Preview Changes/Preview for Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there's going to be a familiar theme here.

Out: Colyer, Bewley, Schultz, Sturt (inj).
In: Blakely, Serong, Banfield, Acres or Hill whoever is fit.

Matera reprieve because of the Sturt injury.

Banfield is limited but at least he's a big campaigner who can win a ball.

I reckon Meek is a chance to debut.

Serong gets in, I dont mind if he replaces fellow rookie Hayden young.

We are 0-3 now. I wish we were at least 1-2 or 2-1.

We have the suns in this up coming game and they gave a nasty beating to the Crows. The suns could easily belt us the same way if we are not careful.

Time to Roate the youth.

Stick to a bext 21 and rotate a rookie or a young player off the bench,

Again, Give Serong a game, I dont care if he only has 70% game time and replaces a fellow 1st year player in young.

Dont worry, Liam henrys body isnt AFL ready yet but I think he will get a debut game late in the season. Hoping Valente gets a game too.

Last edited:
I reckon Meek is a chance to debut.

Serong gets in, I dont mind if he replaces fellow Hayden young.

We are 0-3 now. I wish we were at least 1-2 or 2-1.

We have the suns in this up coming game and they gave a nasty beating to the Crows. The suns could easily belt us the same way if we are not careful.

Time to Roate the youth.

Stick to a bext 21 and rotate a rookie or a young player off the bench,

Again, Give Serong a game, I dont care if he only has 70% game time and replaces a fellow 1st year player in young.

Dont worry, Liam henrys body isnt AFL ready yet but I think he will get a debut game late in the season. Hoping Valente gets a game too.
Why drop Young for Serong when Colyer, Shultz, Matera, can easily make way.

Why drop Young for Serong when Colyer, Shultz, Matera, can easily make way.
Again..... Dont get me wrong, I would love to see freo play some 1st year players. But lets us be brutally honest....

Say if we are facing an in-form suns team in a few days, you thing playing 3 1st year players and 3 2nd year players will help freo win?

Coyler is Garbage, we all know that, but he can run 4 quarters out. So you wanna replace coyler with a 1st year player, will that improve freos chances of winning?

We drop Matera and Walters will be our only forward pocket. Drop schulz for all I care, he is rotated depth.

Again..... Dont get me wrong, I would love to see freo play some 1st year players. But lets us be brutally honest....

Say if we are facing an in-form suns team in a few days, you thing playing 3 1st year players and 3 2nd year players will help freo win?

Coyler is Garbage, we all know that, but he can run 4 quarters out. So you wanna replace coyler with a 1st year player, will that improve freos chances of winning?

We drop Matera and Walters will be our only forward pocket. Drop schulz for all I care, he is rotated depth.
Like Gold Coast are?

Out: Colyer, Schulz, Sturt if injured. Schulz has an outstanding pre season, but he’s not AFL quality. Can’t kick goals, fumbles around the place.
Colyer offers nothing for a short player. Has to make up for it by being great below the legs, fast, kick goals. Just find Colyer struggles to even get involved in games and has poor decision making.
Bewley is another. Weak as for a mature ager. Plays purely wing. But not as pacey.
In: Blakely. We’re bemoaning lack of experience? Then play him. He ll be a welcome addition. Need his in and under.
Serong - time for another debut.
Valente- much needed. If we play plodder, then place them with debutants and move forward as a development. We know what we got with Colyer and Schulz, time to bring in fresh teenagers.

Suns are playing inexperienced just as much as us. We lose to a Suns team with Colyer, Schulz then that’s embarrassing

Banfield is better than Shultz, Colyer and Matera so should play IMO.

Blakely stuffed up a couple of times last year but deserves a chance.

Serong in for who ever.

Sam Collins would be pretty handy at the moment.

Out: Colyer, Schulz, Sturt if injured. Schulz has an outstanding pre season, but he’s not AFL quality. Can’t kick goals, fumbles around the place.
Colyer offers nothing for a short player. Has to make up for it by being great below the legs, fast, kick goals. Just find Colyer struggles to even get involved in games and has poor decision making.
Bewley is another. Weak as for a mature ager. Plays purely wing. But not as pacey.
In: Blakely. We’re bemoaning lack of experience? Then play him. He ll be a welcome addition. Need his in and under.
Serong - time for another debut.
Valente- much needed. If we play plodder, then place them with debutants and move forward as a development. We know what we got with Colyer and Schulz, time to bring in fresh teenagers.
Agree Colyer and Schultz have to go. I’d say Sturt is very doubtful.

Players in the mix for mine:
Blakely, Serong, Duman, SHill

Mundy is struggling, Brayshaw seems to be troubled by injury and Conca needs to be taken out of the backline and moved midfield. I don’t mind Bewley - but he really needs to nail those kicks when in space.

Agree with Longmuir that Tucker and Cerra are good but really need to get involved for four quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll trade you 1 Sam Collins for 1 Nathan Fyfe
hahaha. Tempting but... no.

Glad Sam Collins is doing Ok For your mob. Ironic he was part of the Harley Bennell trade(s)

started off as a mature ager at freo as a 21 year old.

Played 10 games in our horrible 2016 season. Played 2 game in 2017 when he should of played more. I was upset that he was delisted at the end of 2017. He was solid.

Colyer won’t be dropped, firstly because he was actually decent against Port and secondly because he’s one of the very few who actually has some speed on him.

Acres and Hill should slot in if they both get through training with Serong and Blakely fighting for a third spot.

Sturt will have his ankle managed.

Colyer won’t be dropped, firstly because he was actually decent against Port and secondly because he’s one of the very few who actually has some speed on him.

Acres and Hill should slot in if they both get through training with Serong and Blakely fighting for a third spot.

Speed is great but when not used with effectiveness it is useless. Running past the ball, fumbling the ball, running a million miles an hour at the kicker on the lead to see the ball go through his hands. 8 possessions for the game and a fair chuck of them in the first 5mins. Where was he the rest of the game. Time to go I’m afraid.

Speed? What’s the point? Doesn’t use it to his advantage whatsoever. He runs past the ball, fumbles, can’t kick at full speed. No point if he can’t control his game at speed.
Much rather Hill tbh, but he ll be used across half back.
Hughes should get given a shot on the wing. He’s tall, can mark and at least controls his speed to advantage.
On that note, Fredericks could be considered over the next 2 weeks. Pure winger, speed as well. Could get a chance

Suns are playing inexperienced just as much as us. We lose to a Suns team with Colyer, Schulz then that’s embarrassing
No shame losing to a suns side based on how they destroyed the crows.

Point is, I love it when people want you go full youth mode. Ok Lets do it, throw 4-5 1st year players in and another 4-5 2nd year players in too.

Speed is great but when not used with effectiveness it is useless. Running past the ball, fumbling the ball, running a million miles an hour at the kicker on the lead to see the ball go through his hands. 8 possessions for the game and a fair chuck of them in the first 5mins. Where was he the rest of the game. Time to go I’m afraid.
and who should replace him to do a better job and be capable of kicking 2-3 goals and get 15 odd disposals?

and who should replace him to do a better job and be capable of kicking 2-3 goals and get 15 odd disposals?
But Colyer’s not doing that anyhow. I’d play McCarthy, Blakely or Banfield on the HFF ahead of Colyer any day of the week. And perhaps Serong or Valante or someone else maybe ahead in the queue anyhow.

In the Gold Coast game, 3rd gamers Rowell, Anderson & Budarick all played decent minutes (Rowell was statistically BOG). 2 year players King & Lukoius had significant roles. No-one was too concerned about whether those guys had enough of a tank to get through the game.

But Colyer’s not doing that anyhow. I’d play McCarthy, Blakely or Banfield on the HFF ahead of Colyer any day of the week. And perhaps Serong or Valante or someone else maybe ahead in the queue anyhow.

In the Gold Coast game, 3rd gamers Rowell, Anderson & Budarick all played decent minutes (Rowell was statistically BOG). 2 year players King & Lukoius had significant roles. No-one was too concerned about whether those guys had enough of a tank to get through the game.
Ok 1st off, theses are 15-16 minute quaters.

From that 2000-19 period we had 20 minute quarters.

Hell.... in the early 1990s period it was 25 minutes.

You also realize King and Luksious are key forwards? They are not going to run around the suns defensive 50.

We are 0-3. Theres 14 more games left to play more youth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back