Preview Changes/Preview – Round 13 v Collingwood (Big Freeze 9)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McVee's job will be to stick with Hill. Rivers on Ginnivan and Salem on Harrison (would have said McCreery but am guessing he's out...).

Hibberd will be back so probably going to need him on McStay or Elliott.

Going to have to figure out how to shut down the likes of Crisp as well.
Looking at matchups, we actually match up ok on them. Not sure why they own us so bad. Elliott and Mihocek usually have a field day. Handy having Sidebottom, JDG and McReery out. Three very important players to their game. Keep Daicos and Moore relatively quiet(not easy I know) and it goes a long way to winning. We're not without a chance, but Pies just look a step above this season.

Harmes is one of the best taggers in the game when actually given the job. But Goodwin doesn't know what he's doing so Daicos will have 45 touches.
Harmes is suspended.

Kozzy on Daicos has potential. Could absolutely worry him up forward and also play a physical game to unsettle him. Might also have one of those games where he goes completely missing and Daicos is BOG.

Could be a disaster or a masterstroke.

Kozzy on Daicos has potential. Could absolutely worry him up forward and also play a physical game to unsettle him. Might also have one of those games where he goes completely missing and Daicos is BOG.

Could be a disaster or a masterstroke.
its almost as it you can't make adjustments mid-game...right Goody??...Goody!!??????

In - Oliver, Hibberd, Jordan (Sub)
Out - Bowey, Harmes, Tomlinson

B: M.Hibberd, S.May, J.McVee
HB: T.Rivers, J.Lever, C.Salem
C: L.Hunter, J.Viney, E.Langdon
HF: K.Chandler, B.Fritsch, K.Pickett
F: J.Van Rooyen, B.Grundy, A.Neal-Bullen
FOLL: M.Gawn, C.Petracca, C.Oliver
I/C: A.Brayshaw, J.Smith, T.Sparrow, C.Spargo
SUB: J.Jordan

In - Oliver, Hibberd, Jordan (Sub)
Out - Bowey, Harmes, Tomlinson

Pending injuries, the Pies will quite possibly up forward have:

Cox - 211cm
McStay - 196cm
Johnson - 193cm
Michocek - 192cm
Lipinski - 190cm

Don't reckon we drop Tommo.

Pending injuries, the Pies will quite possibly up forward have:

Cox - 211cm
McStay - 196cm
Johnson - 193cm
Michocek - 192cm
Lipinski - 190cm

Don't reckon we drop Tommo.

Can't see Pies risking Lipinski and McStay after injuries

Cox will rest forward so not a major concern

I would be tempted to matchup Smith with Johnson due his leaping and hands

Potentially we could add either Brown or Schache up forward with Smith down back?

May - - - - > Cox
Lever - - - - > Mihocek
Hibberd/Smith - - - - > Johnson
McVee - - - - > Elliott

Potentially we could add either Brown or Schache up forward with Smith down back?

Angry Computer GIF

Can't see Pies risking Lipinski and McStay after injuries

Cox will rest forward so not a major concern

I would be tempted to matchup Smith with Johnson due his leaping and hands

May - - - - > Cox
Lever - - - - > Mihocek
Hibberd/Smith - - - - > Johnson
McVee - - - - > Elliott

Can't see Smith going back. Firstly because he hasn't played/trained there all year, and secondly because in the past it hasn't really worked that well playing him (or any other intercept type) as the third tall.

Looking at matchups, we actually match up ok on them. Not sure why they own us so bad. Elliott and Mihocek usually have a field day. Handy having Sidebottom, JDG and McReery out. Three very important players to their game. Keep Daicos and Moore relatively quiet(not easy I know) and it goes a long way to winning. We're not without a chance, but Pies just look a step above this season.

Buckley had us worked out for a long time when he coached. Last year they were plain and simple much better than us on QB, then the second game we dominated for a half, didn’t reward ourselves then they ran us down.

Last year I feel the second time around we tried to out Collingwood, Collingwood, by that I mean we were much more attacking, it didn't work but was a much closer result than QB. I have a feeling we've reverted to a defensive game. Not sure if it's a good thing, if it's a defensive slog and win good but if we lose it's s**t and we would need to adjust big time. Would rather be attacking and lose by 5 goals then lose a close defensive slog like Adelaide earlier in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley had us worked out for a long time when he coached. Last year they were plain and simple much better than us on QB, then the second game we dominated for a half, didn’t reward ourselves then they ran us down.
Second match we didn't even kick badly they just happened to kick perfectly straight at goal. Only reason they were in it at all at half time.

Will be interesting to see what happens if we are a few goals up at 3QT. Both teams have a great record in the last. It might have happened more recently than i recall, but when was the last time we tracked down a team from behind in the last quarter? We need to be up by a bit going into the last i reckon.

Will be interesting to see what happens if we are a few goals up at 3QT. Both teams have a great record in the last. It might have happened more recently than i recall, but when was the last time we tracked down a team from behind in the last quarter? We need to be up by a bit going into the last i reckon.
Richmond Anzac Eve we were only two points down at 3QT before running them over. But they were up by a fair bit more earlier in the game.

Carlton last year were up by two goals with three minutes to go.

Apart from that you'd have to go back to the final round of 2021 vs the Cats.

ANB to Daicos. Job way too big for McVee at this stage. Daicos will still get 30 touches but blunt his effectiveness by 30% and we go a long way to winning the game.

Leave Viney free to do Viney football.

ANB to Daicos. Job way too big for McVee at this stage. Daicos will still get 30 touches but blunt his effectiveness by 30% and we go a long way to winning the game.

Leave Viney free to do Viney football.

Nick Daicos will most likely play more mid/forward like last week. Especially in the absence of JDG and Sidey.

Our only chance is to keep the pies defence too busy to run amok like they have been . Maybe if we kick the ball along the ground Moore and co can’t mark it . In other words I am not confident we can do enough to win .

Cox will kick a bag. He loves playing the Dees.

He’d be the goat if he played us every week.
I would get max to go with Cox if he goes forward , at least compete with him in the air . Grundy can go forward for us and ruck . Max can ruck when Cox is at centre bounces. Of course it won’t happen .

I'm expecting us to lose so much that I wouldn't be surprised if we somehow pulled out a win, something like against Adelaide in 2017, I don't know, no expectation, just have a feeling we'll do okay.

Won’t happen but I actually would love to see McVee on Daicos too.

There’s no way we could successfully put ANB or Viney on him, he’s way too agile. Will cut us up if we don’t check him closely with someone who can stay with him.

I’ll be pissed off if we let him run around by himself without a clear plan in place to try and slow him down.
Agree. It would be either McVee or Bowey. To stick to his rump like a 2nd pair of shorts. pressure. pressure. pressure.
Not physical intimidation. Just hot on his heels at the footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back