Preview Changes/Preview – Round 13 v Collingwood (Big Freeze 9)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why bother responding with something when you're this sensitive anyway. Nice re use of the opening paragraph though mate. Heaps of originality 🥳

Boweys out and you wanna move McVee out of his position to try a role he's never done at AFL level against potentially the best player in the comp? None of this is snide. Just what you said.

Daicos starts behind the footy and then drifts forward, you have to hurt him the other way so it has to be someone who plays forward.

We don't really have anyone who can play as a defensive forward and damage the other way outside of maybe Sparrow but that's not a game winning move.

Very snidey

My memory is shot but I'm under the impression Harmes did a few great jobs as a tagger, would have liked to have seen that.
Onya Chompers, nice bump mate.

He sucks now and is washed up. Similar to McDonald and Brown still one year to run on his contract sadly :(

He sucks now and is washed up. Similar to McDonald and Brown still one year to run on his contract sadly :(
He’s been poor but how is he cooked at 27 with no major injury history?

Pies got pendles, adams, sidebottom, elliot all playing great footy at 29+

Probably cause Harmes has played a decade of not really having a position. Can tell you where those 4 all play their best footy

He's not physically cooked, but there's been some issues there around roles. Get the distinct impression he's not one of Goody's boys.

Dunno mate, some guys just lose it earlier than others. Harmes has absolutely lost a step, he was never fast but hes a plodder now and his skills are getting worse and worse as each season passes I feel.

To be honest, I just want to see some dare/risk from us at selection/strategy and on game day.

At our worst we are so predictable/drab. When we won the Swans game and debuted JVR Goody talked about being more 'daring' or something. More of that please.
You've hit the nail on the head in terms of the intent we'd all like to see.

Very 'Goody' to claim that debuting a young, 1st round KPF about 6-10 weeks after the supporters wanted him in is 'daring' though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, I just want to see some dare/risk from us at selection/strategy and on game day.

At our worst we are so predictable/drab. When we won the Swans game and debuted JVR Goody talked about being more 'daring' or something. More of that please.

Nailed it.

I've legit never cared much about the CBA stat before this year, but now it's one of the key stats for me.

Bring back Tomas Bugg for a one week special

Nailed it.

I've legit never cared much about the CBA stat before this year, but now it's one of the key stats for me.

It’s just such a great stat because it’s not just about whose in there, it’s also who isn’t in there.

Collingwood will smash us if we go with the usual Trac/Oliver/Viney combo for 80% of the game.

We probably need to back ourselves to score against the pies - they are the best team in it but I wouldn’t say team defence is their strong suit.

Why don’t you add something constructive instead of the snide comments whenever someone has an opinion you don’t agree with?

Who do you think has the physical attributes to go with Daicos? How will we stop him without tagging him? Add something instead of this I know better than everyone crap.

Daicos is a great player. But he can have zero touches and Collingwood will smash us because our mids will keep dumping the ball on Darcy Moore's head.

Steve May to tag Moore out of it, Ben Brown to play FB with his ability to compete and create a contest

Harmes is one of the best taggers in the game when actually given the job. But Goodwin doesn't know what he's doing so Daicos will have 45 touches.
I'm not sure he's quick enough anymore. I was thinking the same thing but he seems to have lost a step and also the ability to hit the scoreboard as well. Just not the same player unfortunately. Think I'd rather play a kid than Harmes right now

I'm on board with the ANB to Daicos matchup. Only guy up forward with the running capacity to go with him all game, and can probably follow him into the middle at times.

Re Moore, think it goes without saying that Smith's sole role will be to stop him intercepting where possible. Reckon Grundy will be up for this week, so would be happy enough for him to play the bulk of the ruck minutes with Gawn playing more forward/contesting around the ground. We might lose a touch of forward pressure with him down there, but I'd rather their small defenders having to try beat our our zippy forwards at ground level than Moore and co just clunking everything and starting scoring chains.

Whilst Collingwood look incredibly fast with their ball movement, a lot of the speed comes from the way they kick the ball and change angles, which is really set up from their intercept/turnover game. The less time they have to set that up, the better off we'll be. And for the love of god, don't just let Daicos get the easy one-twos - the second kick he gets that those instances seemingly almost always leads to scores. Make the likes of Adams, Noble and Mitchell have to kick the ball where possible – their ball movement won't look quite so slick.

Anyway Goody, I'm here all week if you'd like some more advice

Great Job Reaction GIF

McVee's job will be to stick with Hill. Rivers on Ginnivan and Salem on Harrison (would have said McCreery but am guessing he's out...).

Hibberd will be back so probably going to need him on McStay or Elliott.

Going to have to figure out how to shut down the likes of Crisp as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back