hardly been sighted last 2 weeks. Fritta seems out of touch also.
My understanding is both Chandler and Fritta have been carrying some slight niggles over the past few weeks.

Chandler copped a decent cork few weeks ago that's lingered which has resulted in him not being able to train fully during the past few weeks and I think Fritta has also being managed lightly as well. Not sure if it's his foot or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back