Preview Changes/Preview – Round 13 v Collingwood (Big Freeze 9)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. It would be either McVee or Bowey. To stick to his rump like a 2nd pair of shorts. pressure. pressure. pressure.
Not physical intimidation. Just hot on his heels at the footy.
McVee is a half-back flanker who—to my knowledge—has never played forward, and Bowey won't be playing on Monday.

Don't need to over-complicate things. Neal-Bullen is a half-forward flanker with a big tank who can run through the middle and apply pressure. Daicos is a half-back flanker with a big tank who can run through the middle and needs to be constantly pressured.

ANB.

6th for pressure acts and 2nd for tackles out of AFL forwards this season.
Got nothing to do with the numbers, but about physical attributes to stick with a slippery opponent. in and out of traffic.

Also about the footy intelligence, to be able to hurt the other way on rebound.

This is not a slight against ANB, but rather horses for courses.

He sucks now and is washed up. Similar to McDonald and Brown still one year to run on his contract sadly :(
I remember hearing Harmes is going through some personal issues. This could interfere with his focus on his footy.

On the back of being offered about, last end of season.??? Heart and soul types get hurt.

McVee is a half-back flanker who—to my knowledge—has never played forward, and Bowey won't be playing on Monday.

Don't need to over-complicate things. Neal-Bullen is a half-forward flanker with a big tank who can run through the middle and apply pressure. Daicos is a half-back flanker with a big tank who can run through the middle and needs to be constantly pressured.
I know Bowey is injured. My point was the type of player to quell, nDaicos.

Got nothing to do with the numbers, but about physical attributes to stick with a slippery opponent. in and out of traffic.

Also about the footy intelligence, to be able to hurt the other way on rebound.

This is not a slight against ANB, but rather horses for courses.

Disagree mate.

The "numbers" say ANB is one of the best defensive forwards in the league. Daicos is not a player whom I'm worried about hurting on the rebound, ANB doesn't do that anyway which is why we don't lose anything by that match up, plus if it's in our forward half is it even a "rebound"?

I literally can't imagine a better horse for this course.

Who would you put on him?

Spargo - And watch Daicos run off him all day?
Kozzy - And lose the potency of our 2nd leading goal kicker on field?
Chandler - And give up 10cm and probably lots of marks?
Sparrow - Wont be playing forward enough.
Harmes - Suspended.
Melksham - Where do I start...

I'm happy to hear ideas, but at least provide one.

Disagree mate.

The "numbers" say ANB is one of the best defensive forwards in the league. Daicos is not a player whom I'm worried about hurting on the rebound, ANB doesn't do that anyway which is why we don't lose anything by that match up, plus if it's in our forward half is it even a "rebound"?

I literally can't imagine a better horse for this course.

Who would you put on him?

Spargo - And watch Daicos run off him all day?
Kozzy - And lose the potency of our 2nd leading goal kicker on field?
Chandler - And give up 10cm and probably lots of marks?
Sparrow - Wont be playing forward enough.
Harmes - Suspended.
Melksham - Where do I start...

I'm happy to hear ideas, but at least provide one.
Goodwin didn't put anyone on Butters, let alone when he had 25 touches in the first half. Why do people think Goodwin will do anything? He'll do nothing.

Bloody hell he’s a warrior. Hurts to see Neale like this but it’s incredible how long he has lasted.

So sad. I find the raw emotion to be sadness whenever I see Neale. Even amidst all of the positivity around the Big Freeze etc. the sadness takes over. But the work of Neale and his family to raise awareness has been astonishing.

I'm just talking about what I would do.
Fair enough. well yeah, I think our midfielders and forward have been defending like trash as a whole for some time. I think our defenders have done an amazing job to not concede more goals. Our midfielders and forwards aren't applying the manic pressure that they used to a couple of years ago.

So in my opinion, focus on daicos sure but it's more of a team effort to defend the entire ground which hasn't been happening all year.

Langdon has the tank and speed combination to go with Daicos so I'd look at him. He's also been down on form so it may be a good project for him.

I'd be happy/surprised if we got within 5 goals of the pies on current form.

I already have. You don't like it, thats your choice.

McVee? He plays at the other end of the ground mate.

For reference also (And I LOVE McVee)

ANB: 21.5 pressure acts, 5.2 tackles per game
McVee: 8.5 pressure acts, 1.7 tackles per game

McVee? He plays at the other end of the ground mate.

For reference also (And I LOVE McVee)

ANB: 21.5 pressure acts, 5.2 tackles per game
McVee: 8.5 pressure acts, 1.7 tackles per game
Why do you pigeon hole players.
think Petty, thinkTMC.

McVee would be playing a different role as a shutdown pressure player. Even if its is on a running defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you pigeon hole players.
think Petty, thinkTMC.

McVee would be playing a different role as a shutdown pressure player. Even if its is on a running defender.

He's not played a role like this before. His pressure indicators are far lower. You'd be taking him away from a backline already missing Bowey. He's playing great in the backline. Last week we finally got back to the structure that saw us score the majority of our points from back half launches.

It just makes no sense to make this move IMO. We already have a defensive forward role with a player whose key indicators are very good.

Bloody hell he’s a warrior. Hurts to see Neale like this but it’s incredible how long he has lasted.

2017 the last time we have beaten Collingwood at the G and the last time we won a Big Freeze game. Shameful.

Cant win without Jack Watts.

Yeah I actually think he will play if he’s out by Friday.

Funny timing, I was watching Rod Grinter on Open Mike just last night and he talked about getting an infection in his hand from when he knocked Terry Wallace's teeth out. Had 12 ******* stitches put in his hand and played out the game, went home and he had the sweats all night and his hand had swollen up massively by the next morning.

Im pretty sure they treat open wounds that size caused by someones teeth a bit more seriously these days :tearsofjoy:

No doubt it isn't great, but since then they've been better than us every year except 2021.
The owned us from 08-15 then we changed hands second time around and owned them 15-17 and that round 23 game in 2017 was a changed again, they've been pretty much the better team since. They've had it over us more than we've had it over them over the past 15 years but that 08-15 period is probably the worst period in mfc history, Collingwood have never been that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back