Preview Changes/Preview – Round 20 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm gonna melt so hard if Petty has a stinker.
If he's playing forward, who cares? What are our options down there? Brown is no good. TMac is cooked. Schache is timid af and Grundy is an overpriced ruckman. Our key stocks forward of centre are among the worst in the comp if not THE worst. He's just gotta compete really and he's doing better than any other KPF on the list(besides JVR who is raw).

If he's playing forward, who cares? What are our options down there?
I care.

Thought Ben had a decent first quarter last week, sucked afterwards but I reckon loads of our players did. Wouldn't mind seeing him again to see if he can improve. Scache might be timid but I don't think he'd cry if someone made a "ya mama!" joke.

Also Petty's clearly been hampered if he's so important rest him ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No genuine key forward support for Van Rooyen is a stinker of a decision. Tigers will be licking their lips.

Shoulda persisted with Benny. Two games back from injury hardly sufficient time to find form. He actually did a few nice things in first and third quarters on the weekend.

Last edited:
McVee gets those jobs most week now - Even played on Dusty in the preseason game.
McVee had a shocker last week. Another one like that and Dusty could have a field day. Not sure why we would play McVee on him when we have the perfect matchup in the Pig?

McVee had a shocker last week. Another one like that and Dusty could have a field day. Not sure why we would play McVee on him when we have the perfect matchup in the Pig?

Pig's coming to the end though - Even seems like his role when in is slightly different this year, more intercept and rebound rather than take the oppo's dangerous small. McVee has done a great job most weeks, Rankine is a gun and we lost the inside 50s and tackles last week (including only 1 tackle inside 50 for the game) so I'm not gonna panic after that one.

I care.

Thought Ben had a decent first quarter last week, sucked afterwards but I reckon loads of our players did. Wouldn't mind seeing him again to see if he can improve. Scache might be timid but I don't think he'd cry if someone made a "ya mama!" joke.

Mate, Brown made some space in the first quarter, but that start is only 'decent' if it leads to something. He barely touched the thing after that, and JVR had to do it on his own with some big grabs around the ground. Petty is more mobile, a far better contested mark, and a reasonable set shot. Brown a much better kick at goal, maybe the best in the team, but that's not relevant if he can't take a grab down there anymore.

I care.

Brown actually gets me fn mad watching the footy now. He's frustratingly so bad. Should never play senior level again..

I just think Pig should be in the team because he has been in great form all year. Bring him in, shift Rivers into Sparrow's role. Win win. But alas.
Rivers can't play as a defensive stoppage midfielder. Sparrow plays a pretty selfless role there. I don't have much time for Harmes, but I can see why they've tried to go like for like. I would go Dunstan ahead of Harmes these days. Or shift JJ into that role, but there doesn't seem to be much of a plan for JJ these days beyond the coaches clearly wanting him to stay.

Rivers can't play as a defensive stoppage midfielder. Sparrow plays a pretty selfless role there. I don't have much time for Harmes, but I can see why they've tried to go like for like. I would go Dunstan ahead of Harmes these days. Or shift JJ into that role, but there doesn't seem to be much of a plan for JJ these days beyond the coaches clearly wanting him to stay.
Based on what?

Based on what?
Based on him never doing it before, and based on his strength being breaking lines rather than sitting as the extra man at the stoppage. He might be amazing at it, but why take a chance and why sacrifice what's working?

Based on him never doing it before, and based on his strength being breaking lines rather than sitting as the extra man at the stoppage. He might be amazing at it, but why take a chance and why sacrifice what's working?
They use an extra man at stoppage to break lines

Remove this Banner Ad

Back