Preview Changes/Preview – Round 13 v Collingwood (Big Freeze 9)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt it isn't great, but since then they've been better than us every year except 2021.
We were 10-0 last year. They were sneaking some good wins, but we should have got a win against them last year. 2018 I know they made a GF, but we were a solid side also. 7 goal loss, even with TMac snagging 6 goals. I don't think they've been that much better overall, but they own us regardless

No doubt it isn't great, but since then they've been better than us every year except 2021.

So why do you think we'll win this year if you have this sort of defeatist/excuse attitude when reflecting on the past? They are clearly better than us this year also.

Id also argue we were better than them in 2020, should have been if not for the Cairns choke job x2. We actually flogged them at the GABBA that season too.

So why do you think we'll win this year if you have this sort of defeatist/excuse attitude when reflecting on the past? They are clearly better than us this year also.

Id also argue we were better than them in 2020, should have been if not for the Cairns choke job x2. We actually flogged them at the GABBA that season too.

Because I have a feeling we will win

The stats from Round 21 last year are still wild. You look at those in isolation, and you'd expect that we won by eight goals

Screenshot_20230607_201329_AFL.jpg

Screenshot_20230607_201344_AFL.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see we've solved it this year though....

For a team that is constantly working incredibly hard on our forward connection id have hoped to had it sorted 7 years into Goody's coaching career.

This reflects incredibly poorly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is the first game I can remember, at least since late 2020 I would say, that I don’t expect to win going in. If we played well and get pipped, I actually won’t be that disappointed

this is the first game I can remember, at least since late 2020 I would say, that I don’t expect to win going in. If we played well and get pipped, I actually won’t be that disappointed

Yeah me too. Even with JDG out, they look far better than us this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Won’t happen but I actually would love to see McVee on Daicos too.

There’s no way we could successfully put ANB or Viney on him, he’s way too agile. Will cut us up if we don’t check him closely with someone who can stay with him.

I’ll be pissed off if we let him run around by himself without a clear plan in place to try and slow him down.
Reckon you underestimate Viney’s speed and agility. He’s not a highly skilled player but he’s really quick. It’s really only Harmes, Viney or Nibbler that I can see tagging Daicos.

McVee has some nice qualities but we’ll need him to play his best down back with Bowey out.

Reckon you underestimate Viney’s speed and agility. He’s not a highly skilled player but he’s really quick. It’s really only Harmes, Viney or Nibbler that I can see tagging Daicos.

McVee has some nice qualities but we’ll need him to play his best down back with Bowey out.
Not sure Viney had the endurance to go with Daicos. It’s ANB or nobody, for mine.

You can’t really beat Daicos, so I’d rather focus on others. I’d be more inclined to go toe to toe with them and move the ball quickly, even risking turnovers which Goody hates, to try and isolate Pickett, Fritsch and JVR with mismatches. Totally pivotal that the small forwards, whoever they go with, work their balls off and convert going inside 50.

I'm expecting us to lose so much that I wouldn't be surprised if we somehow pulled out a win, something like against Adelaide in 2017, I don't know, no expectation, just have a feeling we'll do okay.

Bit of a backs to the wall feeling about this one. Media (correctly) been blowtorching our average record over past 25 games, inability to beat top four sides. Boys will be primed to address this. DeGoey out unquestionably weakens them.

I wish De Goey was playing so that if we do win, I don't have to hear that excuse

Plus in a top 4 clash, you'd want to see all the best players out there anyway

Rarely if ever do you get two fully fit and available best 22’s in any game. AFL home and away footy is a war of attrition. You take the opposition’s bad luck and run with it. Swings and roundabouts.

Looks like Clarry going to miss again anyway so DeGoey missing pretty much cancels itself out as a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back